Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Congratulations to all that made the playoffs.  Despite falling short of the playoffs, I had a great time, and look forward to getting some revenge next season.

For those others that did not make the playoffs, @tdhoosier, @mrflynn03, @KDB, @Steubenhoosier, @BeerBQ, @bluegrassIU; @Billingsley99, @PAHoosier, @Leathernecks, @ledies22

The plan is to have a couple of leagues again next year.  If any, any/all of you are interested in playing again, I have some ideas on how to restructure the team distribution next year and going forward,  I will be outline it in more detail after the playoffs.  No commitments will be necessary until June or so, but wanted to let you know the plan is to do this again.

Thanks again for playing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have to be the worst 1 seed to ever make the playoffs lol. Every week someone get's injured and I start some stiff and luckily squeek out a win against someone having a bad week. I will survive another week because of the bye but unless a miracle it will all come to a crashing end soon after. In my other yahoo league I've got a stacked team but just barely made the playoffs...however would be surprised if I don't win it all. That said my goal was to make the HSN premeir league next year and I've accomplished my goal!! Thanks @5fouls

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Shouldn't really matter - you two I think will play for the rights to first loser either way 🙃

Time will tell for sure. My 4 losses this year happened to coincide with Wilson/Montgomery being out. Really like your team though and I like my week 16 and 17 matchups. Should be a fun finish!

• Like 1

Most Cooper Kupp owners are probably on bye this week. In one league though we started playoffs last week and this week I'm going up against Kupp. With Odell testing positive....and dozens other around the league there's going to be some nervous fantasy owners all week until they know for sure who is playing. 

I have to go find a WR on waivers but I can't do it yet. Only allow 30 transactions per year and I'm on 28 with two weeks to go I hope. Can't pick a guy up and find out he's positive on Friday....going to be a busy Sunday morning.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Most Cooper Kupp owners are probably on bye this week. In one league though we started playoffs last week and this week I'm going up against Kupp. With Odell testing positive....and dozens other around the league there's going to be some nervous fantasy owners all week until they know for sure who is playing. 

I have to go find a WR on waivers but I can't do it yet. Only allow 30 transactions per year and I'm on 28 with two weeks to go I hope. Can't pick a guy up and find out he's positive on Friday....going to be a busy Sunday morning.

FYI to those out there...there is a Thursday night game obviously....but also TWO Saturday games this week!!! For those that set their schedules late (and wanting to know for start/sit). Something very important to consider!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

FYI to those out there...there is a Thursday night game obviously....but also TWO Saturday games this week!!! For those that set their schedules late (and wanting to know for start/sit). Something very important to consider!

Thanks for the heads up.

Then again, I'm not in the playoffs.

Thanks for rubbing it in 

%$^& %$%% it.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If anyone see that Waller Mitchell or Swift are out please let me know. Starting to get concerned 

From my injury riddled HSN team

image.png.607a9f010c72b33abfa54a964076e358.png

Elijah Mitchell (concussion, knee) DNP Wednesday
Elijah Mitchell (concussion, knee) did not practice Wednesday.

Advice: Mitchell entered concussion protocol after Week 13 and did not practice at all last week. In his absence, Jeff Wilson rushed 13 times for 56 yards versus the Bengals. Wilson didn't see a target. JaMycal Hasty took over work on passing downs and saw three targets but no carries. Wilson would be a middling-RB3 option if Mitchell is forced out of the lineup again this week. NBCSportsEDGE.com Today, 2:46 pm

• Thanks 1

You know what's really hard?  Looking at my teams and realizing my defense this week in one of my leagues is  New Orleans (against Tampa Bay).  

The competitor in me really, really, wants to go to the waiver wire and grab a new one so I get the best score possible even though I'm eliminated, but that's not fair to those of you in the playoffs.

And, I have Myles Gaskin likely coming off the Covid list in both leagues, and I would love to put him in my lineup for his game against the Jets.  But, in one of the leagues, he's on IR and I would have to drop someone to free up the roster spot.  That doesn't seem like the right thing to do either.  

Edited by 5fouls

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well I don’t play this week either…but I know the Colts play on Saturday and would hate if someone set their roster late after those Colts were off on bye this week.

Don't worry - I have JT and Pittman and I'm on bye this week.

Must have been nice to play me without them last week, @Seeking6 :coffee:

Edited by KoB2011
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You know what's really hard?  Looking at my teams and realizing my defense this week in one of my leagues is  New Orleans (against Tampa Bay).  

The competitor in me really, really, wants to go to the waiver wire and grab a new one so I get the best score possible even though I'm eliminated, but that's not fair to those of you in the playoffs.

And, I have Myles Gaskin likely coming off the Covid list in both leagues, and I would love to put him in my lineup for his game against the Jets.  But, in one of the leagues, he's on IR and I would have to drop someone to free up the roster spot.  That doesn't seem like the right thing to do either.  

Mash squad lol. At this point you just have to play to win week to week....there is no tomorrow if you don't win. Sucks but just is the truth.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You should absolutely do both of those things. 

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Mash squad lol. At this point you just have to play to win week to week....there is no tomorrow if you don't win. Sucks but just is the truth.

Oh, I'm going to outscore my opponent this week, and for the next couple of weeks as well.  Of that, I have no doubt.  See below.

My concern is that if I continue to be active on waivers, I could take away a player that a playoff team wanted/needed.  Or, on the flip side, if I drop someone in order to activate a player from IR just to maximize my points against a 'Bye', I've added a player back to the pool that could be a league winner for someone else if the right injury occurs.

image.png.edd426b7227f2cd92122bbce6b31cba3.png