Hoosiertildeath. HTD

I'm not 100% sure but I think we lost HTD. I worked over by seymour for years and am familiar with Tribtown newspaper.  Here is the obit. I remember HTD mentioned losing a brother a few years ago. Melvin I think.

Pretty sure Dennis was HTD,😔

http://www.tribtown.com/2021/03/24/dennis_eugene_clark/

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think we lost HTD. I worked over by seymour for years and am familiar with Tribtown newspaper.  Here is the obit. I remember HTD mentioned losing a brother a few years ago. Melvin I think.

Pretty sure Dennis was HTD,😔

http://www.tribtown.com/2021/03/24/dennis_eugene_clark/

I do believe your are correct unfortunately.  Mile shard his last name with me a few years ago and I believe it was Clark. Looking back CC had.posted that HTD was on the board March 18th but did not post. Makes sense that someone logged him off that day. Another loss for HSN, before he could see another dominant IU team. He did see his Dodgers win the Series. I am sure he truly was HTD!!

• Like 3

Yes, this is HTD. I communicated with him several years ago. Good man.

Going to miss everything about him. His "sheets" that he prepared and completed for the games he watched. His undying love for the Hoosiers. And most of all, his distaste for everything "Smellermaker"

Rest easy Dennis. You were one of a kind and now make heaven a happier place.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yes, this is HTD. I communicated with him several years ago. Good man.

Going to miss everything about him. His "sheets" that he prepared and completed for the games he watched. His undying love for the Hoosiers. And most of all, his distaste for everything "Smellermaker"

Rest easy Dennis. You were one of a kind and now make heaven a happier place.

Man, I really loved his passion, enthusiasm, and hatred of the “Smellermakers.” Rest in peace, Dennis. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

RIP

If you run in to CC and Mile in the heavenly equivalent to Nick’s, tell them we said hello.

@Zlinedaviddid your wife finally let you out of the timeout corner and give you access to the tablet again? We don’t here from you for months and suddenly DB Cooper is at the front of almost all the threads!

Love you brother! Keep on posting!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

@Zlinedaviddid your wife finally let you out of the timeout corner and give you access to the tablet again? We don’t here from you for months and suddenly DB Cooper is at the front of almost all the threads!

Love you brother! Keep on posting!

Good type of busy. Got a promotion at work, plus moved into a new house in December. January-March was filled with unpacking crap, replacing lights, installing fans, installing shelves and other organizational stuff, assembling furniture, reinstalling all my network and home automation, etc etc.  And just when all of that is settled, it’s time for the outside stuff. Sanding and staining a previously unfinished deck, installing about 150’ of French drains, installing an exterior lighting system, leveling, tilling and seeding a yard (that the builder decided to seed and straw in November 🙄), landscaping, building a low wall around a planting bed and supervising a concrete contractor doing a driveway and patio extension. 

Oh, almost forgot about the 3 days I spent on designing a shock absorption system for a 2nd floor laundry room. Tip: if you’re ever building or renovating a house with a 2nd floor laundry and plan on having a front load washer, reinforce the floors like they’ll be supporting a division of Abrams tanks. Front load washers generate enough force to cause vibrations that will shake hanging light fixtures on the floor below. 

Since ripping up a brand new floor wasn’t an option, I built my own custom vibration damping system: a platform that extended out 2” on any side of the footprint the washer and dryer take up. From the bottom up: 1/8” rubber gasket material against the existing flooring, followed by 3/4” sub flooring, followed by 3/16 high density fiberboard, followed by vinyl flooring to match. The width of the platform spreads the force over a larger area, with the rubber absorbing some of the vibrations before they pass through the floor. The HDF prevents the feet of the washer from sinking in to the subfloor over time. 

Next up will be more drainage to connect the end of my drains with the local storm sewer, 

Funny you mention tablets. Strange quirk about me (one of many). I refuse to own a tablet. Why? Because it can’t completely replace either my laptop or my phone, so it’s just another device to lug around. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...