IU headed to the Bahamas in August

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This will be awesome... Here’s hoping we don’t just get box scores and actually get to watch.  Should be good for team chemistry with all the newcomers.

Hope we have these type of trips every summer...how great of a selling point to potential recruits is we will be playing in the Bahamas, Maui, Europe...

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

In that case, they picked the perfect year to do it.

I agree. I googled this BC Mega team to see what was out there about them. When you google BC Mega it takes you to KK Mega, it seems like they are the same. They are a professional team and they are playing in the semifinals of the Serbian League tomorrow. They have about three guys named Nikola and Scoochie Smith who played for Archie at Dayton. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree. I googled this BC Mega team to see what was out there about them. When you google BC Mega it takes you to KK Mega, it seems like they are the same. They are a professional team and they are playing in the semifinals of the Serbian League tomorrow. They have about three guys named Nikola and Scoochie Smith who played for Archie at Dayton. 

From what I could find their starting line up is 6’11”, 6’11”, 6’10”, 6’6” and the PG is 6’8”? Wondering how well a 6’8” point is going to be able to stay in front of our guards?

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think ESPN showed UK games when they went to Bahamas but I doubt they will show our games

Considering some of the schlock listings I've seen on the plethora of  ESPN channels, I think they'd be wise to consider it with all of the IU storylines this off season...

I mean, I'm sure people could miss a Cornhole match or two without much angst, couldn't they?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Considering some of the schlock listings I've seen on the plethora of  ESPN channels, I think they'd be wise to consider it with all of the IU storylines this off season...

I mean, I'm sure people could miss a Cornhole match or two without much angst, couldn't they?

For that matter I think BTN would be better off with this than Campus Eats showing off the best burger joint in Champaign. 

• Like 2

Only downside to Bahamas in August is right in the middle of Hurricane season. Otherwise this move has smart written all over it. 10 practices and games with a new coach/system? Really, really good stuff....plus with what the kids had to deal with this last year? They deserve trips like this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Only downside to Bahamas in August is right in the middle of Hurricane season. Otherwise this move has smart written all over it. 10 practices and games with a new coach/system? Really, really good stuff....plus with what the kids had to deal with this last year? They deserve trips like this.

Agreed they deserve it. Thing is for college kids it would always have to be during hurricane season. I mean it last all summer into late fall...but I wouldn’t let that be a deterrent.  Chances are small that anything will happen. Bahamas get hit once every 4 years and few category 4 or above in the past two hundred years...like handful. I wouldn’t let it hold them back from what should be an incredible experience.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed they deserve it. Thing is for college kids it would always have to be during hurricane season. I mean it last all summer into late fall...but I wouldn’t let that be a deterrent.  Chances are small that anything will happen. Bahamas get hit once every 4 years and few category 4 or above in the past two hundred years...like handful. I wouldn’t let it hold them back from what should be an incredible experience.

We've always travelled down there during hurricane season. Phenomenal deals! 

• Like 1