Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone this week! Tough lineups for sure. FYI...strong winds (gusts up to 50 mph) and storms for Colts/San Fran game....and definitely rain for Saints/Seahawks game. Plan accordingly. 

The beer is in the fridge.  I planned ahead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm so glad I drafted Chase and Pitts at 3 and 4 in my rookie dynasty draft instead of Etienne and Lance, or Williams, or whoever else. I'm definitely handcuffed at QB and RB this season, but Chase and Pitts might be #1 at their positions before long.

Will be interesting to see who the Falcons get to replace Ryan over the next couple of years.  Could play a big part on Pitts ascension to #1.  But, with how things are going right now, if you forced me to choose Pitts or Kelce for one game, I would lean towards Pitts until KC figures things out.  

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Will be interesting to see who the Falcons get to replace Ryan over the next couple of years.  Could play a big part on Pitts ascension to #1.  But, with how things are going right now, if you forced me to choose Pitts or Kelce for one game, I would lean towards Pitts until KC figures things out.  

I just saw that Chase broke (shattered) the record for most receiving yard in the first 7 games as a rookie with 754. Broke Anquan Boldin's record of 621. Pitts now has 471 after 6 games, and has an outside shot at getting pretty close to that record of Boldin's. As a TE, that's pretty crazy.

He would probably break Ditka's rookie TE record of 1076 in the 14 games Ditka played. Give him 17, and he's probably going to shatter it.

For 1 game, it would be close between Pitts and Kelce. Kelce is still pretty consistent, but Pitts is such a matchup nightmare. If Pitts has another game or two like he's had the last 2 weeks, I'd give him the nod. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

31 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I just saw that Chase broke (shattered) the record for most receiving yard in the first 7 games as a rookie with 754. Broke Anquan Boldin's record of 621. Pitts now has 471 after 6 games, and has an outside shot at getting pretty close to that record of Boldin's. As a TE, that's pretty crazy.

He would probably break Ditka's rookie TE record of 1076 in the 14 games Ditka played. Give him 17, and he's probably going to shatter it.

For 1 game, it would be close between Pitts and Kelce. Kelce is still pretty consistent, but Pitts is such a matchup nightmare. If Pitts has another game or two like he's had the last 2 weeks, I'd give him the nod. 

All the respect in the world here gang. It's Kelce. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All the respect in the world here gang. It's Kelce. 

I don't really disagree with you big picture, but KC is all over the place, and Pitts is turning into a focal point for Atlanta. For fantasy purposes, 1 game scenario, at this point in time, it's pretty close.

If KC gets their magic back, Kelce for sure, but if I had both, I would have to take some time to consider who to start next week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't really disagree with you big picture, but KC is all over the place, and Pitts is turning into a focal point for Atlanta. For fantasy purposes, 1 game scenario, at this point in time, it's pretty close.

If KC gets their magic back, Kelce for sure, but if I had both, I would have to take some time to consider who to start next week.

Pitts all day, because I got him.

38 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Win streak moves to 6 in a row. I picked up Wentz because 4 starters were on bye  then I listened to @5fouls weather prediction and moved Wentz and got Darmold and the whole 2.2 pts he brought. Thank you Chase for getting it done

Hey now.  Don't throw me under the bus.  I just consulted my English to Fantasy Football dictionary and 'There is going to be a bomb cyclone in San Francisco tonight' does NOT translate to 'Run out and pick up Sam Darnold'.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hey now.  Don't throw me under the bus.  I just consulted my English to Fantasy Football dictionary and 'There is going to be a bomb cyclone in San Francisco tonight' does NOT translate to 'Run out and pick up Sam Darnold'.  :coffee:

You never fail to make me genuinely lol at least once a day. Panic buying for sure at 1256 I needed a QB and TE since Waller might be out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Win streak moves to 6 in a row. I picked up Wentz because 4 starters were on bye  then I listened to @5fouls weather prediction and moved Wentz and got Darmold and the whole 2.2 pts he brought. Thank you Chase for getting it done

