Kaleb Glenn - 2023

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Kid is very well built…but his competition in Kentucky is not very good at all. He is rated higher than Banks but I wonder if he is that much better. We will see where it goes.

In the claims I saw, he never went left.  Obviously a small sample size, but you could see where he had a choice, he went right even if it was the harder situation.  That tells me he needs to work on going left hard.  Very solidly built player though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

In the claims I saw, he never went left.  Obviously a small sample size, but you could see where he had a choice, he went right even if it was the harder situation.  That tells me he needs to work on going left hard.  Very solidly built player though.  

I couldn't get the youtube videos to imbed but it looked like he played a lot with his back to the basket and used his physicality to overwhelm smaller opponents....also like you said I didn't see him using his dribble drive a lot. I think his travel ball will give us a better indication because like I said the HS competition in Kentucky is not good.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Had a crystal ball pick for Louisville on the 17th. No recruit uses the phrase "absolutely phenomenal" when speaking of a school. sounds like this could get interesting.

Those are amazing post visit quotes. Similar to Jeremy Fears. I don't remember seeing any comments like this after visits to Bloomington in the past. 

• Like 2

I know recruits pretty much always say positive things about a school after a visit so it's unsurprising that he and the other visitors have said good things after theirs. However, there are degrees of positive and under Woodson they seem to be much more positive than after visits under the last few staffs. Either this staff is recruiting more kids who are prone to hyperbole or they are really making great impressions. It's wonderful to see and hopefully will result in landing some great recruiting classes.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Glenn's high school coach joined him on his IU visit.  Had a good talk with him about the day.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/prominent-louisville-high-school-coach-blown-away-by-iu-basketball-coaching-staff/

To have a COACH blown away says a lot! Between his reaction and Glenn's I think we have made quite the impression! I know Louisville is the favorite here but can't help thinking we will give them a run for their money! (which they will likely give to Glenn in the form of vouchers to the Blue Diamonds Gentleman's Club)