Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

In my dynasty league, I have Russell Wilson and Barkley.  Barkley sprained his ankle and was carted to the locker room.  Super deep at WR, TE, and IDP, but I don't have a single starting QB or RB on my bench.  Might be about time to start tanking.  

Ouch, thats 3 weeks.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Congrats to the winners this week! Sadly I'm not one of them. Going to be a bumpy ride for me these next few weeks. This is where fantasy football gets fun when down a few guys.

After Adams and Mattison went off, I was sure you had me beat.  I got lucky and got a lot of garbage time points late in the 4 o'clock games.

Edited by 5fouls

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

After Adams and Mattison went off, I was sure you had me beat.  I got lucky and got a lot of garbage time points late in the 4 o'clock games.

Luck (bad kind) is me losing my Fanduel league (we pay top 3 each week) because of the Cowboys return int/TD with 90 seconds to go in that game yesterday...brutal!

You have a good team that isn't reflected in your record so far...or at least I think you have a good team. Just needed McVay to remember Woods needs to see some targets!!

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Luck (bad kind) is me losing my Fanduel league (we pay top 3 each week) because of the Cowboys return int/TD with 90 seconds to go in that game yesterday...brutal!

You have a good team that isn't reflected in your record so far...or at least I think you have a good team. Just needed McVay to remember Woods needs to see some targets!!

I think my team that beat you is significantly better than my other HSN team and my ESPN team.  But, both of those teams are 3-2 after this week, while the team that beat you is only 2-3.  It was definitely underachieving until this week, and was still fortunate to get a win.  Would have been different outcome had you not had Wilson get hurt and I had not snagged those late game garbage points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I think my team that beat you is significantly better than my other HSN team and my ESPN team.  But, both of those teams are 3-2 after this week, while the team that beat you is only 2-3.  It was definitely underachieving until this week, and was still fortunate to get a win.  Would have been different outcome had you not had Wilson get hurt and I had not snagged those late game garbage points.

Wilson and Montgomery are going to have me scrambling a little....which is why I picked up Darnold last week. He's been playing well and they have Vikings, Giants, Falcons, Patriots up over the next 4 weeks. 

I know it sounds twisted but I actually enjoy the injuries, bye weeks.....the active managers typically win out over the course of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wilson and Montgomery are going to have me scrambling a little....which is why I picked up Darnold last week. He's been playing well and they have Vikings, Giants, Falcons, Patriots up over the next 4 weeks. 

I know it sounds twisted but I actually enjoy the injuries, bye weeks.....the active managers typically win out over the course of the season. 

Injuries are a wild card and can hurt some teams much more than others, so I hate to see them.

Bye weeks, on the other hand, can equally reward anyone that makes a little extra effort to set up and manage their teams.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing their impact on things.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

A guy in my other league has Jackson, Andrews, and Taylor. At halftime, he was projected to win by about 3 points. He's currently projected to win by 60 points. Crazy half.

In my ESPN league, I had a 45 point lead going into tonight and my opponent had Jackson.  If that league was scored like our Yahoo league (6 point td pass and bonus for 300 yards passing), I would have lost.  Fortunately for me, it's not, and Jackson was 'held' to 41.88 and I sneaked out a 3 point win.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

That screenshot is painful for me. Not only do I have the worst luck on there, @btownqbappears to have made a deal with the devil to be undefeated. 

Your team is absolutely loaded btw. It's basically my money league team. 

If Michael Thomas is there for me later.. I believe I'm almost with you. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Anyone desperate for a fill in RB this week go get Herbert from Bears. Williams just went on Covid list and doubtful he can be ready by Sunday. 18 carries and 75 last week but he'll get all of the carries vs a rush defense that will give up yards.

I added him in 2 leagues....but wasn't available in another and in another I'm not doing it because my other handcuffs are more valuable.

Could be a good fill in for the week...or at the very least prevent other league members from getting him. 

In my ESPN league, I have 5 running backs on the roster.  4 of them are carrying a questionable tag right now.  The one that is not designated on ESPN is Dalvin Cook, who has missed 2 of the last 3 games and was extremely limited in the other.  In other words, unless some folks get healthy, I might be screwed this week.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Of course Leonard Fournette is going off.  I'm going against him.  

That convo he had with Brady like around week 14 of last year changed his career. He basically is who Jacksonville drafted now. Motivated, great in pass blocking, catching the ball much better, and a load to bring down. He is a steal for those that drafted him this year because I believe he was going middle to late rounds.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That convo he had with Brady like around week 14 of last year changed his career. He basically is who Jacksonville drafted now. Motivated, great in pass blocking, catching the ball much better, and a load to bring down. He is a steal for those that drafted him this year because I believe he was going middle to late rounds.

Was joking with a buddy last night in another league. It's week 6 and I have Fournette and Herbert as my 2 starting RB's and I feel really, really good about it. Haha. Injuries at the RB position haven't stopped for a decade....and probably won't anytime soon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was joking with a buddy last night in another league. It's week 6 and I have Fournette and Herbert as my 2 starting RB's and I feel really, really good about it. Haha. Injuries at the RB position haven't stopped for a decade....and probably won't anytime soon. 

Yeah I regret not drafting Fournette. He was on my list as a sleeper but I just missed him in how the draft order played out. Last year he split time with Jones and I didn't want that....thought the playoff run was just a fluke....oh boy was I wrong...he is a very very solid #2 back. I also worried because Brady throws a lot on the goal line and then will also run the sneak a lot at the 1...but as the season goes along I think Fournette will continue to be a solid play....can just about count on 70yds rushing, 3 catches, and more and more getting a td a game. That is really awesome given his ADP.

Herbert had a good preseason I heard...but was buried on that depth chart....but Chicago runs the ball like 60% of the time so he will get his carries.....my worry for him this week is GB and Rodgers get out to a lead and then will Chicago have to finally cut it lose and throw the ball.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I regret not drafting Fournette. He was on my list as a sleeper but I just missed him in how the draft order played out. Last year he split time with Jones and I didn't want that....thought the playoff run was just a fluke....oh boy was I wrong...he is a very very solid #2 back. I also worried because Brady throws a lot on the goal line and then will also run the sneak a lot at the 1...but as the season goes along I think Fournette will continue to be a solid play....can just about count on 70yds rushing, 3 catches, and more and more getting a td a game. That is really awesome given his ADP.

Herbert had a good preseason I heard...but was buried on that depth chart....but Chicago runs the ball like 60% of the time so he will get his carries.....my worry for him this week is GB and Rodgers get out to a lead and then will Chicago have to finally cut it lose and throw the ball.

Agree on all. Herbert is a volume play only for me. Especially in Fanduel this weekend. You have guys like him, Williams, Booker....who for their price are great plays just because of the touches.

I've got a few other guys that are starting to test my patience. Mainly AJ Brown and McClaurin....with a side of Calvin Ridley. If McClaurin doesn't perform vs the Chiefs couple of my PPR leagues are going to get adjusted. 3 100+ catch guys who are producing around 5/43 each week.