Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've been drafting him early for 4 years. Makes you have to do more work looking for RB2 or trying to end up having two solid WRs, but it can be a lethal advantage. 

In PPR it’s much easier to find a rb2. But in regular that would be very tough to take him in the first 6 picks. After that all bets are off.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont take him THAT high.. but I will absolutely take him over almost any WR. 

I had it in my mind in a PPR league depending if someone fell but I am prepared to take him starting at 7. As we saw lots and lots of good PPR receivers later rounds.

Edited by dgambill

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kelce is basically a wr1. At a position he will typically outscore 15 pts

Oh.  I agree.  I thought I heard that he would have been the third highest scoring WR las year, behind only Adams and Hill.  If he gets injured, though, you are up the creek.  Simply not anyone on your bench (if you even have a backup TE), or on waivers, that could replace even a third of what he gives.

But, I was determined that I was going to get him on at least one of my two teams last night.  Was prepared to go as high as 5 to do that.  Would have preferred to get the opportunity at 10 or after,  but figured the 7 spot was so bad, it required being untraditional.  Ended up with 2 solid backs and at least 4 WR that would qualify as either WR2 or WR3.  If you consider Pittman a WR3, I would have 5 at that level.  So, no complaints there,

Where I paid the price was QB.  I felt like I had to build the deep WR core and take my chances at QB.  I would have been happy with either Tannehill or Stafford, but at least one person, if not two, doubled up on QB early, and I ended up having to grab Burrow.  And, I even did that a round earlier than I wanted.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Oh.  I agree.  I thought I heard that he would have been the third highest scoring WR las year, behind only Adams and Hill.  If he gets injured, though, you are up the creek.  Simply not anyone on your bench (if you even have a backup TE), or on waivers, that could replace even a third of what he gives.

But, I was determined that I was going to get him on at least one of my two teams last night.  Was prepared to go as high as 5 to do that.  Would have preferred to get the opportunity at 10 or after,  but figured the 7 spot was so bad, it required being untraditional.  Ended up with 2 solid backs and at least 4 WR that would qualify as either WR2 or WR3.  If you consider Pittman a WR3, I would have 5 at that level.  So, no complaints there,

Where I paid the price was QB.  I felt like I had to build the deep WR core and take my chances at QB.  I would have been happy with either Tannehill or Stafford, but at least one person, if not two, doubled up on QB early, and I ended up having to grab Burrow.  And, I even did that a round earlier than I wanted.  

Trubisky is available.  Just sayin'

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, since Yahoo says I am the favorite to win the league, I am certainly destined to a 2-12 record, then.

If Yahoo wants to hand out a draft grade, then so be it.  But they have no idea how the season is going to go.  HoFers and future HoFers underperform from game to game or an entire season.  They also have no idea how a Rookie is gonna perform at all or what injuries will occur.  I must admit I do like reading their takes for entertainment purposes.

• Like 1

Since I am in both HSN leagues, I though it might be interesting to compare the draft positions of the players I selected in each league versus where they went in the other league.  Note that I selected Michael Carter and Cleveland in both.

Here is my team for Kev's league.  My draft position in Kev's league is listed first.  

T. Kelce                 1.7 vs 2.2

A, Gibson              2.6  vs 2.11

D. Montgomery    3.7 vs. 4.2

A. Cooper              4.6 vs 5.2

D. Johnson            5.7 vs 4.7

R. Anderson           6.6 vs 6.11

J, Jeudy                 7.7 vs 7.3

M. Carter               8.6 vs. 8.4

J. Burrow                9.7 vs. 9.3

M. Pittman             10.6 vs 9.12

J.D. McKissic          11.7 vs N/A

Cleveland                12.6 vs 13.9

M. Gay                     13.7 vs. N/A

T. Coleman              14.6 vs. N/A    

Continuation of post above.   

Here is my team for KDB.s league.  Interesting to note that D'Andre Swift went in the same slot in both drafts.

A. Ekeler                    1.9 vs. 2.3

D. Hopkins                 2.4 vs. 2.7

R. Woods                    3.9 vs. 4.5

D. Swift                       4.4 vs. 4,4

D. Prescott                  5.11 vs. 5.9

T. Higgins                   6.4 vs. 5.12

C. Sutton                     7.9 vs. 8.4

M. Carter                     8.4 vs. 8.6

Z. Moss                        9.9 vs. 10.7

M. Gesicki                    10.4 vs. 9.12

M. Hardman                 11.9 vs. N/A

J. Williams                   12,4 vs. 9.2

Cleveland                     13.9 vs. 12.6

R. Succop                     14.4 vs. 12.10

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Continuation of post above.   

Here is my team for KDB.s league.  Interesting to note that D'Andre Swift went in the same slot in both drafts.

