Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

We have plenty of time to figure out point values but my only wishes are PPR (prefer 1 point) and QB's passing TD's are only 4 points not 6. We have bonuses in one of my leagues for 100+ yards receiving/rushing or over 300 for QB throwing. 

I'll go with whatever the masses want just throwing this out there.

• Like 3

I'm all for not getting fancy. I like my fantasy football like Purdue nerds like their whoopy: missionary and through the pee hole of their onesie pajamas. I like standard, 1/2 point or full point ppr.....anything beyond that makes me dizzy and feeling overstimulated. 😕

Example of 'fancy' rules: points for return yardage, defensive position player points, 2 starting QBs (especially in a 12 man league), 3 flex positions, etc. 

There may be some newbies playing, and we need to remember that most free online ranking services don't take into consideration leagues that are set-up with previously listed fancy rules. This would put newbies a great disadvantage.

JMHO...I'm playing regardless. Thanks again @5fouls for putting it together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We have plenty of time to figure out point values but my only wishes are PPR (prefer 1 point) and QB's passing TD's are only 4 points not 6. We have bonuses in one of my leagues for 100+ yards receiving/rushing or over 300 for QB throwing. 

I'll go with whatever the masses want just throwing this out there.

Agree with you on the QB TD point value.  4 definitely works better than 6.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

FYI.  The league names were just something I used to split the teams.  Feel free to make suggestions to use something more interesting.  

Champions league which i should be in 😀 and Wannabe league is anybody that has respect for Turdue should be in.

😀 :cheers:

• Like 1

We went with 6 points for a TD pass because Fouls 6th wife told us too. We also went with bonus points at 300 passing, 100 rushing and 100 receiving. We went back and forth on a couple of setting options on trades and free agents and I caved on one and stood my ground on the other. both really no big deal in the end. Everyone send your email to your commish listed above so we can send you an invite. send in DM.

23 hours ago, Indykev said:

Draft Date set for Aug. 14th at 7pm for my league and 830pm est. for KDB'S LEAGUE. Thoughts.

1 min. per pick it should fly by.

21 hours ago, Indykev said:

We went with 6 points for a TD pass because Fouls 6th wife told us too. We also went with bonus points at 300 passing, 100 rushing and 100 receiving. We went back and forth on a couple of setting options on trades and free agents and I caved on one and stood my ground on the other. both really no big deal in the end. Everyone send your email to your commish listed above so we can send you an invite. send in DM.

Just bringing these two posts to the attention of all those that are playing, just in case you are not regularly checking the thread.  Also, in the subject of your email.  The commissioner of your particular league needs it, but after joining, if you so choose, you can hide it from everyone else by going to 'My Team' and 'Edit team Info'.

1) @KDB(commissioner)

12) @Indykev (commissioner)

2) @5fouls

3) @Steubenhoosier

4) @rico

5) @PAHoosier

6) @btownqb

7) @Billingsley99

8 ) @Hoosier51

9) @Parakeet Jones

10) @ledies22

11) @bluegrassIU

13) @dgambill

14) @KoB2011

15) @tdhoosier

16) @Seeking6

17) @Leathernecks

18) @B_A

19) @BeerBQ

20) @mrflynn03

21) @NotIThatLives

22) @Sagamore

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It appears Yahoo is building the schedule as we sign up.  Kev & I are slated to go head to head in Week 1.  Your opponent is TBD.  I guess you will get the next person that signs up.

Well it won't be Scott! 😉

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It appears Yahoo is building the schedule as we sign up.  Kev & I are slated to go head to head in Week 1.  Your opponent is TBD.  I guess you will get the next person that signs up.

I'm going to have wife number 3 call you on draft day to get in your head and distract you.

Big News, to keep more players involved to the end, KDB had a good idea to go with 6 playoff teams with 3 weeks of playoffs including week 17!!! You better have a great bench heading into the playoffs with some top players always sitting the final week. Promotes trades and work in the free agent pool to position your teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Looks to me like I joined. Interesting on week 17 title. Don't mind it a bit. Good for teams with depth or as it happens every year....some random backup backup rb turns into a star as the season finishes. Thanks again for setting up!

For fantasy where there is no money involved, I will get more satisfaction out of a regular season title than whatever happens in the playoffs.  

• Like 1