Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Are you a Titans fan? 

no...I'm a Colts fan....but I have to say Henry has been one of my favorite guys to watch the past couple years.....I finally got him on my fantasy team and well....yeah I'm bad luck lol. You were right though...too many touches. 👍  I just watched him a lot and how he works out etc..he wasn't like most backs...I know he could take the punishment because of how physical he is and how well he takes care of himself. But like most things in life....your only as strong as your weakest link....and a well the part that you wouldn't expect was the part that gave out.

Edited by dgambill

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just heard Henry is out 6 to 10 weeks. KC's running back out one more week.

Well that means he probably misses the regular season and maybe comes back for playoffs....NFL playoffs...not fantasy lol. I'd have to get incredibly lucky to see him at all. Besides CMC will probably just get hurt again next week and I'll be out both. I still have Mattison if you want to protect Cook....but at this point my best chance to make the playoffs is to hold him and have Cook miss time down the stretch lol.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just heard Henry is out 6 to 10 weeks. KC's running back out one more week.

I haven't checked in our league and I don't think I'm going to do it..I did in one other league with deeper benches....but if you have guys on bye or not playing tonight you can automatically add AP today. Don't wait for waiver wire.

Of course AP is risk no matter what. It's going to be timeshare to start unless they trade for someone in next 24 hours.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't checked in our league and I don't think I'm going to do it..I did in one other league with deeper benches....but if you have guys on bye or not playing tonight you can automatically add AP today. Don't wait for waiver wire.

Of course AP is risk no matter what. It's going to be timeshare to start unless they trade for someone in next 24 hours.

Yahoo has him listed with the Lions lol....even though he is a FA...so he can't be picked up until waivers clear lol. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yahoo has him listed with the Lions lol....even though he is a FA...so he can't be picked up until waivers clear lol. 

I'm down 4+ points in 1 league with Williams, Kelce, and Gano going tonight. Next week Packers/Chiefs is all hands on deck but CEH is supposed to be coming back soon making Williams expendable at some point. I might drop Gano (Tucker is my normal kicker) tonight and add AP...not really sure what I'm going to do yet. At best each Titans back sees 12 carries...but they also face Rams/Saints in next two weeks and that doesn't scream tons of rushing yards. 

I think I'm going to sit the AP chase out unless it's just dumb luck the waiver wire gets to me that late.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know that AP is an athletic freak, but with the amount of carnage there has been at RB this year, why hasn't another team already looked at AP?

I believe he didn't want a back up role...and at this stage in his career he is a JAG and no one was going to make him a feature back. I'd say he will be good for 8-10 carries and 35-40yds....good towards the end zone...but he is not going to have any 20 for 100 games...I'll still would be shocked if the Titans even after adding him don't bring in another back in a trade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know that AP is an athletic freak, but with the amount of carnage there has been at RB this year, why hasn't another team already looked at AP?

My guess is he's only going to a team that has a chance to win. With the Broncos shipping Miller to the Rams today....I won't be surprised if we see two things happen before tomorrow. Gordon gets dealt to either Saints or another team who needs a back who has a shot at playoff run....and wouldn't shock me a bit if Teddy Bridgewater gets dealt to a team like the Saints either. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My guess is he's only going to a team that has a chance to win. With the Broncos shipping Miller to the Rams today....I won't be surprised if we see two things happen before tomorrow. Gordon gets dealt to either Saints or another team who needs a back who has a shot at playoff run....and wouldn't shock me a bit if Teddy Bridgewater gets dealt to a team like the Saints either. 

Along those lines… Phillip Rivers said he might be convinced to lace em back up if the circumstances were right. With Winston going down I wonder if the Saints come calling. He lives close by and the high school he coaches has to be close to done. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@dgambill.  I'm hoping Mahomes favors the more familiar face tonight.  Thought you had me dead to rights when I went to bed last night.  Woke up to see Amari went big for me late in the game.

Welp.  This ain't happening so far.  Kelce has been seriously underachieving after the first 3 weeks.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Along those lines… Phillip Rivers said he might be convinced to lace em back up if the circumstances were right. With Winston going down I wonder if the Saints come calling. He lives close by and the high school he coaches has to be close to done. 

Probably Tayson Hill time. Paying him all that money if he is ever going to be a qb now or never.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Welp.  This ain't happening so far.  Kelce has been seriously underachieving after the first 3 weeks.  

The game flow I thought what the heck when Gore was getting all the red zone work and Mattison was 3rd down back…thought I was done for sure. Giants doubled Kelce all game…finally Mahomes stopped forcing it and checked down to Williams and Reid figured out that you can run the ball against two high safeties lol. I got lucky 

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I know he had the fumble but there 3 times Kelce was wide open and Mahomes went elsewhere. I know great players/teams have bad weeks but this has been going on for a month. 

