Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

57 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I give Yahoo draft summaries a C-.  Haha

They called this a reach pick for me last year when Lockett ultimately scored 284 and was the 11th best WR in FF. The same guy who has finished in the top 15 the last 3 years. It’s crazy that every year this guys ADP is like 10-20 spots too low. I’ll take Lockett all day in the 4th. All DAY! 😎

EA1A5F70-133E-427A-A4E4-DBED25D484F1.jpeg

I was told my receiving core was weak. Yep....Adams, Allen, Kelce and their collective 450 targets last year is weak Yahoo. Good luck to everyone! Never like drafting early but glad we did. Gives me a chance to get a feel for where guys are going. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, KDB said:

Yeah, I love Mike Davis this year. I was hoping Gaskin or Davis fell to me before I took either, and I ended up getting both. 

Gaskin didnt start the pre season game. He played with the 2nd unit. And was out touched. You picked the right guy. David Johnson isnt the man in Houston either even though he was ranked higher than the other 2 guys.

Since our draft is over maybe we can talk more freely on all of our other leagues. In my main league (hybrid of season long and Fanduel) I'm drafting 5th. Full Point PPR. Really struggling on my choice. Assuming CMC, Cook, Henry go 1,2, 3....most drafts are starting at 4 this year. Zeke, Kamara, Barkley are filling the projections. 

I guess I'm asking is anyone else nervous about Kamara? Or just take him at 5 and don't look back because of the volume he's going to get? 

I honestly prefer drafting 1-2 or anything after 9 this year. Seems like 5-8 or so really causes some headaches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Since our draft is over maybe we can talk more freely on all of our other leagues. In my main league (hybrid of season long and Fanduel) I'm drafting 5th. Full Point PPR. Really struggling on my choice. Assuming CMC, Cook, Henry go 1,2, 3....most drafts are starting at 4 this year. Zeke, Kamara, Barkley are filling the projections. 

I guess I'm asking is anyone else nervous about Kamara? Or just take him at 5 and don't look back because of the volume he's going to get? 

I honestly prefer drafting 1-2 or anything after 9 this year. Seems like 5-8 or so really causes some headaches.

You will have Zeke at 5. Kamara will be gone at 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My other league is a dynasty, superflex league, and I love my team until I get to RBs.

Wilson and Murray at QB.

Higgins, Moore, AJ Brown, Golladay, Chase at WR.

Kittle, Pitts, and Fant at TE.

Leonard, Roquan Smith, Donald, and Derwin James at IDP

Barkley, Gordon, and no other starting RBs on my roster.

Thankfully I have 3 first round picks next year to take some running backs!

To answer your question about Kamara, if he's at 5 I'd take him and not look back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I take Kamara if he’s there and if not I like Adams as well. No way he should be going outside of first round this year. He’s best available in my mind if Kamara and the other 3 you mentioned go 1,2,3,4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

My other league is a dynasty, superflex league, and I love my team until I get to RBs.

Wilson and Murray at QB.

Higgins, Moore, AJ Brown, Golladay, Chase at WR.

Kittle, Pitts, and Fant at TE.

Leonard, Roquan Smith, Donald, and Derwin James at IDP

Barkley, Gordon, and no other starting RBs on my roster.

Thankfully I have 3 first round picks next year to take some running backs!

To answer your question about Kamara, if he's at 5 I'd take him and not look back.

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

I take Kamara if he’s there and if not I like Adams as well. No way he should be going outside of first round this year. He’s best available in my mind if Kamara and the other 3 you mentioned go 1,2,3,4.

Thanks guys. I'm getting more comfortable with Kamara and not looking back...but I'm getting more comfortable taking Adams at 5. I was ecstatic Adams was available at 11 last night in our draft.

39 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Gaskin didnt start the pre season game. He played with the 2nd unit. And was out touched. You picked the right guy. David Johnson isnt the man in Houston either even though he was ranked higher than the other 2 guys.

I’m assuming that’s just because it’s preseason. They have him as the starter on the depth chart and he played really well last year. Brown and Ahmed will get some touches for sure but i’ll be real surprised if he’s not the main guy. That is a little concerning though that he didn’t start.

Houston is a toss up, I saw you picked Lindsay, I think he could definitely end up having a good year if he takes over that backfield.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks guys. I'm getting more comfortable with Kamara and not looking back...but I'm getting more comfortable taking Adams at 5. I was ecstatic Adams was available at 11 last night in our draft.

I love Adams. Feels like I have him in 90% of my leagues every year. I’ve drafted in 3 leagues so far this year and have Adams in 2 of the 3. I’m a Chiefs fan and the fact that Tyreek is ranked higher/going before him in quite a bit of drafts is just wrong.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would take Kamara at 3 in a full PPR, so I definitely would take him at 5.  Assuming he is gone when you pick, I would give strong consideration to Taylor.  I think he's been dropped too far because of the Colts injuries.  Zeke may be a safer pick, but I think Taylor could very well justify the pick when it is all said and done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would take Kamara at 3 in a full PPR, so I definitely would take him at 5.  Assuming he is gone when you pick, I would give strong consideration to Taylor.  I think he's been dropped too far because of the Colts injuries.  Zeke may be a safer pick, but I think Taylor could very well justify the pick when it is all said and done.

Love Taylor too....and I've considered it as well. Can't remember who it was last night but someone went Hill/Taylor and that's about as gold as it gets....but I love Kelce so much I took him after Adams.

Only thing on Taylor is will Mack eat into his action just a little? Obviously NH too. I've never owned Adams before and I'm trying to get him in all my leagues this year.

30 minutes ago, KDB said:

I love Adams. Feels like I have him in 90% of my leagues every year. I’ve drafted in 3 leagues so far this year and have Adams in 2 of the 3. I’m a Chiefs fan and the fact that Tyreek is ranked higher/going before him in quite a bit of drafts is just wrong.

What are you hearing on Mecole this year? I think he's a steal say after 9th/10th round?? 

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What are you hearing on Mecole this year? I think he's a steal say after 9th/10th round?? 

I like Mecole late in drafts this year for sure. Sounds like he’s been putting in lots of work over the off-season to take his game to the next level.

Obviously Kelce and Tyreek are gonna get all the attention from defenses. I think Mecole could definitely have a big year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Took Mecole in KDBs league last night.  Got him as my 5th WR, so feel good about that.  Of course, lost a little of that feeling watching him drop a pass in a late night replay on NFL network of their preseason game against th he 49ers this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Took Mecole in KDBs league last night.  Got him as my 5th WR, so feel good about that.  Of course, lost a little of that feeling watching him drop a pass in a late night replay on NFL network of their preseason game against th he 49ers this weekend.

Yep. I messed up there because I tend to start loading up on handcuffs at that point so by week 3 I have an RB1 somewhere. Should have taken Hardman in 10th. I think he's going to be a great flex play this year. 

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm all in on QBs coming back from major injuries.  Have Burrow in the 1st league and Prescott in the 2nd.  I'm happy with where I got Prescott, and Burrow was simply the best that was left when I had my team ready for a QB.  Taking Kelce in the 1st gives you a big advantage at TE< but puts you a round behind everywhere else.  But, the 7th slot is probably the worst spot to be for the first three rounds.

Kelce is basically a wr1. At a position he will typically outscore 15 pts

• Like 1