2022 DL Caden Curry Commits to OSU

btownqb

Love the player, ever since I saw him destroy a triple team on a clip.  Hoping for the best but being realistic based on the sentiment we have heard.  Football recruiting is different than basketball, though.  He is just one guy.  We can be fine either way.  We just need to elevate our recruiting across the board.  We have had momentum and we need to keep it going.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Love the player, ever since I saw him destroy a triple team on a clip.  Hoping for the best but being realistic based on the sentiment we have heard.  Football recruiting is different than basketball, though.  He is just one guy.  We can be fine either way.  We just need to elevate our recruiting across the board.  We have had momentum and we need to keep it going.

If you want to beat the OSU'S sooner or later you have to beat them for a recruit. One 45 mins from your stadium would be a start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Until we can get these top in state kids we will never be able to compete for the big ten.  Once the top players from the state comes to IU the better chance to bring higher ranked out of state kids.

There’s more #6-15 Indiana HS kids who’ve actually made an impact in college than 1-5 in the last ten years. There have been a lot of busts in that top tier. I think it would be nice to land them, give me solid athletes  from Florida, Texas, Ohio and Michigan any day. Also, to btown’s point, we do very well in state in the first place. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

There’s more #6-15 Indiana HS kids who’ve actually made an impact in college than 1-5 in the last ten years. There have been a lot of busts in that top tier. I think it would be nice to land them, give me solid athletes  from Florida, Texas, Ohio and Michigan any day. Also, to btown’s point, we do very well in state in the first place. 

The biggest thing about the state? It's getting better and better football talent wise. 

We're never going to be Ohio, Ohio also benefits from having multiple major cities, where as Indiana, just has one. 

Carmel, Warren, BD, and CG are as good as anyone in the country. Yes, I know the last 3-4 years WC and BD have been down, but cmon that's not going to continue. 

But, schools like Westfield, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Avon, New Pal have all started to see an uptick in the amount of kids going D1. 

• Like 2