Jump to content

General College Basketball News (Stories Undeserving Of Their Own Topic)


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

My brother went to school with a kid named Dick Chew. My brother-in-law's name is Mike Hunt. 

That used to be the joke, get the receptionist to page “mike hunt”

Worked at at a place where the SC plant managers last name was Hunt.

The office manager absolutely refused to page him when he was visiting the Michigan plant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

That used to be the joke, get the receptionist to page “mike hunt”

Worked at at a place where the SC plant managers last name was Hunt.

The office manager absolutely refused to page him when he was visiting the Michigan plant.

I vaguely remember a character named Peter Lipshitz,  still cracks me up

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

That used to be the joke, get the receptionist to page “mike hunt”

Worked at at a place where the SC plant managers last name was Hunt.

The office manager absolutely refused to page him when he was visiting the Michigan plant.

My old job I called the secretary from the maintenance shop, a Hispanic girl, and had her page Richard Cranium. It was worth it. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My old job I called the secretary from the maintenance shop, a Hispanic girl, and had her page Richard Cranium. It was worth it. 

The Simpsons had me calling our Kroger store every weekend. I would call the customer service  from the store pay phone and ask to page my uncle or aunt. My favorite was Hugh Jass, the lady repeated about 5 times I was dying.  If there is a Huge Jass in the store please come to the front desk

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Goose said:

A former pastor of mine had the name Richard Dick. He was a great guy but it really felt weird at first calling him Pastor Dick. After a couple of weeks never thought about it anymore. Calling him Pastor Dick squared would be even worse.

You could call him "Pastor Antelope" and be close.....(dikdik)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, rico said:

The other story on the page is even worse:

Calipari has undeniably turned things around. On Wednesday night, he secured yet another big commitment -- this time from Chris Livingston, the No. 6 prospect in the Class of 2022. The 6-foot-6 wing picked Kentucky over offers from Georgetown and Tennessee State and became a part of a three-player class that also features the prospects ranked No. 1 (Shaedon Sharpe) and No. 17 (Skyy Clark). As a result, Kentucky now has the top-ranked recruiting class in the country -- and Calipari isn't even close to being done considering UK is the perceived leader to also land the prospects ranked No. 2 (Dereck Lively II) and No. 7 (Cason Wallace), which means it's likely that the Wildcats will eventually have a recruiting class featuring the top two prospects, and four of the top seven, in the Class of 2022.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The other story on the page is even worse:

Calipari has undeniably turned things around. On Wednesday night, he secured yet another big commitment -- this time from Chris Livingston, the No. 6 prospect in the Class of 2022. The 6-foot-6 wing picked Kentucky over offers from Georgetown and Tennessee State and became a part of a three-player class that also features the prospects ranked No. 1 (Shaedon Sharpe) and No. 17 (Skyy Clark). As a result, Kentucky now has the top-ranked recruiting class in the country -- and Calipari isn't even close to being done considering UK is the perceived leader to also land the prospects ranked No. 2 (Dereck Lively II) and No. 7 (Cason Wallace), which means it's likely that the Wildcats will eventually have a recruiting class featuring the top two prospects, and four of the top seven, in the Class of 2022.

 

Calling it now 22-23 season the seedlings will have Kensucky and IU in the same region and CMW and company will beat them!!!

 

Afterwards, Calislimy will vow to never play in the tournament again if they are seeded in the same region as IU!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There are a few names on this board and it's history to the old scout days that you wish you would just never see again. Haha....this is one and Moses Abraham is the other.

Add a certain coaches name to that list also, he goes by the moniker Masshole. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...