General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)

Ball State lost an exhibition game to Michigan Tech last night. That's a D-2 school in the Upper Peninsula. BSU trailed by as many as 16 in the second half. 

I'm not sure how James Whitford sill has a job. In 8 seasons, he has two CIT appearances and has won just two conference tournament games. He was given a two year extension this past summer. 

Luke Brown must have really missed his girlfriend to want to transfer into that mess. Or maybe he just likes resurrecting dead programs. 

41 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

UK is down 7 at halftime, to something called "Miles College".   😯🤣

Miles actually had the lead on them until roughly 10 minutes to go in 2nd. 11-15 from 3 at some point...and yes right now some assistants or recruiters in the country are trying to find out who is scoring for Miles so maybe they would want to transfer to their D1 school next year. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Miles actually had the lead on them until roughly 10 minutes to go in 2nd. 11-15 from 3 at some point...and yes right now some assistants or recruiters in the country are trying to find out who is scoring for Miles so maybe they would want to transfer to their D1 school next year. 

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/11/5/22766345/kentucky-basketball-miles-college-recap-final-score-uk-wildcats-2021

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

@Stlboiler23

What's your take on TKR redshirting?

At first it surprised me but didn’t realize he missed a good chunk of time in the summer with his wrist injury. Painter always leaves it up to the player to decide what he wants to do so I’m behind it. I think a lot of it is due to how ready Furst is. He hasn’t looked like a freshman. 

What do you think?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Jalen Coleman-Lands is still playing basketball! Wow 

Remember watching him as a soph at Cathedral wishing he chose IU after title game. I know the family had some $ issues but seemingly every decision he or his family has made has been wrong since heading to La Lumiere. 

Hope the kid finds stability and success at some point....and I use the term kid loosely. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Remember watching him as a soph at Cathedral wishing he chose IU after title game. I know the family had some $ issues but seemingly every decision he or his family has made has been wrong since heading to La Lumiere. 

Hope the kid finds stability and success at some point....and I use the term kid loosely. 

Didn’t he have a younger brother? Wonder whatever happened to him. Thought he was playing D1 ball too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Is it just me or do some of you find it difficult to watch Chet Holmgren play? I am so afraid that bones will just start breaking. 

Haven't watched but yes, he sure looks spindly in every picture I see.  I can't imagine him being able to absorb a season of banging.  What's his game?  hover out at the 3-point line?

With that body, his skill set must be otherworldly.