Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Non-HSN league and would like some advice.  Has to do with the 2 QB league I discussed a few days ago.  Full PPR.  I can start 5 of the following 6 players

Cook vs. Bengals (no question that Dalvin will be one of the 5 that I start)

Chubb vs. Chiefs (game in KC.  If Cleveland falls behind and is forced to pass.....)

Zeke vs. Bucs (I'm considering this because of the matchup, but my brain can't process sitting Zeke)

A. Robinson vs. Rams (Andy Dalton at QB)

C. Godwin vs. Cowboys (He was on injury report with a quad, but was removed today.  Cowboys defense vs. risk the injury will flare up)

Julio Jones vs. Cards (Drafted to be on my bench, but will Tennessee want to showcase their big acquisition against a bad secondary?)

There seems to be a legit reason to sit any of them except Cook.  But, common sense also tells me none of them should be on the bench. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Non-HSN league and would like some advice.  Has to do with the 2 QB league I discussed a few days ago.  Full PPR.  I can start 5 of the following 6 players

Chubb vs. Chiefs (game in KC.  If Cleveland falls behind and is forced to pass.....)

Zeke vs. Bucs (I'm considering this because of the matchup, but my brain can't process sitting Zeke)

C. Godwin vs. Cowboys (He was on injury report with a quad, but was removed today.  Cowboys defense vs. risk the injury will flare up)

Julio Jones vs. Cards (Drafted to be on my bench, but will Tennessee want to showcase their big acquisition against a bad secondary?)

There seems to be a legit reason to sit any of them except Cook.  But, common sense also tells me none of them should be on the bench. 

Thoughts?

Cook is wife #1 against which all others are compared. You are still star crossed and have to play him

Chubb is wife # 2 who came charging like a bull in a China shop to erase all vestiges of wife 1. No subtlety. Play him and hope his aggressiveness pays off.

Zeke is needy wife, whichever that was. “Feed me.” If Cowboys’ defense can’t stop New England, Dak will have to throw it a lot. Zeke won’t get fed.

Robinson and Godwin are forgotten wives , somewhere between 4-7 and lost in the shuffle. Probably more valuable than you think. Play one but sit the other. Can’t have two wallflowers at the same time 

Julio is diva wife. Past prime but won’t admit it. Play him early in the season before he wears out, and wears on you, just like a diva.

😁😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Thoughts?

Go with the first 5. I get all of your concerns but when you draft stars....you play them no matter what. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Cook is wife #1 against which all others are compared. You are still star crossed and have to play him

Chubb is wife # 2 who came charging like a bull in a China shop to erase all vestiges of wife 1. No subtlety. Play him and hope his aggressiveness pays off.

Zeke is needy wife, whichever that was. “Feed me.” If Cowboys’ defense can’t stop New England, Dak will have to throw it a lot. Zeke won’t get fed.

Robinson and Godwin are forgotten wives , somewhere between 4-7 and lost in the shuffle. Probably more valuable than you think. Play one but sit the other. Can’t have two wallflowers at the same time 

Julio is diva wife. Past prime but won’t admit it. Play him early in the season before he wears out, and wears on you, just like a diva.

😁😁😁😁

Julio is a sell high prospect imo. If/when the time comes and he has a hot stretch of football...I would look to move/package him for a more consistent upgrade. You get no points for guys on your bench....many times I'll go two for one hoping for even a slight upgrade at a starting position. Depth is over rated in fantasy football in my opinion. Might also be because my old adage of best ability is availability. I tend to stick to known performers who don't miss time over guys with high ceilings but injury histories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Question for my other league. Would you start Swift at hone vs SF or Mostert at Detroit?  I keep going back and forth, I don't have either of those teams QB

As a Swift owner, I would recommend Mostert.  Just not getting good vibes that Swift is 100% or will have a full workload if he does play.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Been adding Williams in other $$ leagues last 10 minutes. Good work by those who scooped him up. No clue if it's going to be Williams, Bell or Latavius Murray in coming weeks or what I guessed 10 days ago...a nightmare of RBCC.

KDB beat me to Williams in his league.  He was still out there in Kev's, but I decided to grab Bell in both,  I don't know anything about Williams pass-catching ability, but Bell has went over 60 receptions 4 times in his career, twice over 80.  Have to think he will be the primary receiving back out of the backfield once he learns the playbook.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

KDB beat me to Williams in his league.  He was still out there in Kev's, but I decided to grab Bell in both,  I don't know anything about Williams pass-catching ability, but Bell has went over 60 receptions 4 times in his career, twice over 80.  Have to think he will be the primary receiving back out of the backfield once he learns the playbook.

Or Latavius Murray. That whole situation is going to be a mess in a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Or Latavius Murray. That whole situation is going to be a mess in a couple of weeks.

I always considered Murray to be more of a runner than a receiving back.  Now, Kamara may have had something to do with that.  If Bell has his head on straight (big ask), I have to think he will be the receiver even if Murray comes on board.  

