Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski to retire after next season

6 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Wow!  I'm not too surprised but am surprised they announced it this early.  Farewell tour I guess.

Then how long before the "Brad's out in Boston and he misses coaching so he's going to step down as president there and come back to college" rumors start....

Sounds like Scheyer is the leading candidate 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

FBeaugh on rivals says he believes Stevens is simply taking a break for a year and will take the Duke Job

If he does, I wish him nothing but failure while there.  Hate that program to begin with.  Kryzewski is second only to John Wooden in the interference that has been run for him by sports media.  Glad to see him go.

• Like 1

If Stevens was actually seriously considering the IU job in the middle of the NBA season this year, he’s absolutely taking the Duke job after ratface retires... No way they go with Scheyer if Stevens is available.

The nice thing is, I’m not even upset about this.  Mike Woodson is the guy.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

FBeaugh on rivals says he believes Stevens is simply taking a break for a year and will take the Duke Job

The rumors will be there no matter the truth, but I highly doubt any of this is true. Doesn't mean Stevens won't end up there. But I'm betting he won't. Talk about tough shoes to fill, and Coach K is going to be able to choose his replacement. That I know 100%. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3

First Williams, now K. 

I think the writing is on the wall for some of these older guys who don't want to adapt to all the changes coming forward in college athletics. Between the portal, NIL, and these alternatives for the highest ranked kids, I think these coaches are stepping down because they can't/don't want to change.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Boeheim doesn't announce his retirement soon.

• Like 3

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

The rumors will be there no matter the truth, but I highly doubt any of this is true. Doesn't mean Stevens won't end up there. But I'm betting he won't. Talk about tough shoes to fill.  

I don’t think he is going to Duke at all, In my opinion, Stevens is either waiting for another less-pressured NBA job to open up or I actually done with coaching 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I said this before...

If he took any other college job after passing on IU, to IU fans he'd go from "Brad f%&#ing Stevens" to " f%&#ing Brad Stevens." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Wow!  I'm not too surprised but am surprised they announced it this early.  Farewell tour I guess.

Then how long before the "Brad's out in Boston and he misses coaching so he's going to step down as president there and come back to college" rumors start....

I blame you for starting it. :coffee:

• Haha 1