Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Give it about 2-3 weeks until at least one stud RB goes down....and dangle one of those RB's in front of someone. They'll bite.

I think Stanford is set for a special year. 5000 yds easy and 40 yds easy. Best group of receivers he has had in forever (as a group). Woods and Kupp are legit and who knows…maybe Deshawn Jackson will have one more elite year..at least he stretches the defense. Van Jefferson is a break out threat too.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Stanford is set for a special year. 5000 yds easy and 40 yds easy. Best group of receivers he has had in forever (as a group). Woods and Kupp are legit and who knows…maybe Deshawn Jackson will have one more elite year..at least he stretches the defense. Van Jefferson is a break out threat too.

I don't know. Peyton only did it once....and IIRC it's only happened about a dozen times in the history of the league. I know stats have a chance to be broken with extra game but 5000 is never easy. 40 tds I could see but still a tall order. Rodgers has only done it 3x in his career. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know. Peyton only did it once....and IIRC it's only happened about a dozen times in the history of the league. I know stats have a chance to be broken with extra game but 5000 is never easy. 40 tds I could see but still a tall order. Rodgers has only done it 3x in his career. 

Extra game…that’s 300 yds a game. I know it’s a bit much but I’m high on him this year and he is in a great offense to do it in. Basically did 5000 back to back years when he had megaton.

Edited by dgambill

It's a strategy that some like or some don't....but I have no clue what my aversion is to drafting running backs. Maybe I just feel like I can grab some guys in 4th or 5th rounds or beyond?? Had a Full Point PPR, 6 points for QB Passing TD's last night and because of some oddities and personal preference I've mentioned on here before....I ended up going Kelce, Brown, McLaurin, Edwards, Rodgers, and Javonte Williams in my first 6 last night. 

I always try to secure as many targets as possible early on. My fantasy life would be much easier if the Broncos just deal Gordon or name Williams the starter as they've suggested all preseason long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It's a strategy that some like or some don't....but I have no clue what my aversion is to drafting running backs. Maybe I just feel like I can grab some guys in 4th or 5th rounds or beyond?? Had a Full Point PPR, 6 points for QB Passing TD's last night and because of some oddities and personal preference I've mentioned on here before....I ended up going Kelce, Brown, McLaurin, Edwards, Rodgers, and Javonte Williams in my first 6 last night. 

I always try to secure as many targets as possible early on. My fantasy life would be much easier if the Broncos just deal Gordon or name Williams the starter as they've suggested all preseason long. 

I've always believed that, in a full PPR, the best spot to be deficient is with the RB2 position.  That's provided your RB1 does not get injured.  In your case, you are strong at TE, both WR spots, and QB.  Your RB1 is not an expected RB1, but he's playing for the best team possible.  

That said, I'm rotting against your RB2 becoming a lead back.  I have Gordon in one of my other leagues.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've always believed that, in a full PPR, the best spot to be deficient is with the RB2 position.  That's provided your RB1 does not get injured.  In your case, you are strong at TE, both WR spots, and QB.  Your RB1 is not an expected RB1, but he's playing for the best team possible.  

That said, I'm rotting against your RB2 becoming a lead back.  I have Gordon in one of my other leagues.  

...unless Roger Craig is available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I pick at 5th again tonight. 1/2 point PPR, 4 points for QB passing TD's.....I know what's going to happen. It's going CMC, Cook, Henry.....more than likely Kamara and I'm going to be staring down the barrel again of passing on Zeke/Barkley and going Adams. Rinse wash repeat. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I pick at 5th again tonight. 1/2 point PPR, 4 points for QB passing TD's.....I know what's going to happen. It's going CMC, Cook, Henry.....more than likely Kamara and I'm going to be staring down the barrel again of passing on Zeke/Barkley and going Adams. Rinse wash repeat. 

Would you consider Aaron Jones in that spot?  Just because he doesn't get picked that high often doesn't mean he's not worth considering.  Take Jones at 5 and possibly get Ridley in round 2?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Would you consider Aaron Jones in that spot?  Just because he doesn't get picked that high often doesn't mean he's not worth considering.  Take Jones at 5 and possibly get Ridley in round 2?  

I am...but even with Williams departure I don't know about Jones at 5th because everyone has a love affair with AJ Dillon inside the 5. Or Rodgers just plays catch with Adams which keeps me going back to him there. I'm even considering Taylor too. 