A downstream impact is whether or not this increases Lamar's value.  May force him to run even more.  Or, will they dial back his running to protect him from injury.

The team is built to run, so whoever comes out on top of the RB scrum will be valuable.  Even if they split the load, there could be decent value with as much as they run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I always considered Murray to be more of a runner than a receiving back.  Now, Kamara may have had something to do with that.  If Bell has his head on straight (big ask), I have to think he will be the receiver even if Murray comes on board.  

A downstream impact is whether or not this increases Lamar's value.  May force him to run even more.  Or, will they dial back his running to protect him from injury.

The team is built to run, so whoever comes out on top of the RB scrum will be valuable.  Even if they split the load, there could be decent value with as much as they run.

I had Williams already in 2 leagues...trying to decide what to do in a couple other leagues. One league we only allow 25 roster moves per year so you can't just claim everyone in the world all the time.....and in the other league Williams might be a one week answer but Bell or Murray or Gurley or someone is going to be there soon to gobble up touches. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had Williams already in 2 leagues...trying to decide what to do in a couple other leagues. One league we only allow 25 roster moves per year so you can't just claim everyone in the world all the time.....and in the other league Williams might be a one week answer but Bell or Murray or Gurley or someone is going to be there soon to gobble up touches. 

There is a specific player on a different NFL team (already rostered in both HSN leagues) that I think might be a trade candidate for Baltimore, and who is likely available.  The guy would have more upside than Williams, Bell, Murray, or Gurley.  It might be a question of whether Baltimore is willing to overpay for him though.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is a specific player on a different NFL team (already rostered in both HSN leagues) that I think might be a trade candidate for Baltimore, and who is likely available.  The guy would have more upside than Williams, Bell, Murray, or Gurley.  It might be a question of whether Baltimore is willing to overpay for him though.  

Added him in two leagues just in case that have large benches. I'm with you....but I don't want to make the move in our league until I know for sure Edwards is done.

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Is this player coming off a significant injury

Ummmm.......

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/09/09/social-media-erupts-over-insane-rumor-of-dandre-swift-being-implicated-in-a-murder-tweets/

NFL insider Dave Kluge reportedly called Philadelphia police and spoke with an officer in the Commissioner’s Office. He was told that an anonymous tip came in months ago that implicated the Detroit Lions player in a murder.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ummmm.......

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/09/09/social-media-erupts-over-insane-rumor-of-dandre-swift-being-implicated-in-a-murder-tweets/

NFL insider Dave Kluge reportedly called Philadelphia police and spoke with an officer in the Commissioner’s Office. He was told that an anonymous tip came in months ago that implicated the Detroit Lions player in a murder.

Serious stuff concerning Swift.....those comments had me rolling on the floor.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Holy good night for @dgambill

Unfortunately....I despise TB....but I'm not stupid. Barring injuries the TB offense is going to be in for a huge season. That said it was against the Cowboy defense...so I was expecting big weeks from those guys.

The fact that Brady, Gronk, and AB are going so late in drafts was absurd.

Edited by dgambill

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Unfortunately....I despise TB....but I'm not stupid. Barring injuries the TB offense is going to be in for a huge season. That said it was against the Cowboy defense...so I was expecting big weeks from those guys.

The fact that Brady, Gronk, and AB are going so late in drafts was absurd.

Lots of happy fans this morning breathing a sigh of relief about targets. I have Godwin in a couple leagues. Been on him for 3 years now...but sure was nervous about him. Last night calmed those fears. Same goes for all the Cowboy fans out there too. Dak looked great...and Cooper, Lamb and even Gallup saw tons of targets too. 

Only player last night that didn't do anything was Zeke. 40 yards. One sneaky good play for folks in salary cap or FanDuel leagues at TE was Dalton Schultz. Dak looked very comfortable checking down to him vs RB's out of backfield.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of happy fans this morning breathing a sigh of relief about targets. I have Godwin in a couple leagues. Been on him for 3 years now...but sure was nervous about him. Last night calmed those fears. Same goes for all the Cowboy fans out there too. Dak looked great...and Cooper, Lamb and even Gallup saw tons of targets too. 

Only player last night that didn't do anything was Zeke. 40 yards. One sneaky good play for folks in salary cap or FanDuel leagues at TE was Dalton Schultz. Dak looked very comfortable checking down to him vs RB's out of backfield.

Mike Evans was nonexistent last night. I only remember one pass thrown his way, right at the end of the game. I have had him in previous years and he’s done pretty well for me. Clearly last night Godwin and Groningen were the targets 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mike Evans was nonexistent last night. I only remember one pass thrown his way, right at the end of the game. I have had him in previous years and he’s done pretty well for me. Clearly last night Godwin and Groningen were the targets 

Had a few drops early on and seemed like Brady just went elsewhere. If I know anything about QB's and their WR's...Evans will hit huge next week! Reggie Wayne spoke at an event here in Indy a couple years ago and he said if Marvin or Edge or Dallas Clark had big games....first thing he did after the game was calling Peyton and telling him he needs multiple TD's next week. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1