Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I will never wish injury or illness on a player, but I'm really hoping Aaron Rodgers decides to retire during the opening kickoff tonight.  That's about the only way I win either of my two HSN leagues this week.

I'm just hoping for a bad performance. I'm up against D Adams with about a 27pt lead. If it wasn't the Lions I would feel confident. Hopefully they double him and let Aaron throw to everyone else. I'm not real confident.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm just hoping for a bad performance. I'm up against D Adams with about a 27pt lead. If it wasn't the Lions I would feel confident. Hopefully they double him and let Aaron throw to everyone else. I'm not real confident.

I'm in a weird situation where I need Rodgers to have a good night....and need 12.2 points from Adams....but can't have Adams one of those 3-4 TD nights with 200+ yards. Trying to thread the needle tonight to win all leagues this week. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm in a weird situation where I need Rodgers to have a good night....and need 12.2 points from Adams....but can't have Adams one of those 3-4 TD nights with 200+ yards. Trying to thread the needle tonight to win all leagues this week. 

Yeah....which is why I only play a couple leagues now. Don't like rooting against myself.

• Like 1

HSN standings after Week 2 for those that can't see the results

Kev's League

2-0:  Sagamore; Dgambill

1-1: Billingsley, IndKev, NotIthatlives; Leathernecks, ParakeetJones, PAHossier, BluegrassIU, 5fouls

0-2: Rico; Ledies22

High score of the week - IndyKev 1ith 181.92

KDB's League

2-0: Seeking6; Btownqb

1-1: Steubenhoosier; KoB2011; TDHoosier; B_A; MrFlynn03; IndyKev; PAHoosier; 5fouls

0-2: KDB; BeerBQ

High score of the week - Seeking6 with 168.32

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

HSN standings after Week 2 for those that can't see the results

Kev's League

2-0:  Sagamore; Dgambill

1-1: Billingsley, IndKev, NotIthatlives; Leathernecks, ParakeetJones, PAHossier, BluegrassIU, 5fouls

0-2: Rico; Ledies22

High score of the week - IndyKev 1ith 181.92

KDB's League

2-0: Seeking6; Btownqb

1-1: Steubenhoosier; KoB2011; TDHoosier; B_A; MrFlynn03; IndyKev; PAHoosier; 5fouls

0-2: KDB; BeerBQ

High score of the week - Seeking6 with 168.32

@mrflynn03pulled off the amazing feat of going from high score to low score. 

• Like 2

So, the recaps from Yahoo were kind of harsh, and a little personal, this week.  Yes, I did go 0-2, but still.

Recap provided by Yahoo from Kev's league:

A donkey could have managed the team better than you this week 5fouls.  And, that seems appropriate considering that most of your ex-wives think you're an ass.  Sure, Amari Cooper had a bazillion points Week 1.  But, you should have anticipated that he would be a bust in Week 2.  If you would have had the slightest amount of foresight, you would have dropped Cooper and picked up Freddie Swain or K.J. Osborn instead.  When flipping through Webster's, your picture is listed under 'Dufus'.  Better luck next week, but you'll most likely suck again.

Recap provided by Yahoo for KDB's league:

We like your take charge attitude 5 fouls.  You saw the big zero Mike Gesicki gave you in Week 1 and you acted on it.  Picking up Cole Kmet gave you 1 whole extra point this week than you got from the tight-end position position on Week 1.  Now, if you would just taken that initiative to the next level, you may have accumulated the other 30 points or so you needed to win.  Dak Prescott?  You could have relegated his whopping 7.48 points to the bench and picked up Taylor Heinicke, and his 29+ points instead.   And, please don't tell me that you played Tee Higgins over Courtland Sutton just because you are a Bengals fan.  Heck, if you're a Bengals fan, you should know better than to ever expect something positive to come out of that organization.  In fact, you might just take your fandom to a new level and finish with a 3-4 win season, just like the Bengals will.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, the recaps from Yahoo were kind of harsh, and a little personal, this week.  Yes, I did go 0-2, but still.

A donkey could have managed the team better than you this week 5fouls.  And, that seems appropriate considering that most of your ex-wives think you're an ass.  Sure, Amari Cooper had a bazillion points Week 1.  But, you should have anticipated that he would be a bust in Week 2.  If you would have had the slightest amount of foresight, you would have dropped Cooper and picked up Freddie Swain or K.J. Osborn instead.  When flipping through Webster's, your picture is listed under 'Dufus'.  Better luck next week, but you'll most likely suck again.

We like your take charge attitude 5 fouls.  You saw the big zero Mike Gesicki gave you in Week 1 and you acted on it.  Picking up Cole Kmet gave you 1 whole extra point this week than you got from the tight-end position position on Week 1.  Now, if you would just taken that initiative to the next level, you may have accumulated the other 30 points or so you needed to win.  Dak Prescott?  You could have relegated his whopping 7.48 points to the bench and picked up Taylor Heinicke, and his 29+ points instead.   And, please don't tell me that you played Tee Higgins over Courtland Sutton just because you are a Bengals fan.  Heck, if you're a Bengals fan, you should know better than to ever expect something positive to come out of that organization.  In fact, you might just take your fandom to a new level and finish with a 3-4 win season, just like the Bengals will.

About 11 years ago when I first joined Yahoo I enjoyed some of their recaps.....but after awhile I started feeling like who in the heck are you guys to tell me what to do. I think I received a C or lower grade on my draft in our league. I knew at that time I'd be ok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Little snarky there at Yahoo, are they?😁

• Haha 1

I hate it when a player on the injury report plays on Monday night.  It's even worse when his replacement plays on Thursday.  That's what I have going on this week with Amari Cooper, and Robby Anderson as his logical replacement on my roster.  I'm just not going to know enough about Cooper's status by tomorrow night to make an educated decision.  To make matters even worse, Dionte Johnson is my other starting WR, and his status is up in the air as well.  That almost forces me to play it safe with Anderson tomorrow, because if I don't start Anderson Thursday and neither Johnson or Cooper plays, I would be forced to go dumpster diving in Free Agency and dropping someone I don't want to drop.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I hate it when a player on the injury report plays on Monday night.  It's even worse when his replacement plays on Thursday.  That's what I have going on this week with Amari Cooper, and Robby Anderson as his logical replacement on my roster.  I'm just not going to know enough about Cooper's status by tomorrow night to make an educated decision.  To make matters even worse, Dionte Johnson is my other starting WR, and his status is up in the air as well.  That almost forces me to play it safe with Anderson tomorrow, because if I don't start Anderson Thursday and neither Johnson or Cooper plays, I would be forced to go dumpster diving in Free Agency and dropping someone I don't want to drop.  

Don't envy those calls....as a rule I try to avoid Thursday if I can just for the simple reason if they stink I'll think about it until Sunday. Haha. One guy that is slowly growing on me and might be available still in some leagues is Patrick from Denver especially with Jeudy down. 

I think Anderson comes around but as you said tons of questions. On top of that Ben is hurt too. Good luck!

• Like 2

Just an FYI for those in multiple leagues. Brett Hundley (Colts Practice QB) took majority of reps as starter in practice yesterday. If Wentz can't go....he might be the guy. As it relates to fantasy....Titans D has sucked but with matchups vs Colts, Jets, and Jaguars on the docket they might be worth an option in coming weeks.

I always stay away from the teams I like if I can. For example...I dropped Browns Def vs Bears this week even though I know it's a potentially good play. Haha.