2022 DL Caden Curry Commits to OSU

btownqb

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What does it take to get him to IU and not OSU???  Would be the biggest in state recruit since..... ever?? IDK

If we were to beat Cinci and OSU, you'd have to think it would be hard to not want to be a part of that kind of momentum.  We could easily chalk Iowa up to Penix being rusty coming off ACL reconstruction. 

Would 1-1 in those games do it?  What kind of overall record and progress would he need to see?  Hard to tell with kids, but love that we are legit contenders for him. Just need to keep winning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

If we were to beat Cinci and OSU, you'd have to think it would be hard to not want to be a part of that kind of momentum.  We could easily chalk Iowa up to Penix being rusty coming off ACL reconstruction. 

Would 1-1 in those games do it?  What kind of overall record and progress would he need to see?  Hard to tell with kids, but love that we are legit contenders for him. Just need to keep winning. 

It would help to start having kids playing on Sundays.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

More important is the vibe in the locker room. If his hosts are upset about the loss there’s not much fun to be had the rest of the visit. Hope for the best and a poor OSU performance against Tulsa

Good point. The next few hours, and rest of night, would have been a lot more fun with a W.

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

Good point. The next few hours, and rest of night, would have been a lot more fun with a W.

That said, if he’s a serious recruit and just sees guys brushing off a loss like this like it’s nothing, that’s not a good sign either. I’d hope and expect that everyone would be just a bit pissed off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The loss probably didn't help at all

No it did not. That we are even in the conversation with kids like this is a huge change. I don't see us landing them until we are a perennial top 15 team. They just have too many other options that give the next level exposure they are looking for. This and the Iowa game probably closed the door.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

No it did not. That we are even in the conversation with kids like this is a huge change. I don't see us landing them until we are a perennial top 15 team. They just have too many other options that give the next level exposure they are looking for. This and the Iowa game probably closed the door.

This team this year still has flaws and the recruits know that. They just need to see that things are close and trust that those things will change soon so that the team doesn’t have such glaring flaws.

• Like 1

One games results matter little to recruits. More pressing issues such as:

- how will coaches develop me and scheme

- what’s the culture of the team

I have full confidence in development and scheme from our defense with Allen/Warren. I cannot say the same confidence in our offense. with that being said, Curry has excellent suitors for his services. Hope we can land him!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, cthomas said:

Catch-22 then isnt it. You dont get to top 15 every year without these players. It's on the staff to get them here. We are one game Hoosier Fans, most of us, but recruits are not and look at the Big picture. What would have caught my eye was how the whole D folded when MM was tossed. Not one player stepped up. As a recruit that would change me more than a loss.

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Catch-22 then isnt it. You dont get to top 15 every year without these players. It's on the staff to get them here. We are one game Hoosier Fans, most of us, but recruits are not and look at the Big picture. What would have caught my eye was how the whole D folded when MM was tossed. Not one player stepped up. As a recruit that would change me more than a loss.

Folded? 

They gave up what.. 10 legitimate points?