A. Ekeler                    1.9 vs. 2.3

D. Hopkins                 2.4 vs. 2.7

R. Woods                    3.9 vs. 4.5

D. Swift                       4.4 vs. 4,4

D. Prescott                  5.11 vs. 5.9

T. Higgins                   6.4 vs. 5.12

C. Sutton                     7.9 vs. 8.4

M. Carter                     8.4 vs. 8.6

Z. Moss                        9.9 vs. 10.7

M. Gesicki                    10.4 vs. 9.12

M. Hardman                 11.9 vs. N/A

J. Williams                   12,4 vs. 9.2

Cleveland                     13.9 vs. 12.6

R. Succop                     14.4 vs. 12.10

I like team 2, which unfortunately is in my league, much better than team 1.

I hope you do well in both but am not convinced that Burrows is going to play at a high level right out of the gate, and think David Johnson’s best days are behind him, especially with the Texans’ quarterback situation so up in the air 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I like team 2, which unfortunately is in my league, much better than team 1.

I hope you do well in both but am not convinced that Burrows is going to play at a high level right out of the gate, and think David Johnson’s best days are behind him, especially with the Texans’ quarterback situation so up in the air 

That's Dionte Johnson, not David Johnson. 

I like Team 2 better as well.  Team 1 picked in the 7 slot.  team 2 in the 9th.  The 9th isn't great, but this year the 7th slot is probably the worst in the whole draft.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

That's Dionte Johnson, not David Johnson. 

I like Team 2 better as well.  Team 1 picked in the 7 slot.  team 2 in the 9th.  The 9th isn't great, but this year the 7th slot is probably the worst in the whole draft.

How come you didn’t take Kelce in both drafts? Was you just trying to lower your risk by using different draft strategies? Whomever got him in the second round was quite a steal.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How come you didn’t take Kelce in both drafts? Was you just trying to lower your risk by using different draft strategies? Whomever got him in the second round was quite a steal.

I didn't particularly like the way my first draft turned out, so i wanted to do something a little different.  If I would have known I had the 9th slot in the second one at the time I drafted my first one, I would likely have done something different draft 1 and did the Kelce route in the 2nd draft,  

And, hedging my bets was a little bit of it as well.  If you have the same #1 pick on both teams and he gets hurt, you're screwed.  I think I'm going to regret not taking J. Taylor on one of my teams.  Had the opportunity with both.  

Yahoo predicts both my teams to go 6-8, so we will see.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I didn't particularly like the way my first draft turned out, so i wanted to do something a little different.  If I would have known I had the 9th slot in the second one at the time I drafted my first one, I would likely have done something different draft 1 and did the Kelce route in the 2nd draft,  

And, hedging my bets was a little bit of it as well.  If you have the same #1 pick on both teams and he gets hurt, you're screwed.  I think I'm going to regret not taking J. Taylor on one of my teams.  Had the opportunity with both.  

Yahoo predicts both my teams to go 6-8, so we will see.  

I wouldn't worry about yahoo. Those grades are pretty terrible and based on predicted point totals which they haven't really a clue about how many points each guy will get. On top of playing a bench guy against the right matchup etc. Injuries and knowing when to swap a guy out of your lineup is where games are won and lost mostly. Also doesn't hurt not to face every team when they have their best week. (I've lost before where I had the most points scored in my league and didn't make the 4 man playoff because I just so happen to hit matchups when teams had their best week and lost too many weeks despite avg way more points then others)

I don't think your teams turned out terribly bad at all. The 7th spot is in the middle of no mans land. The elite backs are gone (top 5) and it's a bit too early for that second tier of RB1s. The elite WR usually start coming off right there. The problem is those that took wr first rd after you all pick up the tier 2 backs before it gets back to you leaving you with a more rb2 back then a rb1. If you don't have a top 4 pick it is usually best to have a pick 10-12 in my opinion. Anyways I'm sure you will do fine!

• Like 2

I am in a league with some old friends and Co workers and they had some pretty good team names. I'm sure some of you have heard a couple of these but were new to me. The guy that owns a furniture store team is Sofa King Good. A married couple his is, I like Big TD'S and I cannot lie. So his wife came up with I love it when Mahommes goes deep. I gotta get creative now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always enjoy looking across all teams after the draft. Without mentioning names....I see plenty of teams in our side that are really well balanced. Some have elite QB, RB's.....but light at WR's. Some are just the opposite....with most teams pretty balanced I think.

My team is light on RB (by design)....of course if Denver would just make Javonte the start RB there things would change. Or if Cook, Kamara, want to get injured that's ok too. Haha. Really like my WR/TE's....wish I would have jumped on the QB train one round earlier. I love Wilson but we'll see. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am in a league with some old friends and Co workers and they had some pretty good team names. I'm sure some of you have heard a couple of these but were new to me. The guy that owns a furniture store team is Sofa King Good. A married couple his is, I like Big TD'S and I cannot lie. So his wife came up with I love it when Mahommes goes deep. I gotta get creative now 

I wouldn't ask Rico for his thoughts, I'm sure he could come up with some creative ones....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Play around with some sort of combination that includes Chubb and Butker.   Then again, maybe you shouldn't.  

• Haha 1

This year I’ve been doing salary cap drafts….some of the prices can be crazy…so exciting from start to finish. That said just did a draft with only two of us that showed up…needless to say we are loaded…really took the fun out of it. Why I appreciate our league….it should be competitive from start to finish at least

• Like 1