2021 Post Season

btownqb

23 hours ago, btownqb said:

No idea.

Hopefully the Irish are on a flight back to South Bend tomorrow after blowing a 4 run lead today. 

I think i would say today’s game is what constitutes an ass whooping. I’d rather have MSU’s pitching staff for a game 3 though, although ND has rocked their two top pitchers so far.

ACC has proven they were very solid this year. UVA has had a great run.. but they got an incredible draw, as well. Have no problem with them winning though. They get Tennessee in the 1st game of Omaha. 

Texas gets the winner of the game tonight. 

Other matchups. Stanford/NC ST 

AZ/Vandy which is an incredible matchup of strengths. Vandy probably the best 2 pitchers in the country (that start) and one of the best offenses and hottest offenses in AZ. Should be fun. 

Have to think MSST has the edge tonight: packed house/largest stadium in college baseball, more depth to their pitching staff. But.. ND has been awesome in their 5 games of the post season and crazier things have absolutely happened. NCST beating Arkansas would be a wayyyyy bigger upset than ND over MSST. 

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

Had no idea we had a resident ND fan. 

I have proudly worn my reversible jacket since 1979 at the age of 11. I went to IU(Foster) to start out, my oldest is an IU grad with a MBA from Notre Dame, my next oldest is a western grad with and MBA from Notre Dame, and my youngest is an IU grad. I’ve also lived in the granger/Mishawaka/south bend area my whole life…so it’s actually very easy for me to have two 5rue passionate loves at the college level. The only thing that should matter is that i despise all things Purdue.

• Like 1

With Arkansas eliminated, have to believe Vandy is now the heavy favorite in Omaha. Terrific 1-2 punch with Rocker and Leiter and a sound offense that provides just enough support. Can't wait to see how Kumar handles that potent Arizona lineup. Should be a great game.

Texas, Tennessee, Vandy all haven't lost a game.  

UVA has won like 6 elimination games or something like that. 

5 of the 8 left are teams that were top 8 teams, meaning they played the first two weekends at home. NCST had the most improbable run I'd say.  

Vandy is right where they want to be with no one talking about them. 

Just now, Kendal22 said:

With Arkansas eliminated, have to believe Vandy is now the heavy favorite in Omaha. Terrific 1-2 punch with Rocker and Leiter and a sound offense that provides just enough support. Can't wait to see how Kumar handles that potent Arizona lineup. Should be a great game.

Lol we posted at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol we posted at the same time. 

I wouldn't count out Tennessee though, they might be the best all around team. Just so tough to beat Vandy with their starting pitching. Where Vandy could be susceptible is their number three starter spot. They never really found anyone consistent in that spot. However, their mid week guy is a 17 year old touching 97.

40 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

I wouldn't count out Tennessee though, they might be the best all around team. Just so tough to beat Vandy with their starting pitching. Where Vandy could be susceptible is their number three starter spot. They never really found anyone consistent in that spot. However, their mid week guy is a 17 year old touching 97.

Tennessee strength, outside of their ability to drive the ball, is their pitching depth. They have 5 guys that can all throw 100 pitches in a weekend, easy.