Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Standing's after Week 11 after KDB's league.  3 weeks left.  This is going to be a battle.  We likely have 6 teams fighting for 3 playoff spots (all those teams at 6-5 or 5-6).  But, @tdhoosier, @KDB, and @mrflynn03better count on winning out.  They would likely lose out to the others based on total points in any tie-breaker.  High score for the week was @btownqbwith 180.08.

image.png.253dfb85104515da41bfe45a6916ea8d.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Standing's after Week 11 after KDB's league.  3 weeks left.  This is going to be a battle.  We likely have 6 teams fighting for 3 playoff spots (all those teams at 6-5 or 5-6).  But, @tdhoosier, @KDB, and @mrflynn03better count on winning out.  They would likely lose out to the others based on total points in any tie-breaker.  High score for the week was @btownqbwith 180.08.

I've not paid attention.. 6 playoff spots, top 2 get byes, starts week 14? 

Is that how we're doing it? 

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've not paid attention.. 6 playoff spots, top 2 get byes, starts week 14? 

Is that how we're doing it? 

6 spots.  Top 2 seeds get byes, but starting Week 15.  remember, there are 18 weeks this year.  So, the playoffs will be 15, 16, & 17.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

2nd highest points for the week and lose once again. Every week in this league it seems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, 5fouls said:

I guess it does not matter who you play, but when you play them.  :D

image.png.fc279b85f92c75dd80e2a778384d9bd4.png

image.png.e4376409cf34dd71498bb37e2fbf5c8c.png

To be fair 146 would likely win your matchup probably 4 out of every 5 weeks. Imagine if you would have played Elijah Moore? I thought for sure you would have put him in your lineup with Cooper out with Covid. Guy has been white hot!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

To be fair 146 would likely win your matchup probably 4 out of every 5 weeks. Imagine if you would have played Elijah Moore? I thought for sure you would have put him in your lineup with Cooper out with Covid. Guy has been white hot!

I did not trust Joe Flacco.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I get that lol....to be fair he's had like 4 different qbs the last 5 weeks and he has put up numbers with them all. That said he is back to Zach Wilson now....is that an upgrade over Flacco?? lol

Well, to be fair, Dionte Johnson and Darnell Mooney did very well for me at WR.  Yeah, I could have played him at flex, but Montgomery, Gaskin, and Gibson were good options as well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Well, to be fair, Dionte Johnson and Darnell Mooney did very well for me at WR.  Yeah, I could have played him at flex, but Montgomery, Gaskin, and Gibson were good options as well.  

Oh no doubt...your going to have trouble figuring out which way to go with those options. Johnson was a surprise because the Chargers pass D has been really good this year. You love to have depth during the season with byes, injuries, matchups....but down the stretch sometimes it's just nice to not have a decision to make and ride your horses....but man we are seeing some guys get hot and make some decisions very tough. You never want to go home in the playoffs with your stud sitting on the bench but this is also the time of year that many of these younger pass catchers start really working their way into the game plans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

How did he not make a move earlier in the year when a couple of those guys were playing well to get a rb? Just poor planning I guess.

He had D Henry.. then had E Mitchell once DH went down. Tried Jeff Wilson last week.. didn't work. Remember.. we only have to play one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Ah...these leagues with the unusual roster setups. Make for some interesting scenarios for sure.

Right. So... truthfully he was doing exactly what he should, RB waiver was scarce anyway... so 

He had DH every week except for bye, then was going to use Elijah Mitchell- 2 guys for 1 spot. 

Plus he had Pitt, Jefferson, M Brown, M Williams, and DJ Moore to rotate at 3 spots depending on injury, matchup, and byes. 

Plus he had Kittle and Herbet. 

Solid roster, just DH and EM both got hurt. 

22 hours ago, Indykev said:

2nd highest points for the week and lose once again. Every week in this league it seems.

Truthfully.. I went into Monday assuming Brady would throw 3TDs to M Evans and it would come down to the wire. 

I had TBD in our league but played against them in my money league. Won that one by 2, somehow. 

I had CeeDee. Woof 

• Haha 1

My wife started playing fantasy last year in a league I was in because they needed someone... she didn't know what she was doing and ended up .500... she marginally liked it at that point. But I was doing most the behind the scenes work to keep her competitive, she just simply didn't know what she was doing. 

Told her in July she needs to get in an ESPN free league and make all the decisions and do all the scouting or whatever you want to call it and I thought she'd really enjoy it. 

She's currently 8-3.. lost last week because she played Dan Arnold over Goedert since he had been hurt. She was livid. 🤣🤣.. only person I know more competitive than I am lol 

Anyways.. she's absolutely loving it now and I think we are going to try and find her a money league this year. 

She bounces ideas off me... and I usually reply with "that's your decision" 🤣🤣.. except this week she wanted to play Newton at QB vs the defense she was going to start. Had to put that one to a stop. Lol 

Edited by btownqb

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My wife started playing fantasy last year in a league I was in because they needed someone... she didn't know what she was doing and ended up .500... she marginally liked it at that point. But I was doing most the behind the scenes work to keep her competitive, she just simply didn't know what she was doing. 

Told her in July she needs to get in an ESPN free league and make all the decisions and do all the scouting or whatever you want to call it and I thought she'd really enjoy it. 

She's currently 8-3.. lost last week because she played Dan Arnold over Goedert since he had been hurt. She was livid. 🤣🤣.. only person I know more competitive than I am lol 

Anyways.. she's absolutely loving it now and I think we are going to try and find her a money league this year. 

She bounces ideas off me... and I usually reply with "that's your decision" 🤣🤣.. except this week she wanted to play Newton at QB vs the defense she was going to start. Had to put that one to a stop. Lol 

My wife and 81 year old Mother In Law are in one of our fantasy leagues, pickem contests for $, and survivor pools....and they never like to lose at anything. If there's an argument in our house it's typically around 73O EST on Sunday night when the 3rd or 4th upset of the day happens.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Last 5 weeks... he is a top 5 WR right? I understand your hesitation. Just asking. 

I ended up with him in our league. He saved me last week. Been searching for WR2 all year with M Thomas never coming through. 

It's worth noting that I just picked up Moore after Week 9 and I have Amari Cooper on the roster as well. 

D. Johnson plays every week he's healthy, regardless of whether it's Ben or Mason Rudolph.  He's going to get 10+ targets most weeks. 

So, while the argument can be made that I could/should have played Moore over Mooney based on recent performance, I was hoping to take advantage of Fields' continued improvement and A. Robinson being out for a big week from Mooney.  And, I got that big week from Mooney.  

Week 7-10 (Moore)

image.png.a5ae6b628a9918dfbd4826612d633b14.png

Week 7-10 (D. Johnson)

image.png.f48db15118557fdd655594ee8c0561ef.png

Week 7-10 (Mooney)

image.png.b756b4bb278f4790c5d2cc5118716df6.png

• Like 2