Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

53 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How are you doing the draft? Live draft or Auto.. and I assume a snake draft not an auction draft? 

KDB is commish, but from my perspective, we should have a live draft.  The draft is 90% of the challenge. And, I was assuming snake as well.  None of the fancy stuff.  It gets too serious that way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

KDB is commish, but from my perspective, we should have a live draft.  The draft is 90% of the challenge. And, I was assuming snake as well.  None of the fancy stuff.  It gets too serious that way.

Agreed...and time consuming. Sounds good...hope to land a good draft position lol! But if it's anything like most my other leagues I will make the playoffs only to have my best player(s) go down with injury lol.

Edited by dgambill

On 6/14/2021 at 8:25 PM, 5fouls said:

This post is to catch the attention of some posters who showed interest, or just participated frequently in the general fantasy football thread we had going last year.  Just in case you might be interested but don't visit the football board often in the offseason.

And, for those of you not listed, you are welcome to join as well.  Looks like we'll likely need to leagues regardless, so optimum would be 20-24, with 13 filled already.

@Leathernecks

@B_A

@Seeking6

@Stlboiler23

@IU Scott 

@tdhoosier

@KoB2011

Count me in.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 2:26 PM, 5fouls said:

Agree with this.

• Like 1

• 5fouls changed the title to Spaces Available for Fantasy Football - HSN Style
  • 5fouls changed the title to 5 Spaces Available for Fantasy Football - HSN Style
  • 5fouls changed the title to 4 Spaces Available for Fantasy Football - HSN Style

So, a couple of random thoughts on this subject, as well as a proposal to spice things up if we decide to do this again next year.

• As you may have noticed, I solicited on the basketball board to try and fill our 4 remaining slots.
  • The hope is our 2 leagues will be 12 & 12, but we will go with 12 & 10, or 10 & 10, if necessary.
  • Once we close registration, I will do coin flips to determine who is in what league.
  • Since we have 2 leagues, we will need a second commissioner.  KDB volunteered to be commish when we were sitting on just on league, but with 2 leagues, we need a second leader to step up.  While you may be able to tell I am hyped about this, I've never really played much before, so I'm looking for someone with more fantasy experience to be the 2nd commish.
  • Whoever volunteers to be the 2nd commish will work with KDB to set the final format and scoring.
  • We'll come up with some way to recognize an 'overall' winner between the winners of the two leagues.  With that said, I'm interested in your thoughts on this idea should we choose to do this again next season and beyond.

Idea for future seasons: 

• This year, the two leagues are considered equals.
  • Next year, the top 6 teams from each league this year will be consolidated to form the 'HSN Premiere League'.
  • Meanwhile, the bottom 6 teams from each league this year will be consolidated to form the 'HSN Qualifying League'.
  • Each subsequent year, the top teams from the Qualifying League will be promoted to the Premiere League while the bottom teams in the Premiere League would fall to the Qualifying League.  The winner of the Premiere League each year would then be the true HSN fantasy football champion. The exact system to decide who promotes and who falls can be hashed out later if you like the concept. 
  • If someone decided not to play next year, we would open up the spot or spots for new members.  All new members would automatically be placed in the Qualifying League.  If we don't get an equal number of new joiners to fully replace those that leave, the size of the two leagues would be adjusted accordingly.  

Thoughts on that idea?

Also, don't forget to volunteer as the second commish if that interests you.

@KDB @5fouls @Steubenhoosier @rico @PAHoosier @btownqb @Billingsley99 @Hoosier51 @Parakeet Jones @ledies22 @bluegrassIU @Indykev @dgambill @KoB2011 @tdhoosier @Seeking6 @Leathernecks @B_A @BeerBQ @mrflynn03

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'd volunteer to commish the 2nd league if no one wants it. I have some time during the day now.

Thank you.  I'll will slot you in.  Hopefully we can fill those final open spots soon so we can start getting things put together.  

• Like 1

• 5fouls changed the title to 2 Spaces Available for Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Ok.  We have two spots available to get to 24 teams.  We could roll with a setup with one league having 12 and the other having 10, but I prefer 12 & 12.  With that in mind, I am willing to play a second team, if necessary, with one in each league.  For those that are playing, is there anyone else willing to play a second team so that we can keep the leagues balanced?

My plan is to put a deadline out there for signing up for the last two spots. If we don't get any takers, then that's when we will implement the two team strategy to fill out the remaining slots.  But, I wanted to make sure I had someone else willing to play a second team before I published any deadline. 

Just respond in this thread if you would be willing to play the second team, if necessary.  You will only be obligated to do so if no one else signs up for the last two spots.  If we get one more signup, then I will play the 2nd team.  If we get 2 more signups, then no one will need to do a second team.

Once we know we have 24, then I will divide up the leagues and KDB and Kev can finalize the structure.

• Like 1

• 5fouls changed the title to Deadline to Join 6/30: 2 Spaces Available for Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Added a deadline to thread title so that we can finalize league size and structure.

Also, still looking for an existing player to field a second team should we fall short of 24 participants.  24 gives us two leagues of 12 each, which is ideal.  If we stay at 2 short, I'll cover one spot.  Just need someone to cover the other.  If we fill the last two spots, we won't need to do that.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Added a deadline to thread title so that we can finalize league size and structure.

Also, still looking for an existing player to field a second team should we fall short of 24 participants.  24 gives us two leagues of 12 each, which is ideal.  If we stay at 2 short, I'll cover one spot.  Just need someone to cover the other.  If we fill the last two spots, we won't need to do that.

I will do a 2nd team if needed. Come on ladies and Gents. sign up 2 spots left. It would kill these guys if I won both our leagues. only takes 10 mins a week, after the draft.

Edited by Indykev
  • Haha 2