Another option for high end talent...

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/elite-high-school-basketball-programs-to-form-a-new-powerhouse-national-league/

Sounds like it makes sense to me so that these players can maintain the ability to cash in on NIL when the NCAA finally approves it

I guess I assumed these teams already all played each other in showcase events....not sure what the difference is? 

Seems like these schools are already just professional, minor league teams that just don't pay. So they view a new minor league that does pay as a real threat to their bottom line.

Also seems like a hollow move - I don't think lack of exposure is a problem for the kids at any of these schools.

10 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Seems like these schools are already just professional, minor league teams that just don't pay. So they view a new minor league that does pay as a real threat to their bottom line.

Also seems like a hollow move - I don't think lack of exposure is a problem for the kids at any of these schools.

At least they also prepare kids for school too. Some of the kids don't get very good teaching in some of the schools they are coming out of and these prep schools also help kids prepare for college classes while giving them immense flexibility to work out and travel and compete and maintain eligibility.