2022 DL Caden Curry Commits to OSU

btownqb

If you truly think about EVERY factor at play here for Curry: 

-Academics- I guess

-NFL/can IU get me there 

-will IU have enough help around me so I'm not doubled constantly 

-Playing close to home/with friends... how much they matter to him?

-Bama, Clemson, OSU recruiting his position (not that it should deter him, but it has to be taken into account and not just for this recruiting class)

-Do I want to be possibly a program changing player at IU or do I want to play it maybe a little safer? 

.... all the while trying to repeat as state champ. 

Lots for him to think about. Take your time young man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

If you truly think about EVERY factor at play here for Curry: 

-Academics- I guess

-NFL/can IU get me there 

-will IU have enough help around me so I'm not doubled constantly 

-Playing close to home/with friends... how much they matter to him?

-Bama, Clemson, OSU recruiting his position (not that it should deter him, but it has to be taken into account and not just for this recruiting class)

-Do I want to be possibly a program changing player at IU or do I want to play it maybe a little safer? 

.... all the while trying to repeat as state champ. 

Lots for him to think about. Take your time young man. 

Agree with this. But as for the talent around him if George Karlaftis can be a projected first round pick at Purdue than Curry could be at IU imo.

• Like 2

• btownqb changed the title to 2022 DL Caden Curry
8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Curry had a baseball teammate commit to IU in the 2023 class. 6'7 pitcher Ben Murphy. 

6’7 pitcher. Committed to IU. Can baseball season be here? 

Also during Curry ‘s visit, he did have 2 teammates that were committed to IU on PWO offers, that could be some foundation 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Interesting thought it would be between Alabama and OSU right now for the top 2, with IU in a distant third

Alabama, Clemson, and Oregon are out at this point from what I’ve been told. He wants to stay close to home, loves IU and what Tom Allen is building and he has a ton of friends at IU as well.. OSU is recruiting very hard though.. supposedly he has had a couple zoom meetings with OSU and they had all their top former D lineman in the zoom meetings giving their pitch to him.. Bosa brothers, Chase Young, etc.. 

Dasan McCullough is recruiting him hard though and they talk every day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

What do you think the percentage is for between IU and OSU. I believe OSU has good lead, but slowly fading 

I think he is leaning OSU right now.. simply because of how dominant of a program they are the exposure he’d get if he does well there.. but IU is right there.. I think it’s 60/40 OSU right now.. but I think a lot of it is going to depend on how this season goes. If we can repeat what we did last year.. I think IU will be the leader. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I think he is leaning OSU right now.. simply because of how dominant of a program they are the exposure he’d get if he does well there.. but IU is right there.. I think it’s 60/40 OSU right now.. but I think a lot of it is going to depend on how this season goes. If we can repeat what we did last year.. I think IU will be the leader. 

That’s were I would put it, 60/40, hopefully he comes to the UC or OSU game 

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I’m documenting the moment that btownqb began morphing into GovernmentCheese. 

Dear god.. Bloomington will be NUTTY. 

Truthfully though... I'm not big on "moral" victories, but we play 60 mins of tough football against the Buckeyes and I'll be a happy fan. There aren't many teams can stand toe to toe with them for 8 straight quarters and we will have done that. 

Have to find a way to get off to a better start than last year though. Good start, execute, give yourself a chance to win it at the end.