2023 PG Jeremy Fears Commits to Michigan State

This is his second visit. His dad has said very positive things in the past.  

He is probably my favorite recruit in 2023.  He had me at competitor, tough D, and floor general. 

I also would be very happy to get a top player from Illinois.  it is fertile recruiting ground that is nearby that we can hit hard.

I would love to see an early commitment his junior year so we can go into next summer with a top player (or two, e.g., Kaleb Glenn), and leverage the momentum.  The pied piper effect.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Why do those Hoosier Hysterics creeps have access to our basketball team and recruits? Did you guys see that video of them and Fears? 100% cringeworthy. They are the weirdest of weird. Get them out of here. 

They probably have access because the team and coaches connect with them.  The humor part is part of their routine as they are entertainers who have separated themselves from every other website, poster, podcast.  Like them or not, they have access to the IU basketball complete family.  And haves acess to the team and coaches.  

Personally, I find them funny and enjoy them.  In show buisness you have to create an identity to get a following.  They did that AND have the coaches on board.  Furthermore, the players seem to like them.  👍 

That illini account that reposted it likes to start stuff with everyone. They have with a UK player and dickinson from michigan as well. You can tell the jokes was in good fun but i agree it shouldnt of happened in the first place. If theres going to be fan - recruit interaction it should be like how we did for clowney. 

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Why do those Hoosier Hysterics creeps have access to our basketball team and recruits? Did you guys see that video of them and Fears? 100% cringeworthy. They are the weirdest of weird. Get them out of here. 

Members of the staff and athletic department supposedly like them and their support.

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

I know one recruit who was very turned off by them, fwiw. Their gimmicks won’t last long. 

Couldn't that be true about anyone who puts themselves out there?  It would be interesting to see if this recruit ends up at IU and gets an NIL opportunity from HH....would the recruit turn that down?  

Not everyone gets a sitdown invite to Coach Knights home.  Not everyone gets access to practices, and coach offices.  

I would be interested to hear how the conversation came up about thr recruit being turned off.  That is not an organic conversation, unless the person asking is doing a similar thing as the HH do and reach out and talk to recruits.  

6 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Couldn't that be true about anyone who puts themselves out there?  It would be interesting to see if this recruit ends up at IU and gets an NIL opportunity from HH....would the recruit turn that down?  

Not everyone gets a sitdown invite to Coach Knights home.  Not everyone gets access to practices, and coach offices.  

I would be interested to hear how the conversation came up about thr recruit being turned off.  That is not an organic conversation, unless the person asking is doing a similar thing as the HH do and reach out and talk to recruits.  

I still have PM’s with Mile about it. I knew a player (he went to my high school) who was on the team with someone we were recruiting. You can PM me for the name if you want. But he went on to play for a team in the Big East, and recently transferred. Easy to figure out but I don’t want to state the recruits name directly. 

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I still have PM’s with Mile about it. I knew a player (he went to my high school) who was on the team with someone we were recruiting. You can PM me for the name if you want. But he went on to play for a team in the Big East, and recently transferred. Easy to figure out but I don’t want to state the recruits name directly. 

No need, and I beleive it can happen.  Sports is an entertainment buisness and I enjoy their access and how they make those they interview real people.  Also, the access behind closed doors.  

I could do without the references made to "other activites" with them being an extension to the programs.  But, from this fan that is my only criticism.  

Everyone has a choice to like or dislime an act.  I was just trying to show a different perspective and view.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll add to the pile on here.  I've not seen a lot of their stuff, but what I have seen is pure cornball.  I had no idea they had access to recruits, but yeah...I'd stop that right now if my small sample is representative of their shtick. Let folks like TDH do the heavy lifting here.

That fine line between enthusiasm and idiocy...

In the since deleted 25 seconds I watched, all I saw was 2 major fan boys acting like they were 13 when around a high school student. If it would have been a random fan, ok, strange...but these guys seem connected. Weird.  But it's the world we live in now...everybody has a camera at all times. 

Ready for the hs and college hoops seasons to start!