Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mike Evans was nonexistent last night. I only remember one pass thrown his way, right at the end of the game. I have had him in previous years and he’s done pretty well for me. Clearly last night Godwin and Groningen were the targets 

Evans isn't a burner but one of those bigger targets. He will get lots of redzone targets. Dallas had a bigger corner on him...I think 6'2..so it negated his HT advantage. Evans doesn't get a lot of separation and AB and Goodwin obviously had no issues with that. They are both going to have big years!

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of happy fans this morning breathing a sigh of relief about targets. I have Godwin in a couple leagues. Been on him for 3 years now...but sure was nervous about him. Last night calmed those fears. Same goes for all the Cowboy fans out there too. Dak looked great...and Cooper, Lamb and even Gallup saw tons of targets too. 

Only player last night that didn't do anything was Zeke. 40 yards. One sneaky good play for folks in salary cap or FanDuel leagues at TE was Dalton Schultz. Dak looked very comfortable checking down to him vs RB's out of backfield.

Zeke was a bust for sure...Lamb was impressive. I wasn't sure how healthy Dak was...but clearly he had little rust. Felt bad...Goodwin got away with a major push off on that last big gain that got TB in fg range. Wonder how it would have played out if the penalty would have been called and they lost 15 yards there like they should have.

• Like 1

FYI...Brady was last pick in the 6th rd...basically 7th rd pick. AB 9th rd pick....Gronk 13th round pick.....in our HSN league. Seen that in other leagues too. That's a steal.  97.86 combined pts for just those 3....not too shabby. It won't happen every week for sure...but they will all contribute.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I've said on here many times. He or Barkley will never be on a roster of mine. Last night was only one game....but 40 yards shouldn't ever happen with a top 5 pick.

Did not have choice forced to use auto pick in HSN, league and I had Cook already and my daughter picked Taylor with her 2nd round pick before it got to me so I took Zeke just for trade bait. Having 2 top 5 backs look good on paper 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Like this?

3388FC56-051A-4A3B-AC60-C8773C37F23F.png

Craziness!  

Funny story, I was rooting for Antonio on Thursday night thinking I had in my other league where multiple bottles of bourbon got opened up at the draft. I could’ve sworn I picked him up and had him on my bench, turns out I didn’t remember my last 3 picks. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why am I so enamored with Callaway, Corey Davis, and Jakobi Meyers today? For some reason I really think all are going to payoff big for their cost on Fanduel.

I like Meyers the best of the 3.  Callaway should be decent just because NO has no other receivers.  But, I think the Jets struggle to move the ball against the Panthers.  I know Zach Wilson looked good in preseason, but everything is turned up a notch now.  And, the Panthers D is better than some think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I like Meyers the best of the 3.  Callaway should be decent just because NO has no other receivers.  But, I think the Jets struggle to move the ball against the Panthers.  I know Zach Wilson looked good in preseason, but everything is turned up a notch now.  And, the Panthers D is better than some think.

I either own all 3 of those guys or 2 of the 3 in most leagues. Starting Meyers in 1 and Davis in Full Point PPR in another....and I actually am starting all 3 in one Fanduel card so I could go more $ on TE/QB/RB's. We'll see. Every year I try to identify 3-4 cheap guys and so far these 3 are fitting the bill.

So, I'm sitting Dionte Johnson in Kev's league because I am going up against him in KDB's league.  Need Johnson to be below average, as @BeerBQgot a huge game Thursday from Gronk.  

Edit:  Benching Johnson allows me to start Jerry Jeudy.  Not concerned that it makes me vulnerable.  

Edited by 5fouls

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm intrigued by Callaway. NO lost some guys which helps, but he made some great plays in preseason. Will be interesting to watch. I'm starting him in my dynasty league today.

• Like 2