Another addition to staff

6 hours ago, Inequality said:

Before y’all go “all in” with your chips, you might want to see the team win some real games and not lose at home to in-state rivals.

Thad Matta is still the key ingredient in my opinion.

My disappoint lasted about 60 minutes, or however long it took for the Matta’s announcement to drop.

Of course wins ultimately matter, but from my perspective so far all the right moves seem to have been made. In fact, some of the hires have went above and beyond what my expectations could’ve imagined. Instead of investing money in a big name head coach; we’re investing in personnel to build a strong foundation to the program. 

The writing is and has been on the wall in CBB....pro style, pro development, pro this, pro that, and now pro marketing and self promotion. In addition to personnel, the program is also making an investment in being the leader in the NIL change. We have the Cuban center, a strong social media team to guide our athletes (programs no longer can say ‘don’t tweet’ to avoid trouble...it’s now engrained in the college athletics), and we are now offering classes to athletes that center specifically around financial management and understanding endorsement contracts. 

Whether we like or don’t like how college athletics are evolving, it’s better that we embrace the change and become leaders in this area, instead of the followers who initially resist change. This goes beyond Woodson, although everyday it becomes more apparent he’s the right guy to lead this ‘rebirth’.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Inequality said:

Before y’all go “all in” with your chips, you might want to see the team win some real games and not lose at home to in-state rivals.

I think the point is, the moves they have been making are the best the program has done in a long time. BIG STRIDES. Matta hire was huge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

IU out here playing Chess while other programs are searching for Checkers pieces that have rolled off the table and under the couch.

It's about time they join the other big boys, they have been lacking for years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

IU out here playing Chess while other programs are searching for Checkers pieces that have rolled off the table and under the couch.

Maybe that has been IU's problem....they've been preparing for a chess tournament instead of a basketball?? 😝

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Inequality said:

Besides winning I wanna see some passion and excitement just like we see with IU football. I feel during CAM’s tenure everything was so boring and robotic. 

• Like 4

On 6/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, bluegrassIU said:

He is not credible. He is in-credible!

(See what I did there? I took the word "credible", that @BobSaccamanno correctly used,  added two letters and changed the meaning to illustrate how awesome and handsome @BGleas  is.  Just explaining my geniusosity to the common folk that may have missed it).

Making us guys from KY look bad!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

Big pick up here when you remember the NCAA waived who can give on court instruction for this season. Going to run out of sits on the bench if they keep making up jobs. lol.

Look...people have been complaining about empty seats at AH for years...Woody is just doing what he promised to do....fill the place up again and bring some passion lol! Nothing will do that more than a bunch of assistant managers yelling at the players lol.

• Thanks 1