Us lifelong Kelce owners need him to get at next week vs Packers. Between byes (Bucs) and vacation (Ridley)...I can't take more of this Kelce underperforming in one league.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know he had the fumble but there 3 times Kelce was wide open and Mahomes went elsewhere. I know great players/teams have bad weeks but this has been going on for a month. 

Us lifelong Kelce owners need him to get at next week vs Packers. Between byes (Bucs) and vacation (Ridley)...I can't take more of this Kelce underperforming in one league.

On the first touchdown pass that went to Hill, Mahomes had a much easier throw to Kelce that would have also been a TD.  The chemistry between the two of them just is not there this season.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

On the first touchdown pass that went to Hill, Mahomes had a much easier throw to Kelce that would have also been a TD.  The chemistry between the two of them just is not there this season.  

Giants had him double teamed all night....I think Mahomes was basically just expecting him to be covered and quickly checking off him. The issue was that Kelce even double teamed was still getting open some. Teams basically are playing either two high safeties preventing big plays or cover zero with safeties both doubling Kelce and Hill in obvious pass downs....other guys will have to step up (this is where they miss a guy like Watkins who in the past could make plays) or they will have to check down to the backs or run the ball. Mahomes just doesn't want to do that except when the game was on the line last night. Problem being against a good offense...they would have been so far behind (see Tenn/Bills/Chargers) they got down and had to keep forcing it. Against bad teams like Giants/Was/Eagles they could survive long enough for the plays to happen or stay in the game. Tough road ahead with Packers/LV/Cowboys ahead.

• Like 1

For those that have stashed Michael Thomas it sounds like something is up again. New injury. I've got him in a couple leagues stashed on IR but sadly my IR space is maxed out.

I'll have to go back and check to make sure but I feel like ever since he was still in game week 1 of 2020 vs Bucs when Payton wanted to add one more score while up 11 his career has been derailed.

• Like 1

Didn't realize how good of a year Russell Wilson was having when he got hurt. 10 TDs 1INTs in basically 4 games. Rating and completion % were through the roof. I need him back in my money league lol 

Wentz has gotten me 18p and 20p the two weeks I've started him. I also played Matty Ice for 21p one game, as well. I have Wentz in this week vs Jets. So avg 19.5/20p right now with Russell out. He was getting a little over 22 a game. I need that extra 2.5-3 points a game. He had one bad week of 15.. I think he will avg closer to 25ppg... and in that league with no ppr, an extra 4-6ppg is hugeeeeee. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Didn't realize how good of a year Russell Wilson was having when he got hurt. 10 TDs 1INTs in basically 4 games. Rating and completion % were through the roof. I need him back in my money league lol 

Wentz has gotten me 18p and 20p the two weeks I've started him. I also played Matty Ice for 21p one game, as well. I have Wentz in this week vs Jets. So avg 19.5/20p right now with Russell out. He was getting a little over 22 a game. I need that extra 2.5-3 points a game. He had one bad week of 15.. I think he will avg closer to 25ppg... and in that league with no ppr, an extra 4-6ppg is hugeeeeee. 

Trust me. We need Wilson back badly! Have him in this league and one other. Started off 4-0 in both with Wilson and Montgomery. Both went down and now I'm 4-4 in both leagues. Sounds like he's back in week 10. Hopefully just in time to make push down the stretch!

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. We need Wilson back badly! Have him in this league and one other. Started off 4-0 in both with Wilson and Montgomery. Both went down and now I'm 4-4 in both leagues. Sounds like he's back in week 10. Hopefully just in time to make push down the stretch!

I'm 6-2. Half game out of first, so obviously he would kind of solidify my team. 

RB1- A Jones

Flex- Lamb

WR1- Hill

WR2- Kupp

TE-Goedert

Colts D

Matt Gay

WR-Jeudy, Shepard

RB- Montgomery, Pollard, Mattison, Dillon

TE- Ertz 

Someone dropped Montgomery after his injury. Easy pick up and stash for me. Assuming everyone is healthy... I need him for one week when Jones is one bye. Montgomery's 2nd or 3rd game back vs AZ. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm 6-2. Half game out of first, so obviously he would kind of solidify my team. 

RB1- A Jones

Flex- Lamb

WR1- Hill

WR2- Kupp

TE-Goedert

Colts D

Matt Gay

WR-Jeudy, Shepard

RB- Montgomery, Pollard, Mattison, Dillon

TE- Ertz 

Someone dropped Montgomery after his injury. Easy pick up and stash for me. Assuming everyone is healthy... I need him for one week when Jones is one bye. Montgomery's 2nd or 3rd game back vs AZ. 

Wow. That's a title winning team. Assuming you drafted Jones, Hill at the turn...probably Wilson/Kupp at the next turn....great adding Montgomer (can't believe someone would drop him)....only thing that should keep you from title game is what drives us crazy in fantasy. Just dumb luck!

• Like 2