Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

1. He scored 1. Lol 

But remember the post I orginally quoted you "guys who were struggling came through" 

I was just adding A Jones did not lol :(

Wow...not even half point ppr. Yeah....for sure if you were counting on a bigger day like he was avg early in the season he didn't for sure. Without the PPR 5 receptions no doubt he didn't come through.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow...not even half point ppr. Yeah....for sure if you were counting on a bigger day like he was avg early in the season he didn't for sure. Without the PPR 5 receptions no doubt he didn't come through.

Yep. And again opponent went off, but if A Jones gets 11 and T Hill 9.. which are both lowww numbers, I'm down 1/3 of what I am now. Is what is, I lost. No biggie. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rico said:

The Dolphins' defense shutting down NOLA, specifically Kamara, propelled me to the championship in my fishing league.

Sounds like you are in for a really good fantasy year.....something tells me your a fantasy football ringer! You pretend to be all shucks...woa is me earlier...then you bamboozled all of us!!

• Haha 1

It's going to be @ricovs @Parakeet Jonesfor the Championship in Kev's league as the top 2 seeds go down with little more than a whimper.  The early Vegas line has Rico listed as the favorite at (-5.5).  At one point, Rico was 0-5 in the season and had little hope for the playoffs, let alone the Championship.  But, he took advantage of the generosity of his league opponents to snag Jonathan Taylor with the first pick of the 2nd round of the draft, and paired him with the dynamic Buffalo duo of Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs, and has ridden the tidal wave of points, pounding his opponents into submission virtually every week since that slow start.

image.png.77eaa197f104a17d440a65c99706d704.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In KDB's league, it's @Hoosier51vs @btownqbfor the Championship as, once again, the top 2 seeds appeared to come out flat coming off the bye week.  The early Vegas line has made Btownqb as the early favorite at (-2.5).  Hoosier51 is led by the reliable quartet of Josh Allen, Josh, Jefferson, Mark Andrews, and Hunter Renfrow.  Meanwhile, Btownqb has relied on a plug and play strategy behind regular contributors Jalen Hurts, Ja'Marr Chase, and Nick Chubb.  

image.png.8f04f723f3c2af08affb8bcfefc4d914.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's going to be @ricovs @Parakeet Jonesfor the Championship in Kev's league as the top 2 seeds go down with little more than a whimper.  The early Vegas line has Rico listed as the favorite at (-5.5).  At one point, Rico was 0-5 in the season and had little hope for the playoffs, let alone the Championship.  But, he took advantage of the generosity of his league opponents to snag Jonathan Taylor with the first pick of the 2nd round of the draft, and paired him with the dynamic Buffalo duo of Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs, and has ridden the tidal wave of points, pounding his opponents into submission virtually every week since that slow start.

Did you just put a hex on me?  lol

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Thanks a lot Belicheck you choking defense and Matt Stafford for your excellence this weekend.  Oh and me leaving about 40 points on the bench.  

A lot easier to swallow in a free league but I blew it.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

In KDB's league, it's @Hoosier51vs @btownqbfor the Championship as, once again, the top 2 seeds appeared to come out flat coming off the bye week.  The early Vegas line has made Btownqb as the early favorite at (-2.5).  Hoosier51 is led by the reliable quartet of Josh Allen, Josh, Jefferson, Mark Andrews, and Hunter Renfrow.  Meanwhile, Btownqb has relied on a plug and play strategy behind regular contributors Jalen Hurts, Ja'Marr Chase, and Nick Chubb.  

image.png.8f04f723f3c2af08affb8bcfefc4d914.png

The definition of plug and play for about 7 weeks now lol 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

@rico  just wondering how many different starting lineups you have used this year...outside of byes. I think you probably have made the fewest transactions in the league haven't you? Not really had to move your starting lineup around much. 

Actually, the fewest transactions award goes to @bluegrassIU.  :coffee:

image.png.c6b52bf4afa62ea9b9e459e2a3918554.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Actually, the fewest transactions award goes to @bluegrassIU.  :coffee:

image.png.c6b52bf4afa62ea9b9e459e2a3918554.png

I know a few people didn't really play the whole year...anyways I'd say Rico has had a big portion of his lineup that hasn't really changed much...mostly a flex here and maybe switch around a guy for a bye....been pretty consistent. I may have to keep that in mind next year....avoiding guys with high upside but are injury prone or inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I know a few people didn't really play the whole year...anyways I'd say Rico has had a big portion of his lineup that hasn't really changed much...mostly a flex here and maybe switch around a guy for a bye....been pretty consistent. I may have to keep that in mind next year....avoiding guys with high upside but are injury prone or inconsistent.

Gotta give a lot of credit to Rico to sticking with his team.  I proposed a pretty big trade to him after Week 3 or 4 (he had not won yet) that I felt could help both of our teams.  He declined, and his exact quote was "Nah, I will just lie in the bed I made."  It was either strong belief in his team, or he thought I was trying to swindle him since he was down.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

@rico  just wondering how many different starting lineups you have used this year...outside of byes. I think you probably have made the fewest transactions in the league haven't you? Not really had to move your starting lineup around much. 

Can't really answer your questions.  Never kept track or count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Gotta give a lot of credit to Rico to sticking with his team.  I proposed a pretty big trade to him after Week 3 or 4 (he had not won yet) that I felt could help both of our teams.  He declined, and his exact quote was "Nah, I will just lie in the bed I made."  It was either strong belief in his team, or he thought I was trying to swindle him since he was down.   

LOL.  I remember that!  I said somewhere in here I just couldn't believe I was losing with the team I had.  Fortunately for me things came together.

• Like 3

I’m in two leagues this year and I’m in the championship game in both this weekend. The irony is, one of my top players on my HSN team is on my opponent’s team in my other league. Also, I have Jonathan Taylor in my other league but I’m playing against him in the HSN league. Hopefully I win at least one of the two this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m in two leagues this year and I’m in the championship game in both this weekend. The irony is, one of my top players on my HSN team is on my opponent’s team in my other league. Also, I have Jonathan Taylor in my other league but I’m playing against him in the HSN league. Hopefully I win at least one of the two this weekend. 

That is why I only limit myself to 4 leagues now....and might go less...just tiring when I'm always competing against myself lol.