General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)

3 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

What is "aiding and abetting DWI"? Just being the car with a drunk driver? I've never heard of this before.

I’m too lazy to look it up but maybe he wasn’t driving and coach K grandson was and he was like I haven’t been drinking let me act like I was driving and he got caught lying. 

3 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

What is "aiding and abetting DWI"? Just being the car with a drunk driver? I've never heard of this before.

Just heard the broadcaster say that the kid cited for "Aiding & abetting DUI" was due to him knowingly letting the other kid drive his car, while intoxicated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Just heard the broadcaster say that the kid cited for "Aiding & abetting DUI" was due to him knowingly letting the other kid drive his car, while intoxicated.

My sources tell me that K's grandson is willing to serve his time and Banchero's.  He doesn't want them both to be a distraction to the team and to K-poobah's Grande Finale Tour.    😋

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Haven't watched but yes, he sure looks spindly in every picture I see.  I can't imagine him being able to absorb a season of banging.  What's his game?  hover out at the 3-point line?

With that body, his skill set must be otherworldly.

He is very very fortunate to be playing along side Timme.....guy is like old man YMCA banging and moves in and around the basket. Chet can just float and never has to get his hands dirty.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:39 AM, ledies22 said:

1A177066-721B-41D6-A1E7-FFD7EBD647A7.png

Paolo is legit! Man he looked really really good against UK. Of all the impressive players on the floor that night he impressed me the most. I know the rest of the competition hasn't been that impressive but he is shooting like 63% on the year so far....and those are mostly facing up and taking contested jumpers.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Paolo is legit! Man he looked really really good against UK. Of all the impressive players on the floor that night he impressed me the most. I know the rest of the competition hasn't been that impressive but he is shooting like 63% on the year so far....and those are mostly facing up and taking contested jumpers.

The times sure have changed. I had Biology class with Alan Henderson and he missed Tuesday and Thursday class and was sitting in street clothes at a home game on Saturday. He never missed class again. 

I don't understand how he did not at least get a 1 game suspension against a crappy team just to send a message but what do i know. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The times sure have changed. I had Biology class with Alan Henderson and he missed Tuesday and Thursday class and was sitting in street clothes at a home game on Saturday. He never missed class again. 

I don't understand how he did not at least get a 1 game suspension against a crappy team just to send a message but what do i know. 

Something in the water in NC. Win at all cost....between them and the Tar Heels....geez. Coach K knows these kids aren't true student athletes....they are there for a semester and gone. He just wants his victory lap this year.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 3:51 PM, FKIM01 said:

Haven't watched but yes, he sure looks spindly in every picture I see.  I can't imagine him being able to absorb a season of banging.  What's his game?  hover out at the 3-point line?

With that body, his skill set must be otherworldly.

While he definitely needs to put on some muscle his skill set is pretty impressive. He is a well rounded player, 14 pts, 13 rebs, 7 blks and 6 ast in his debut. Granted it was against less then stellar competition, but in the game i watched you could tell he has a bright future.

Edited by Hoosier51

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

L104 by chance? I hated the Biology and Physics/Chemistry classes....only way I got past those was White Rabbit was the store where you could buy old tests if memory serves. Although given Henderson's family he probably enjoyed Biology classes. Haha.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

What a joke letting him play.  I suppose if grandson had crashed and killed someone they'd both be running laps as punishment.  How the hell is this not a huge story???  Smh

Go Hoosiers!!!

35 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

What a joke letting him play.  I suppose if grandson had crashed and killed someone they'd both be running laps as punishment.  How the hell is this not a huge story???  Smh

Go Hoosiers!!!

It probably would have taken somebody to die for Duke to come "clean."

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Those kids didn't wake up that morning and decide they were going to be the type of people to get into this type of situation.  The warning signs had to already be there.  Too often, parents, coaches, and school administrators look the other way when athletes, especially star players, are headed down the wrong path.  

The two kids should pay a heavy price.  Ultimately, you make your own decisions.  But, all of the supposed 'leaders' that surround the kids, team, and school bear some responsibility here as well.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Those kids didn't wake up that morning and decide they were going to be the type of people to get into this type of situation.  The warning signs had to already be there.  Too often, parents, coaches, and school administrators look the other way when athletes, especially star players, are headed down the wrong path.  

The two kids should pay a heavy price.  Ultimately, you make your own decisions.  But, all of the supposed 'leaders' that surround the kids, team, and school bear some responsibility here as well.  

Just a sad state of affairs.  JSMH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

🙄. He wouldn’t have gotten to play because his basketball IQ was at the bottom of the barrel. Tells you what kind of person he is throwing the guy that coached him under the bus in public. Real class act here. 

He made a follow up post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1