Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Always all good. Just was curious. I have one league where trades never happen because 1 guy might think Christian Kirk is actually Davante Adams....or Alexander Mattison is worth Alvin Kamara because he's one injury away type stuff. 

Have a feeling with all the injuries people are going to have start discounting their valuations just a tad to make deals happen. With Kareem Hunt being down for a few weeks and Chubb not certain to return this Thursday I could see a team like the Browns reaching out to Colts for Mack. 

I do typically test the water with a what will people give...but I am usually busy on the market and anyone can feel free to shoot an offer. I'm more of a two for one kinda guy. I usually look for a team that might have multiple weak spots in their starting lineup (injury or whatever) and offer two starting caliber players for an upgraded player. So if I'm deep I try to upgrade one of my weaker positions. I don't generally want volume (but if your a team that is decimated they may) but rather the higher quality. It's probably why I don't get many of my trades accepted....because I am generally targeting one of their better players...but what good is he if your putting up single digits across the board. Anyways, trades don't bother me one bit. I like the interaction...even if what people are asking is unreasonable. It's what makes it fun....other wise I could set my roster and never change it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My team is not very strong to say the least but I am competitive so I hate losing anything

Your team is honestly fine. It sucked that Fitzmagic went down week 1 or Mclaurin would be a top 10 wr (and he is some weeks) but hard to be consistent without the QB play being better. Same with Houston losing Taylor and that killed their run game because teams can load the box on Ingram. Julio gamble hasn't paid off....but no one saw this coming from him. Reminds me of when the Colts got Andre Johnson when he left the Texans. He was just washed up...and I know Julio can give you a game or two....but only every 4 or 5 weeks or so. Sad but that just happens to players and it's impossible to know when they will fall off. That said you certainly have some guys that can score big enough to give you a shot each week though!

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have all kinds of issues being able to get on our league with my phone. Unfortunately because of that I just don't make many changes. 

Next time you are playing me, I'll be happy to log into your account and make your changes for you.  :coffee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Always all good. Just was curious. I have one league where trades never happen because 1 guy might think Christian Kirk is actually Davante Adams....or Alexander Mattison is worth Alvin Kamara because he's one injury away type stuff. 

Have a feeling with all the injuries people are going to have start discounting their valuations just a tad to make deals happen. With Kareem Hunt being down for a few weeks and Chubb not certain to return this Thursday I could see a team like the Browns reaching out to Colts for Mack. 

I like watching different players....I'll trade anyone. Thats the fun of this fpr me. The 2 GM'S are buddies, I could see Mack going there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Going against Henry, Allen, and Lamb in multiple leagues wasn't good for business this week. Injuries and byenado week are upon us! Good luck fielding teams this week! I just looked at one of my lineups.....almost went blind. 

I have 3 starters out in each eagle this week and in our HSN league I don't have backups for each position.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Going against Henry, Allen, and Lamb in multiple leagues wasn't good for business this week. Injuries and byenado week are upon us! Good luck fielding teams this week! I just looked at one of my lineups.....almost went blind. 

In my ESPN league, my RBs and flex each week are Cook, Chubb, and Zeke.  I knew Week 7 was going to hit me hard at that spot with Cook and Zeke on bye, but figured Chubb and some time-share guy could suffice.

And then Chubb gets hurt.  And the Browns play Thursday night so the short week does not help Chubb.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have 3 starters out in each eagle this week and in our HSN league I don't have backups for each position.  

I think a lot of people are in this predicament.....I looked across the league and people are hording an absolute enormous amount of handcuffs and second TE's/qbs. Some of those will have to get dropped if you want to get through the heavy bye weeks and hope to pick them back up after. It will be interesting the scrambling that will go on. I think fantasy radio called today Terrible Tuesday because of the wirlwind of activity on the waiver wire today with so many injuries and the fact week 7 is one of the biggest bye weeks during the season. Good luck gentlemen!

