General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't condone knocking somebody out. With that said, there is a reddit thread on this where even Iowa fans are calling Bohannon a total jerk, and sharing stories of him being a complete jerk on campus repeatedly. 

Like even Iowa fans are saying if anyone deserved to get punched that it is Bohannon. 

Again, it doesn't excuse it and it shouldn't happen, but apparently Bohannon has a very negative reputation around there. 

Lesson learned I hope.

When I was a kid growing up we were "white trash!" I was bullied and made fun of. The only way to stop it was to defend yourself. Many times the loud mouth, obnoxious bully goes away when you beat the shxx out of them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rico said:

Yeah, that one gave me a chuckle.  I also gather that Jordan is not a fan favorite...

With that hairdo, he always reminded me of one of Biff's (from "Back to the Future") wingmen...

image.png.3edf216fb1abbd330e259d6a83207178.png

I think he's the one in the 3D glasses...

Maybe he told the guy, "Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

Pretty telling post:

I was aware of this incident before it was released from a few friends who were there that night. Jordan earned everything he got. He was throwing drinks on a wedding party from a balcony above and running his mouth to guys twice his size who were pissed off at him for throwing the drinks. He was not assaulted. He earned a punch. End of story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Notice no charges pressed?  Pretty clear he deserved it.  Going to be interesting how he is received at the first home game.  

I would assume that it really hasn't hit the prosecutor's desk yet...but no arrest/s sure says something.  Maybe @Hoosierhoopstercan give us his legal expertise?

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I would assume that it really hasn't hit the prosecutor's desk yet...but no arrest/s sure says something.  Maybe @Hoosierhoopstercan give us his legal expertise?

Maybe.   I finished a fight after a guy wanted to be tough and got too close to some girl friends of mine.  I told him to back away, he pushed me, i knocked him for a loop.  He walked directly straight down 3 or 4 houses to IUPD and pressed charges.  Cops showed up to our door.  I presented myself and told my side of the story.  Those cops choose not to arrest based on my account.  However it did later go downtown and cops showed up at my house with a warrant during Christmas break.  My fraternity runs deep in Bloomington and i was told not to turn myself in.  I had to go to the prosecutors office and do 40 hours of community service and be on deferral.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Pretty telling post:

I was aware of this incident before it was released from a few friends who were there that night. Jordan earned everything he got. He was throwing drinks on a wedding party from a balcony above and running his mouth to guys twice his size who were pissed off at him for throwing the drinks. He was not assaulted. He earned a punch. End of story.

Sounds like it, but how many drinks thrown does it take to get kicked out of a that bar!? Sounds like he should have been booted before it ended the way it did. 

This is why I hate The Whinin Illini

Great article by @The Daily Hoosier telling the story of Chester Frazier chest bumping Eric Gordon...Apparently Underwood hired Frazier to be an assistant coach as all of his assistants went the rats off a sinking ship route this spring...

Underwood brought up the chest bump at the presser...

“Hey, damn, the half court handshake with Eric Gordon, are you shittin’ me? I mean he blasted that dude,” Underwood said with a mischievous grin “You don’t think that didn’t fit with me? We’re rockin’ right there now.”

Yeah Brad...Never mind (as TDH mentions) that IU won the game and Eric Gordon went to the NBA and made over $100 million bucks, while Chester Frazier "had a brief career overseas" and is now an assistant to, well, you...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Great article by @The Daily Hoosier telling the story of Chester Frazier chest bumping Eric Gordon...Apparently Underwood hired Frazier to be an assistant coach as all of his assistants went the rats off a sinking ship route this spring...

“Hey, damn, the half court handshake with Eric Gordon, are you shittin’ me? I mean he blasted that dude,” Underwood said with a mischievous grin “You don’t think that didn’t fit with me? We’re rockin’ right there now.”

Yeah Brad...Never mind (as TDH mentions) that IU won the game and Eric Gordon went to the NBA and made over $100 million bucks, while Chester Frazier "had a brief career overseas" and is now an assistant to, well, you...

Wow what a dbag. I thought that quote sounded like it was from The Onion, but no. In case anyone wants to see/hear it for themselves...

36 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Some schools talk about titles and banners in their past....some talk about pregame stuff in a losing effort. Underwood should figure out why he can't keep anyone around. 

I knew Ayo not getting to the league by year 2 would hurt them in Chicago circles i.e. not developing players,etc.......but not this much. Of course I said as much on here last summer and was laughed at by our Quincy buddy. I think they have a couple nice guys coming back but I've also heard some strange rumors too. I don't think everyone has left yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They should hang a banner for the Chest Bump National Championship they won right up there with the 0 banners they have for basketball. They would then have a mythical championship banner hanging like Purdue!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4