Edited by Seeking6

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Peter King scoffs at Stafford and only 5,000.  He thinks 6,000 is possible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-insider-peter-king-makes-extremely-bold-prediction-about-matthew-stafford/ar-AAObVEN?ocid=msedgntp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Question for my other league.  I have Dalvin Cook and Zeke, would you trade Zeke for Jonathan Taylor or should I try to get a good receiver for him

Depends on what the rest of your team looks like. If you're weak at receiver then maybe. I wouldn't trade Zeke for JT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Swift, David Johnson, Hines and Mostert 

Having Swift as your RB3 is nice. 

If you're wanting to upgrade at WR, I would maybe try and package Zeke and JuJu to do a 2 for 2 that upgrades you at WR and still gets you a decent RB back in return as well.

You could maybe even try and pair Swift with one of your WR's instead of Zeke and do a 2 for 2 that upgrades you at WR, and gets you to keep Zeke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KDB said:

Having Swift as your RB3 is nice. 

If you're wanting to upgrade at WR, I would maybe try and package Zeke and JuJu to do a 2 for 2 that upgrades you at WR and still gets you a decent RB back in return as well.

You could maybe even try and pair Swift with one of your WR's instead of Zeke and do a 2 for 2 that upgrades you at WR, and gets you to keep Zeke.

Great information. Thanks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Great information. Thanks 

If you would be lucky enough....see if trade Zeke for a Tier 1/2 WR but on the return try to get one of the more valuable handcuffs along with WR. Maybe match up with whoever has Mattison so you have Cook protected....or the funny move would be to make the trade with whoever has Pollard and have him be your handcuff after dumping Zeke. 

Certain guys just don't last a year. Zeke is one of them. 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:16 AM, Seeking6 said:

I think so if you have the space. He's always valuable out of the backfield in PPR formats and if Damien gets hurt (just like any handcuff) he's instant RB1 touches....no guarantee on the production but definitely the touches.

Speaking of handcuffs. Getting nervous on one of mind. Wouldn't it be funny if I drafted a handcuff in Murray (Kamara)....pickup Edwards as cuff for JK.....and both Edwards and Murray split time in Ravens backfield making all moves basically RBBC?? Haha. Weird rumors floating out of New Orleans right now with Murray.

Sometimes even 8 days later a post has some truth to it. What to do what to do. PS...Murray released from Saints just now. 

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is why I'm really warming up to Auction/Salary cap drafts my friend. It is UNPREDICTABLE as all heck. You have money and you bid on guys. You can get any player you want by just bidding more. It gets too high move on to another one of your targets. Takes a tad longer to finish the draft sometimes but so much more strategy and you never have to worry about the dreaded scenario you explained. In fact someone will waste a ton of money bidding back in forth to get guys you don't like and you are like "SWEET" you just wasted your cap space on him. There are times at the end all people have is like a dollar a player left and if you play your cards right you just bid $2 and get all the late sleepers. Try it...I promise you will never go back to the old way. My only suggestion is do it in yahoo. I did one on the NFL fantasy app and only me and two guys showed up...we took turns getting everyone we wanted and likely won't lose until we face each other.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This is why I'm really warming up to Auction/Salary cap drafts my friend. It is UNPREDICTABLE as all heck. You have money and you bid on guys. You can get any player you want by just bidding more. It gets too high move on to another one of your targets. Takes a tad longer to finish the draft sometimes but so much more strategy and you never have to worry about the dreaded scenario you explained. In fact someone will waste a ton of money bidding back in forth to get guys you don't like and you are like "SWEET" you just wasted your cap space on him. There are times at the end all people have is like a dollar a player left and if you play your cards right you just bid $2 and get all the late sleepers. Try it...I promise you will never go back to the old way. My only suggestion is do it in yahoo. I did one on the NFL fantasy app and only me and two guys showed up...we took turns getting everyone we wanted and likely won't lose until we face each other.

We have 2 leagues in one if you will. We do a standard all year long league. We also created a Fanduel league. Same 12 guys. $10 per week. We love the salary cap structure and it balances out the year long league if your team gets destroyed by injuries...like me last year with Michael Thomas and Ekeler being my 1-2 picks. Haha.

• Like 1