2022 DL Caden Curry Commits to OSU

btownqb

Based on recent few weeks with how much momentum IU has and a visit this past weekend, I think it's truly between IU/OSU and Bama.  I think this past weekend sealed the deal.  Just my two cents.  IMO Curry would be icing on the cake to paving a way to where HCTA will have to start turning Indiana kids away in the near future.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

My mood swing coming back into realization haha. But maybe IU does have a chance, though OSU/Alabama are tough choices. Clemson too, though I do not know how far involved they are with Curry.

You need to change your realization to the new IUFB ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll take 9-3 and an Outback bowl every year 

…..at least. It’s sort of how we used to think about IU basketball back in the day. It was a given we were ALWAYS ranked/always made the tournament, just getting past the sweet 16 was almost expect. With that being said…..I want guys from our back yard,  like Curry on a regular basis. IU is in uncharted territory!!!!! Go IU!!!!!

Edited by Artesian_86

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

They dont over recruit, schools like OSU, stockpile. Thats where IU needs to get to.

It is unreal how they stockpile and they don’t think twice about “over-recruiting” . So far in the 2022 class OSU has the 4th, 6th and 17th ranked receivers in the country committed. The 5th, 9th, 16th, 35th CB’s in the country committed, the 2nd and 5th ranked LB’s etc.  And they do this every year.  Some kids are obviously drawn to being part of that while others might wonder about playing time and where they can make a difference.
OSU could be great for Curry or he could be perpetually on the edge of almost getting meaningful playing time. Who knows. He has great choices and it can’t be an easy decision for him.

I'm still trying to get used to this powerhouse football school thing.  When I went to CG in the early 90s I don't think we'd even won our homecoming game in like 20 years.  We were awful at basketball and football and good at everything else.  And then to have these great players from CG looking at coming to IU because of how well we are doing?  My brain feels like it's going to explode.  But in a good way  :)  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I'm still trying to get used to this powerhouse football school thing.  When I went to CG in the early 90s I don't think we'd even won our homecoming game in like 20 years.  We were awful at basketball and football and good at everything else.  And then to have these great players from CG looking at coming to IU because of how well we are doing?  My brain feels like it's going to explode.  But in a good way  :)  

Same thing with Memorial, when I went we were not good. That 2012-2015 stretch was not good for me at all, but now we have 5 state appearances over the last 12 seasons. And recently 3/4 last seasons 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Hmmm and you live in Columbus now? Do you have a connection to the Owls, as well?