2023 PG Jeremy Fears Commits to Michigan State

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I mean I’m sure you can message them and ask them to produce those records 🤷🏻‍♂️

Point being, there’s no record of them actually doing anything for IU’s players. Simply stating they are working to set up a NIL platform is the same as me saying I’m starting a charity for cancer research…sounds cool, means nothing 

13 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Point being, there’s no record of them actually doing anything for IU’s players. Simply stating they are working to set up a NIL platform is the same as me saying I’m starting a charity for cancer research…sounds cool, means nothing 

If I'm reading this correctly, the HH NIL Collective collects money from businesses, boosters and fans and uses it to pay IU athletes to promote Hoosier Hysterics?

In order to create name, image and likeness opportunities for Indiana University athletes and be able to pool resources from businesses, boosters and all fans, the Hoosier Hysterics NIL Collective has been created.

If there is a business, booster or just any fan who wants to contribute to NIL in general but doesn’t need a reciprocal relationship, the business or booster can contribute to the Collective, then the Collective will pool the money together to create significant NIL deals, and an athlete or athletes in turn promote Hoosier Hysterics. That could be social media posts, appearances, etc.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/New-NIL-initiative-The-Hoosier-Hysterics-NIL-Collective-169529715/

So, this sounds like a way to pay players to appear on their podcast, using other peoples money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If I'm reading this correctly, the HH NIL Collective collects money from businesses, boosters and fans and uses it to pay IU athletes to promote Hoosier Hysterics?

In order to create name, image and likeness opportunities for Indiana University athletes and be able to pool resources from businesses, boosters and all fans, the Hoosier Hysterics NIL Collective has been created.

If there is a business, booster or just any fan who wants to contribute to NIL in general but doesn’t need a reciprocal relationship, the business or booster can contribute to the Collective, then the Collective will pool the money together to create significant NIL deals, and an athlete or athletes in turn promote Hoosier Hysterics. That could be social media posts, appearances, etc.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/New-NIL-initiative-The-Hoosier-Hysterics-NIL-Collective-169529715/

So, this sounds like a way to pay players to appear on their podcast, using other peoples money. 

Also pay for themselves to travel places and bring family.  They are losers and need to be stopped.  It’s embarrassing with the way they act and the crap they pull.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You hit the nail on the head. It’s a cash grab. I’m sure they are IU fans but this isn’t some philanthropic quest to attract and reward IU athletes. It’s annoying at best, and exploitative at its core. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get the impression that social media debacle rubbed Fears camp the wrong way. Also, word from Illini fans is IU was big time negative recruiting against Illannoy on visit and that also didn’t sit well with them (particularly his father). Could be complete BS - I don’t think Matta has anything good to say about Illinois (and Illinois would feel same).    Just what I’ve heard

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Have u ever read their boards? They make stuff up all the time lmao

No.  Heard from a friend who follows closely and has some ties to their athletic dept … but perhaps his source is message board on this. 

Edited by Bustout

9 hours ago, Bustout said:

No.  Heard from a friend who follows closely and has some ties to their athletic dept … but perhaps his source is message board on this. 

Illinois message boards are not a good place for accurate info. They like to twist facts around to favor Illinois quite a bit. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

IU not in top 5 for Fears....Michigan, Illinois, Kansas, Uconn,Michigan St

Perhaps he sees that Woody prefers veteran guards....either way...nice player and seems a very good chance given his final 5 we will see him twice a year in the future.

Edited by dgambill

On 12/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, IU Scott said:

Back in the summer it appeared he would be the next commitment.  Everything changed when those idiots on Hoosier Hysterics got in the way 

I think that is way way oversimplifying a very complex decision. Maybe it didn't help...who knows...but there are TONS of other factors effecting these choices. I highly doubt a couple over-zealous fans scared this family away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2