‘21 Offseason

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Posted this in the thread dedicated to the hire, but 100%, massively endorse this hire. Armond was an assistant with the Celtics when I worked there, and he is just a great guy to go along with being a very knowledgable coach. This is huge IMO! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

LEO.

Kid just seems to ooze good vibes and lights up the room like a young Victor Oladipo....hope he lights up the floor like him too. I just feel like this kid is a culture builder as much as a championship builder (but I look for that too). Love his energy!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BGleas said:

Posted this in the thread dedicated to the hire, but 100%, massively endorse this hire. Armond was an assistant with the Celtics when I worked there, and he is just a great guy to go along with being a very knowledgable coach. This is huge IMO! 

Do you know if he’s a really good teacher in terms of skill development?  Is that the type of thing he would be expected to do in his new role?

Edited by BobSaccamanno

12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I thought we had a schedule thread, but I couldn’t find it. It looks like we are playing Northern KY on 12/22. 

Only heard a couple games announced but not who and when. I really would love to get one of those team posters if anyone knows how an out of town guy can get his hands on one that would be great. I am really excited to support this team. They seem like they are going to bring life back into AH and make game nights must watch tv again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Only heard a couple games announced but not who and when. I really would love to get one of those team posters if anyone knows how an out of town guy can get his hands on one that would be great. I am really excited to support this team. They seem like they are going to bring life back into AH and make game nights must watch tv again.

You can usually request up to five posters be mailed to you by IU.  All you have to pay is postage.  I posted a link here last year for it.  I'll try to remember to do that again when it is available later this year.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

You can usually request up to five posters be mailed to you by IU.  All you have to pay is postage.  I posted a link here last year for it.  I'll try to remember to do that again when it is available later this year.  

Awesome! I would appreciate it! I think I tried to follow the link to the harding poorman website but had issues ordering it there. Probably a covid thing...I'll look for them this year!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

omg!!! @IU Scott  is going to have a field day with this one!!! Basketball team working out on a FOOTBALL FIELD!!! 😱

Why would this upset me because this part of the process.  I want to see more than just this but this kind of thing doesn't bother.  It seems like some of you guys are set to mock me anytime you can even though I have not even posted much the last month or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

omg!!! @IU Scott  is going to have a field day with this one!!! Basketball team working out on a FOOTBALL FIELD!!! 😱

I don’t mean this as snarky at all, but I wonder what Phinisee would have been like as a defensive back?  

And on a tangent, so few young kids focus on baseball, especially African Americans.  The numbers speak for themselves.  We don’t have Aaron, Mays, McCovey, and Banks emerging on the diamond.  They’d probably be playing football in the SEC if they came up now.