General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think @IU/Butler/Notre Dame/Stetson/Ball State has something to do with this 😉

Starting to look like my wife’s academic transcript. Both of her (current) degrees are through Northern Kentucky, but she’s taken classes and has credits from Eastern Kentucky and UK. I joke that she needs to get at least one class or certificate from WKU, just to complete the compass. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Starting to look like my wife’s academic transcript. Both of her (current) degrees are through Northern Kentucky, but she’s taken classes and has credits from Eastern Kentucky and UK. I joke that she needs to get at least one class or certificate from WKU, just to complete the compass. 

Right after I retired from the USAF I sent my resume out to different aviation corps, and I had 6 colleges listed...an HR guy (who grew up in Decatur, Alabama) from the corp that eventually hired me called me to review the paperwork and said, "Now your transcripts...you have a dog from every county in here, don't you?" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

"I got to do a ton of stuff because of the money..."

...like Door Dash. 🤣🤣🤣

Does anyone ever get the idea that Dan manages his finances about as well as Terrell Owens?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rico said:

I didn't mind him doing games.

When he really focused in on the game, and didn’t get distracted by other things, he was the best analyst ESPN had IMO. I’ve posted this before, but when he started doing TV on BTN, I thought he was fantastic. When he got to ESPN he fell into the trap of trying to be a personality and not just an analyst and it was all downhill from there. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I personally enjoy Dan. 

I think he's a good basketball analyst when he wants to be.

Beyond that, I think he's an opinionated, arrogant prick who handles his finances like a 10-year-old, so no...not any real respect for him.  Anyone, even Dan can have good moments like shooting hoops with little kids on a college basketball court, but when I look at the sum total of Dan...how he treats callers, how he interacted with people on Twitter before he shut his account down, how he went out of his way to disrespect the school (and it's fans) that jump-started his career...

Nope.  No respect for that.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think he's a good basketball analyst when he wants to be.

Beyond that, I think he's an opinionated, arrogant prick who handles his finances like a 10-year-old, so no...not any real respect for him.  Anyone, even Dan can have good moments like shooting hoops with little kids on a college basketball court, but when I look at the sum total of Dan...how he treats callers, how he interacted with people on Twitter before he shut his account down, how he went out of his way to disrespect the school (and it's fans) that jump-started his career...

Nope.  No respect for that.

It's a character and it works. 

46 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not hard to believe. He said he went from getting a salary to being paid by the game and said something to the effect of not wanting Friday night MAC games.

People can believe what they want...

I personally believe this about as much I I do him saying he delivered food via DoorDash for the fun of it...

In this article he even says...

"I don't know if ESPN is going to have me back. I assume they won't," Dakich said on his show. "Who cares? Who cares man?"