I played Darnold in our league...pathetic. I wanted to switch out yesterday morning but didn't. I have more trust in the kid from Texans than Darnold right now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Pitts shouldn't even be listed as a TE. He does not block or basically perform any TE functions. He is a big wideout. I know there are wide degrees of TE's in the league but this is not even a Kelce/Waller type TE. He can get in the way but you don't put him on the line and ask him to block or seal the edge etc like a Gronk or any typical TE. You can put an oversized WR at TE...and call him that...but sorry...not a TE in my eyes.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I played Darnold in our league...pathetic. I wanted to switch out yesterday morning but didn't. I have more trust in the kid from Texans than Darnold right now.

But you expect that....guy sthat played Mahomes against a poor Titans secondary are the true losers today. I mean come on....it's one thing to have an idea that you knew it might not be a great day for your qb....it's another to get just get blindsided by a performance like Patrick's.

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Pitts shouldn't even be listed as a TE. He does not block or basically perform any TE functions. He is a big wideout. I know there are wide degrees of TE's in the league but this is not even a Kelce/Waller type TE. He can get in the way but you don't put him on the line and ask him to block or seal the edge etc like a Gronk or any typical TE. You can put an oversized WR at TE...and call him that...but sorry...not a TE in my eyes.

On Fox pre-game show yesterday, they interviewed Matt Ryan, and he talked about the Falcons having a "position-less offense."  Specifically mentioned Pitts and Cordarelle Patterson as two guys that can line up in multiple places and have a positive impact on their offense. This may be the beginnings of a trend like the Warriors did in the NBA with position-less players. As more and more of these hybrid kind of guys come into the league, other teams will copycat what Atlanta is doing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

On Fox pre-game show yesterday, they interviewed Matt Ryan, and he talked about the Falcons having a "position-less offense."  Specifically mentioned Pitts and Cordarelle Patterson as two guys that can line up in multiple places and have a positive impact on their offense. This may be the beginnings of a trend like the Warriors did in the NBA with position-less players. As more and more of these hybrid kind of guys come into the league, other teams will copycat what Atlanta is doing.

Well...it might. First Atlanta has to win. 3-3 but wins over perhaps 3 of the 4 worst teams in football. They almost lost that game (a big reason is because they can't run the ball consistently). Maybe having a TE that can block and catch would help. 

Overall I agree with certain aspects...but I don't see TB messing with it, Rams, or heck Tenn has the best back in the league and they just line up and run him down your throat. It might be innovative...but I'm not sure it will be successful what Atlanta is doing. Probably more gimmickie than anything...or more out of necessity.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Davante Adams on Covid list. Just as I dodge week 7 bye week stuff my lead dog in fantasy goes down...no clue if he can play Thursday.

If he has been vaccinated then I think he has to test negative two 24 hour periods apart. Would be very very close shave to play Thursday. I'd have a back up plan for sure. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If he has been vaccinated then I think he has to test negative two 24 hour periods apart. Would be very very close shave to play Thursday. I'd have a back up plan for sure. 

Always a backup plan they revolve around names like Jakobi Meyers, Corey Davis and Kadarius Toney....haha.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Always a backup plan they revolve around names like Jakobi Meyers, Corey Davis and Kadarius Toney....haha.

I don't like Davis and Toney. I mean I like Toney but I don't like the injury he had and reinjured. NE plays the Chargers....and that game should be interesting. The volume he gets I'd say he is a wr3....not going to replace Adams (who would) but startable.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't like Davis and Toney. I mean I like Toney but I don't like the injury he had and reinjured. NE plays the Chargers....and that game should be interesting. The volume he gets I'd say he is a wr3....not going to replace Adams (who would) but startable.

2 of my leagues we have very deep benches that make picking up anyone pretty tough. I'll figure something out.

One of my leagues (Full Point PPR) I went Adams, Ridley, Waller, and Godwin with first 4. Adams on Covid, Ridley isn't getting targeted, and Waller on bye next week....and if AB returns it will cut into Godwin. 

Not good!!