General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I got a couple of dear friends that work at VU.  All I can say is that they aren't pleased.  

So much of this is beyond ridiculous.  I saw a report of a state legislator (I forget where) that got a letter advising him to change his last name (Cox) because is sounds offensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

So much of this is beyond ridiculous.  I saw a report of a state legislator (I forget where) that got a letter advising him to change his last name (Cox) because is sounds offensive.

Here you go.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/aug/9/spencer-cox-utah-governor-urged-change-obscene-nam/

Clown world has no peak. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Knew a guy once that was looking into buying a candy store.  Said he was going to name it Cox Suckers.  Never could get the financing worked out though.  

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

The librarian at my school last name was Blower and today they would make h.chanhe is name.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can you imagine, your first week or so on campus.  You gather with other freshman to put chairs in trees and chant f IU.  What a bunch of pathetic losers.  

https://www.purdueexponent.org/campus/article_045de09a-ff81-11eb-aa7e-8b56ba3906a2.html

It helps having beefy coeds when you're lofting wooden lawn chairs into trees...

• Haha 3

On 8/11/2021 at 5:31 PM, Zuckerkorn said:

On 8/11/2021 at 6:49 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Breaking news: Mike Hunt wrote the letter after his dixie wrecked. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can you imagine, your first week or so on campus.  You gather with other freshman to put chairs in trees and chant f IU.  What a bunch of pathetic losers.  

https://www.purdueexponent.org/campus/article_045de09a-ff81-11eb-aa7e-8b56ba3906a2.html

...and that is why they are, and will always be little brother. Turdue didn't cross my mind my freshman year until we played them in football. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Man i have never seen one schools fans so obsessed about another school. Hoosiers are living rent free in their heads, it is both sad and pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Man i have never seen one schools fans so obsessed about another school. Hoosiers are living rent free in their heads, it is both sad and pathetic.

Ohio State fans can tell you how many days it's been since Michigan beat them in any sport and go out of their way to omit the letter M from any conversation, but yeah, this is pretty bad. I think a lot of Purdue fans are insecure and need the schadenfreude of clowning on IU to rally around. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Ohio State fans can tell you how many days it's been since Michigan beat them in any sport and go out of their way to omit the letter M from any conversation, but yeah, this is pretty bad. I think a lot of Purdue fans are insecure and need the schadenfreude of clowning on IU to rally around. 

I think Ohio State only does that the week they play the Wolverines, which is kind of funny. If Turdue only did these things the week they played the Hoosiers it wouldn't be so obsessive sounding. Cheering IU sucks while playing the Cornhuskers or some other team 🙃 🙄 

Edited by Hoosier51

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Breaking news: Mike Hunt wrote the letter after his dixie wrecked. 

I have personally known two guys named Mike Hunt, and have heard of a third that played HS ball in Southern Indiana (New Albany?)

One of the two I knew would have to be paged over the PA system in the factory where we worked.  When one of the ladies in the office were doing the paging, they enunciated it a Michael Hunt, very carefully.  The maintenance supervisor would page him by alternate name: "Your P*ssy" :rollinglaugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

You do know the purdue free board has a thread they constantly update about the number of days it's been since we beat them - then they accuse any IU fan who posts of being "obsessed".  Lol

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

You do know the purdue free board has a thread they constantly update about the number of days it's been since we beat them - then they accuse any IU fan who posts of being "obsessed".  Lol

Fun fact: whatever the number is, Michigan can actually claim a higher one. 

Man, even when they have an historically long winning streak against the team they hate most, someone else is still better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Don’t think there was anything about IU when I was a freshman at BGR 11 years ago.  Personally, I wish the IU sucks stuff only happened when we played you guys.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, NotIThatLives said:

WTH?  When I went to college I settled into my apartment, found the gym, and found where the food lives. 

Finally found all my classes about 2 weeks in😉.  

• Like 1