General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I would like to add that Few isn't really a media darling.  He has made some statements in the past on various topics that the sportswriters sensationalized.  With that being said, it wouldn't be ridiculous to assume that there is gonna be some "witch hunting" going on here.  Basically looking for skeletons in Mark's closet.  For all I know Few might have a major drinking problem...

You mean, the press would gang up on somebody they didn't like?!?!

I've never heard of them doing that before! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I would like to add that Few isn't really a media darling.  He has made some statements in the past on various topics that the sportswriters sensationalized.  With that being said, it wouldn't be ridiculous to assume that there is gonna be some "witch hunting" going on here.  Basically looking for skeletons in Mark's closet.  For all I know Few might have a major drinking problem...

The more you win the bigger the broom to sweep it under the rug. 

Huge pet peeve.  I live in Indiana.  I shop in Indiana. Last night, I am at a Meijer in Indiana.  Indiana is a basketball state.

But, does the stack of Athlon preseason  magazines on the shelf at said Meijer have a single magazine with an Indiana-themed cover?

No!

They all got f#@#$ing Kentucky and Louisville covers.  Bulls#*t.  

Rant over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Huge pet peeve.  I live in Indiana.  I shop in Indiana. Last night, I am at a Meijer in Indiana.  Indiana is a basketball state.

But, does the stack of Athlon preseason  magazines on the shelf at said Meijer have a single magazine with an Indiana-themed cover?

No!

Rant over.

There's just no justice in the world any more!

46 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No!

Rant over.

If you want a Notre Dame or Michigan one I can pick it up for you at the Warsaw Meijer's.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I was more focused on the press piling on than the drinking...

It will be interesting how the media handles this Few "situation."  I remember a NBC piece about 2 years ago where the author was criticizing Mark's "pot shots" at the Governor of California.  

30 minutes ago, rico said:

It will be interesting how the media handles this Few "situation."  I remember a NBC piece about 2 years ago where the author was criticizing Mark's "pot shots" at the Governor of California.  

The handling will also be impacted by it not being basketball season and the fact that Gonzaga, while certainly a top/successful program, is located in the North West and is from a mid-major. 

Guarantee if this was a blue blood school on the east coach or in the Midwest it would get more press. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The handling will also be impacted by it not being basketball season and the fact that Gonzaga, while certainly a top/successful program, is located in the North West and is from a mid-major. 

Guarantee if this was a blue blood school on the east coach or in the Midwest it would get more press. 

All true...but it is still Mark Few.