Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's going to force his way out after this season and I'll gladly take him matched up with Fields. Metcalf grew up a Bears fan and said he always dreamed of playing there.

That whole team is going to be torn apart. Wilson is gone too probably. Can't think Carroll has anything left to contribute either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He's going to force his way out after this season and I'll gladly take him matched up with Fields. Metcalf grew up a Bears fan and said he always dreamed of playing there.

If the Bears trading for DK means they don’t resign ARob I am all for it. I want him in blue next season across from Pittman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If the Bears trading for DK means they don’t resign ARob I am all for it. I want him in blue next season across from Pittman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

He'd be perfect for the Colts and would cheer for him personally with that move as well as cheer for the Colts. Bears just have made him almost useless going on 2 years. Time for a change of scenery. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Is this one of those 'find three differences' challenges?

38 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Big week for me. I have Swift, Cook and Waller out. Bench needs to step in. 6 teams in the hunt for 4 playoff spots

Can't decide to go with Zeke or Pollard

I historically hate Thursday night games for borderline plays. If Zeke starts you play him no matter what even against a really good rush D. 

Plenty of us are on the Pollard fence for sure. Don't know just yet what I'm going to do with him. Wish the Cowboys would just do us all a favor and sit Zeke on short week and let Pollard give it a go. In my two cent opinion the drop off from Zeke to Pollard isn't much and in the pass catching game Pollard is better.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I historically hate Thursday night games for borderline plays. If Zeke starts you play him no matter what even against a really good rush D. 

Plenty of us are on the Pollard fence for sure. Don't know just yet what I'm going to do with him. Wish the Cowboys would just do us all a favor and sit Zeke on short week and let Pollard give it a go. In my two cent opinion the drop off from Zeke to Pollard isn't much and in the pass catching game Pollard is better.

Pollard has juice...but Zeke get's the goal line work mostly. They basically cancel each other out. I think Pollard is pretty darn good....but defenses don't key on him when he is in there like they do Zeke. Zeke avgs almost a half defender more per carry in the box and runs almost in 24% stacked boxes while Pollard faces only 16% stacked boxes. It's why he is and looks so much more productive. Ask him to be the bell cow and he would be no where near as effective. I can't say which to play but the system works having them both spelling each other and bring their strengths to the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Pollard has juice...but Zeke get's the goal line work mostly. They basically cancel each other out. I think Pollard is pretty darn good....but defenses don't key on him when he is in there like they do Zeke. Zeke avgs almost a half defender more per carry in the box and runs almost in 24% stacked boxes while Pollard faces only 16% stacked boxes. It's why he is and looks so much more productive. Ask him to be the bell cow and he would be no where near as effective. I can't say which to play but the system works having them both spelling each other and bring their strengths to the team.

Really good information there. Didn't know the %'s but thank you!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really good information there. Didn't know the %'s but thank you!

No problem. I don't think it does much of a dang thing to solve anyone's delimma lol. Probably need to talk to McCarthy about the game script and even then it will change as the game moves along. There is a ton of analytics out there obviously in today's world. Some of it is very good and some is just numbers that don't translate much to what is happening on the field. I don't study the Cowboys like some might...but it's obvious that Pollard has an extra break away gear....but it's also obvious that Zeke does a ton of grinding out of yards and tough carries. The defense does change based on who is in the game and down and distance etc. I do think teams will start to change up how they defend Pollard but he has definitely benefited from the attention they pay to Zeke and how he is being used in that system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Are they going to limit Zekes touches. I need to KNOW. I just can't sit him and start Pollard but I am worried 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have Pollard as well and considering playing him because my options are limited. Cooper is coming back this week which may take away some of the pass game touches Pollard would get.

Still deciding, and doesn’t help that they play Thursday 

I don't want to play Pollard if Zeke gets his normal touches, but if he is limited I want Pollard 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Are they going to limit Zekes touches. I need to KNOW. I just can't sit him and start Pollard but I am worried 

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/30/dallas-cowboys-vs-new-orleans-saints-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-2021-week-13-injury-update/

Question is do you trust Jerry Jones?? I don't lol. I think the plan will be very similar to what we've seen the past 4 weeks. 10-14 carries....3-4 catches and to get the goal line work. Probably 45-50 yards rushing...3 catches for 18 and a TD. Obviously that TD is the make or break thing.....you go from 10 pts to 16 pts realistically. That's my guess. Do you think even with Pollard's extra juice he is going to get into the end zone? He may get more yardage....but even if he ends up with similar yardage total 65-70 on more catches 5-6....is he going to get into the end zone??? Without a TD he is probably sitting around 12/13. I think a greater chance is more yardage and catches from Pollard...but Zeke has a much larger chance to cash in on a TD. Saints have a really good run defense. I don't see either going off for a big night honestly...if Zeke had missed time I might lean Pollard but he got in 3 full practices this week. The knee is bothering him...but he is still the horse.

Fyi...I usually don't give sit/start advice...I guess wrong way too often. All I'm saying is I don't see a major shift in that backfield over what you've seen the past several weeks. I don't see much changing. What they've been doing is likely what will happen again. I don't seeing it flipping scoring wise.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/30/dallas-cowboys-vs-new-orleans-saints-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-2021-week-13-injury-update/

Question is do you trust Jerry Jones?? I don't lol. I think the plan will be very similar to what we've seen the past 4 weeks. 10-14 carries....3-4 catches and to get the goal line work. Probably 45-50 yards rushing...3 catches for 18 and a TD. Obviously that TD is the make or break thing.....you go from 10 pts to 16 pts realistically. That's my guess. Do you think even with Pollard's extra juice he is going to get into the end zone? He may get more yardage....but even if he ends up with similar yardage total 65-70 on more catches 5-6....is he going to get into the end zone??? Without a TD he is probably sitting around 12/13. I think a greater chance is more yardage and catches from Pollard...but Zeke has a much larger chance to cash in on a TD. Saints have a really good run defense. I don't see either going off for a big night honestly...if Zeke had missed time I might lean Pollard but he got in 3 full practices this week. The knee is bothering him...but he is still the horse.

Fyi...I usually don't give sit/start advice...I guess wrong way too often. All I'm saying is I don't see a major shift in that backfield over what you've seen the past several weeks. I don't see much changing. What they've been doing is likely what will happen again. I don't seeing it flipping scoring wise.

Thank you. Gonna ride Zeke

• Haha 1

Just now, Indykev said:

QB? Hill

I picked him up last week, or maybe even the week before that.  Needed him to cover Hurts' bye week in case Fields was still out.  But, decided to play him this week since Hurts has been underwhelming lately.  Man, if it wasn't for those three 4th quarter picks, it would have been an absolutely huge night.  

I really hope the finger injury isn't too bad.  It had already happened before I got to sit down and watch.  If he doesn't play next week, with Hurts out, and Fields iffy, I'm up sheet creek.  

• Like 1