2022 DL Caden Curry Commits to OSU

btownqb

Coyle on the Indiana Sports Beat interviewed Kyle Neddenriep on Curry again this week. You can find it on youtube.  Good interview.  Neddenriep talks to Curry.  Apparently, IU wants to play him at bull, and no other school offers that.  Neddenriep has always maintained that Curry legitimately likes IU and this isn't some token appreciation.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5

On 8/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, btownqb said:

Dear god.. Bloomington will be NUTTY. 

Truthfully though... I'm not big on "moral" victories, but we play 60 mins of tough football against the Buckeyes and I'll be a happy fan. There aren't many teams can stand toe to toe with them for 8 straight quarters and we will have done that. 

Have to find a way to get off to a better start than last year though. Good start, execute, give yourself a chance to win it at the end. 

Clean up the mistakes...the negative plays..the 3rd down drops. Honestly make the plays in front of us and we have enough talent to be right there. Still be very tough to win...but you want to be in striking distance that you can take advantage of their mistakes and make the most of it. Playing with a lead is infinitely important because of the confidence that can come with it. 

I have no idea how the season will play out.  OSU's talent level is always astounding.  Team speed everywhere, D line, etc.

But this is a veteran IU team all over the field.  Insane amount of experience from a very good team, and a team that played OSU well.  And we are home.

We get a timely turnover or two, a tipped ball, etc, and watch out.  

We have to deal with iowa and Cincy etc.  In college football, your season can unravel in a hurry.  But if we stay the course we will be dangerous for anyone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have no idea how the season will play out.  OSU's talent level is always astounding.  Team speed everywhere, D line, etc.

But this is a veteran IU team all over the field.  Insane amount of experience from a very good team, and a team that played OSU well.  And we are home.

We get a timely turnover or two, a tipped ball, etc, and watch out.  

We have to deal with iowa and Cincy etc.  In college football, your season can unravel in a hurry.  But if we stay the course we will be dangerous for anyone.

I just like we're putting together a serious case for Curry to come here. 

Excellent coach/scheme, players around him, better facilities, better assistants, and tons of his friends/proximity to home. 

He's legitimately going to have to turn us down. We provided a solid, solid option for him. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Excellent coach/scheme, players around him, better facilities, better assistants, and tons of his friends/proximity to home. 

He's legitimately going to have to turn us down. We provided a solid, solid option for him. 

You are spot on with this assessment. I went to the CG game last week and was told by someone who feels very confident that we are in a great spot in the recruitment. My opinion, a hot start to the season will go a long way and only help make it harder to turn this culture down...

Edited by B_A
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Among all his attributes, the man is an outstanding football mind, on both sides of the ball.

Our defense was hopeless when he got here.  Immediately he brought about an amazing turnaround.  And this kept happening everywhere he went.

I was also pleasantly surprised with how smart he is with the offense too.  He's not some defensive schlep who doesn't mind punting on offense.  He wants to stress the other defense.  Since he is so smart on D, he knows what offensive schemes are tough to defend.  Look at our offense and the type of players we recruit.  We can hit you on every inch of the field.  It's amazing that more defensive coaches cannot have the light bulb on like that.   

And as smart as he is, it's all with pure humility.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Among all his attributes, the man is an outstanding football mind, on both sides of the ball.

Our defense was hopeless when he got here.  Immediately he brought about an amazing turnaround.  And this kept happening everywhere he went.

I was also pleasantly surprised with how smart he is with the offense too.  He's not some defensive schlep who doesn't mind punting on offense.  He wants to stress the other defense.  Since he is so smart on D, he knows what offensive schemes are tough to defend.  Look at our offense and the type of players we recruit.  We can hit you on every inch of the field.  It's amazing that more defensive coaches cannot have the light bulb on like that.   

And as smart as he is, it's all with pure humility.  

I remember before Allen's first season as head coach, he mentioned that he wanted an offense that pushed the pace, and wasn't hard to predict because that was what gave his defenses the most trouble. Too many people lack that humility. 

He's also mentioned that he wants to run a fun system because it will make recruiting a lot easier. If you're a defensive recruit, how could you not have imagined playing on that IU defense last year?

I've read on other boards that we're recruiting Curry for the DE and Bull positions. The Bull seems like a perfect place to showcase your talent. We could move all over the line and find mismatches for him.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2021 at 8:59 AM, Leathernecks said:

I remember before Allen's first season as head coach, he mentioned that he wanted an offense that pushed the pace, and wasn't hard to predict because that was what gave his defenses the most trouble. Too many people lack that humility. 

He's also mentioned that he wants to run a fun system because it will make recruiting a lot easier. If you're a defensive recruit, how could you not have imagined playing on that IU defense last year?

I've read on other boards that we're recruiting Curry for the DE and Bull positions. The Bull seems like a perfect place to showcase your talent. We could move all over the line and find mismatches for him.

Heard the same. On the offensive side go watch what Urban myer says about IU. He thinks Tom Allen is a great coach. Urban analysis was a great segment. Watch all the IU ones.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...