• Like 2

Just now, dgambill said:

I think a lot of people are in this predicament.....I looked across the league and people are hording an absolute enormous amount of handcuffs and second TE's/qbs. Some of those will have to get dropped if you want to get through the heavy bye weeks and hope to pick them back up after. It will be interesting the scrambling that will go on. I think fantasy radio called today Terrible Tuesday because of the wirlwind of activity on the waiver wire today with so many injuries and the fact week 7 is one of the biggest bye weeks during the season. Good luck gentlemen!

Exactly. It's no secret I'm a handcuff guy....few leagues going to be some tough calls on who to drop to make a roster work. 

Scrambling is exactly right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. It's no secret I'm a handcuff guy....few leagues going to be some tough calls on who to drop to make a roster work. 

Scrambling is exactly right.

Well...I have used the old go without a defense this week route...some do the kicker....not saying it's a horrible plan but if I am desperate not to drop anyone and I need a qb or something it is absolutely worth it.

• Like 2

Should be some very interesting names at RB this week.  The list of who is on bye is staggering.

Elliot/Pollard

Cook/Mattison

Ekeler

Robinson

N. Harris

Moss/Singletary

Throw in the list of those injured and out (Montgomery, Carson, Hunt, Barkley, Mostert) and the list of those questionable (McCaffery, Chubb, Gibson, A. Collins).

We could see some team try to pick up O.J. Simpson fir this weekend.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Should be some very interesting names at RB this week.  The list of who is on bye is staggering.

Elliot/Pollard

Cook/Mattison

Ekeler

Robinson

N. Harris

Moss/Singletary

Throw in the list of those injured and out (Montgomery, Carson, Hunt, Barkley, Mostert) and the list of those questionable (McCaffery, Chubb, Gibson, A. Collins).

We could see some team try to pick up O.J. Simpson fir this weekend.

Mccaffery is on IR....out til week 9/10 at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Mccaffery is on IR....out til week 9/10 at the earliest.

I wasn't 100% sure so I guessed.  Looked it up after my post.  I knew he likely was not playing this upcoming week, because I have Hubbard on my ESPN team and Chuba has a nice projection for the week.

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I wasn't 100% sure so I guessed.  Looked it up after my post.  I knew he likely was not playing this upcoming week, because I have Hubbard on my ESPN team and Chuba has a nice projection for the week.

He was suppose to have played last week....then suddenly he ended up on IR (out 3 more weeks)...coach said he didn't have a set back my a$$ lol. Tough because he has already been out two previous weeks and only played a couple series the week before that. Basically been out almost the entire year...tough to lose your first rd pick when you pick #1....you basically get a rd 3 guy with your second pick. To be at 5-1 isn't bad....but I've already counted this week a loss given my injuries and bye. Not even worth fielding a team...I hope all my guys sit with rest.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Question for the board or maybe the Commish.

I completed a 3 for 2 trade a week or two ago. Consequently I have an open spot on my roster. When I try to fill the spot, I am asked to drop a player to add one. I don't want to drop any players on my roster. How can I add someone to fill the open spot?

Great question had the same issue I dropped a player then tried to fill that spot and it made me drop another to get him. Not sure how I filled my team after that but I did somehow. 

As you can see I am of no help but hope someone can be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Question for the board or maybe the Commish.

I completed a 3 for 2 trade a week or two ago. Consequently I have an open spot on my roster. When I try to fill the spot, I am asked to drop a player to add one. I don't want to drop any players on my roster. How can I add someone to fill the open spot?

That shouldn't be the case unless you had someone from IR come back or you traded someone from your IR. You should have 14 active players....might be throwing you off because many leagues use 15.

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well...I have used the old go without a defense this week route...some do the kicker....not saying it's a horrible plan but if I am desperate not to drop anyone and I need a qb or something it is absolutely worth it.

Funny you bring that up. I was just looking at who I want to add this week and thought about doing that. I've got a few guys I just don't want to drop. I also have Bass as my kicker in two leagues. Trying to figure out if I should drop one of my valuable handcuffs or Bass to fill the kicker role. 

• Like 1

I would be tempted to play without a defense before I would go without a kicker unless I had several delicious matchups on the horizon.  Kickers provide more reliable results on a week to week basis in my opinion.  Look at Buffalo's 'D' this week.   Defense is more matchup driven.

• Like 1