2022 DL Caden Curry Commits to OSU

btownqb

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well... hes a moron. 

I don’t know who the guy is but it’s a reminder that a lot of guys can spend a ton of time watching sports and have no bleeping idea what they are looking at beyond the surface.  It’s especially bad in football because the fan might not have a clue what the player’s assignment is.  It’s why I have had a problem with the data pro football focus puts out.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t know who the guy is but it’s a reminder that a lot of guys can spend a ton of time watching sports and have no bleeping idea what they are looking at beyond the surface.  It’s especially bad in football because the fan might not have a clue what the player’s assignment is.  It’s why I have had a problem with the data pro football focus puts out.  

I despise PFF

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

There's a guy on Purdue rivals that's an ND fan, and he's claiming Curry isn't as good as his ranking and he's a plan B for OSU, Clemson and Bama.

He clearly is priority 1 for IU, hopefully that makes a difference. 

He may be right and that's ok. Being a plan B player for Alabama means you are a great prospect but not quite elite and you'll have to wait until the elite prospect turns them down. I'll take that any day.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks like OSU is recruiting over him for 2 5 stars 

I’m not holding my breath, in regards to landing him, but OSU has offered 8 (eight!) DL rated higher than Curry and 7 of them are still undecided. As you mention they think they have a good shot at 2 of the 5 stars.  Who knows…..Curry might not want to be the 3rd or 4th rated DL in their class (not to mention who they would recruit the following year). If his dream is to win a natty we won’t land him but maybe staying close to home will grow on him (ie Strickland said he was sure he wanted to go out of state but then had a change of heart). Not counting on it but maybe we will draw to an inside straight. Taking the time to visit this weekend shows we have a chance.
One of our next steps is upgrading both the DL and OL. Man I would like to see us have a couple of defensive lineman that can consistently apply pressure.

• Like 1

From Rivals writer, Matthew Byrne 

"Indiana definitely shows that hard work will put you on the field and coaches are always pushing their players," Curry said. "Indiana has always talked to me since the day they offered me." 

Curry has said he can see himself fitting in nicely with the Hoosiers.

"Indiana is definitely upping their play style and pushing to play against the top teams in the Big Ten," he said.

And what is he looking for in a school and what does he think of Indiana head coach Tom Allen?

"I look for coaches that will push me and make me better throughout practice and off the field," Curry said. "He (Allen) definitely takes his coaching to another level with coaching his players with respect, and they are definitely up there."

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

From Rivals writer, Matthew Byrne 

"Indiana definitely shows that hard work will put you on the field and coaches are always pushing their players," Curry said. "Indiana has always talked to me since the day they offered me." 

Curry has said he can see himself fitting in nicely with the Hoosiers.

"Indiana is definitely upping their play style and pushing to play against the top teams in the Big Ten," he said.

And what is he looking for in a school and what does he think of Indiana head coach Tom Allen?

"I look for coaches that will push me and make me better throughout practice and off the field," Curry said. "He (Allen) definitely takes his coaching to another level with coaching his players with respect, and they are definitely up there."

I am not pretending to know anything on his recruitment.  The whispers we have always heard was "longshot."  

But, I will add that I saw an interview with Kyle Neddenriep a month or so ago.  Kyle said he had talked to Caden about IU to see if he was just humoring the in-state folks.  I forgot Kyle's exact words but he said that Caden was sincere in considering IU and thinks there is a lot there to like.  This was with Jim Coyle on youtube, so if you're interested I bet you can find it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy06 said:

There's a guy on Purdue rivals that's an ND fan, and he's claiming Curry isn't as good as his ranking and he's a plan B for OSU, Clemson and Bama.

He clearly is priority 1 for IU, hopefully that makes a difference. 

When someone post on a Turdue message board their delusion increases substantially, no matter if they are a Toiletmaker fan or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Completely content with this recruitment of Curry. 

We literally gave him his own special weekend. Copper, Holt, Evans, and Dasan there with him. 

If Caden wants to go to Bama or whatever after that. I completely understand and don't fault him. 

I appreciate him giving us a true look and staying patient. 

• Thanks 1

Just from reading the tea leaves from here and other places, it looks like Curry really likes IU and would love to go here, but he is balancing that with the allure of being a defensive linemen for one of the best schools in the country for defensive linemen.

I really hope we can start getting some high draft picks. I think that would go a long ways towards making decisions like this better for us. Much tougher to envision that at IU since it's been almost 30 years since we've had a 1st round pick.

• Like 1