Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Playing Robbie Anderson in one league and going against DJ Moore in the other,  Head bangs against wall.  

Don't get the fall off for Robbie at all. 

Just starting week 3 and another RB is injured. I have zero data to back this up but it just seems like over the past 5 years you can book 1-2 injuries to top 5 RB's every single year. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't get the fall off for Robbie at all. 

Just starting week 3 and another RB is injured. I have zero data to back this up but it just seems like over the past 5 years you can book 1-2 injuries to top 5 RB's every single year. 

Darnold is not even looking his way.  He had 2-3 plays in the first half where he was wide open down the field and Darnold went underneath for the 8 yard gain.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Darnold is not even looking his way.  He had 2-3 plays in the first half where he was wide open down the field and Darnold went underneath for the 8 yard gain.  

I had him last year in a PPR league. Wasn't a big TD guy but 8-9 targets/catches what felt like every game. Now you have to bench him until proven otherwise it feels like.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had him last year in a PPR league. Wasn't a big TD guy but 8-9 targets/catches what felt like every game. Now you have to bench him until proven otherwise it feels like.

I played him twice this season.  Got 1 catch each time.  At least the catch in week 1 was a 50 yard TD.

My issue is I'm decimated at receiver.  Have Jeudy on IR, Dionte Johnson likely not to play this week, and A. Cooper questionable for Monday night.  My only 2 healthy receivers are Anderson and Jakobi Meyers.

I had to start him last night in case Cooper is ruled out.  Otherwise, I had no one else to plug in 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I played him twice this season.  Got 1 catch each time.  At least the catch in week 1 was a 50 yard TD.

My issue is I'm decimated at receiver.  Have Jeudy on IR, Dionte Johnson likely not to play this week, and A. Cooper questionable for Monday night.  My only 2 healthy receivers are Anderson and Jakobi Meyers.

I had to start him last night in case Cooper is ruled out.  Otherwise, I had no one else to plug in 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I get it but I am still sacrificing a live chicken and drinking rum shots to improve my winning % chances this week.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thielen or Carson? Non ppr

Tough one. Cook is Q for the game so it could mean another big week for Thielen. Of course Carson you never know either. Last week 31 yards but 2 scores and week before 91 yards but no scores. I actually probably go Thielen.

PS gang. Dalvin Cook is Q. Plan accordingly if you don't have Mattison on your roster.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

So glad my #1 pick is out for the forseeable future. Should have known not to trust CMAC.

Never easy to lose a guy  that early. Happened last year for me. Go find Chuba quickly if he isn't already rostered by someone like me. I have Chuba in most leagues and Mattison in all as well. It's a strategy that has been working for me for years. Get catchers and handcuff the RB position as much as roster size allows. 

Only week 3 and we now have Ravens, Panthers, 49ers, Rams and a few other backfields getting ready to change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Tough one. Cook is Q for the game so it could mean another big week for Thielen. Of course Carson you never know either. Last week 31 yards but 2 scores and week before 91 yards but no scores. I actually probably go Thielen.

PS gang. Dalvin Cook is Q. Plan accordingly if you don't have Mattison on your roster.

OK.  So here is my Cook quandary.  My non-HSN league.  This is the league where I got Zeke in the third round and ended up with Cook, Chubb, and Zeke at RB.  Been playing Zeke at the flex, but I've already flipped them so Cook is in the Flex spot.  My options are:

• Julio, who plays at 1:00 against Colts.  If Cook is game-time decision, I don't like this one.  If Cook is ruled out earlier, this is an attractive option.
  • D. Smith who plays Monday night against the Cowboys.  Allows me to wait and see on Cook.  But, is he a better play than Jones if Cook is ruled out early?
  • Play Cook if he is going to give it a go.  The most upside, but run the risk of him going one series and decided he can't go.

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

OK.  So here is my Cook quandary.  My non-HSN league.  This is the league where I got Zeke in the third round and ended up with Cook, Chubb, and Zeke at RB.  Been playing Zeke at the flex, but I've already flipped them so Cook is in the Flex spot.  My options are:

• Julio, who plays at 1:00 against Colts.  If Cook is game-time decision, I don't like this one.  If Cook is ruled out earlier, this is an attractive option.
  • D. Smith who plays Monday night against the Cowboys.  Allows me to wait and see on Cook.  But, is he a better play than Jones if Cook is ruled out early?
  • Play Cook if he is going to give it a go.  The most upside, but run the risk of him going one series and decided he can't go.

Man. Tough one again. If I know anything about WR meeting rooms...AJ Brown is getting touches this week and not Julio. Smith I really like probably has the safest floor in what should be a ton of points and yards game. Personally I wait to see on Cook and if he's out go Smith. Most weeks I like Julio over Smith but when one WR has a big week and the other one doesn't....the other WR is going to get the red zone targets the following. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have the same issue. And my RB2 is CEH and has come nowhere close to playing up to the hype. I see lots of L’s in my HSN Fantasy future 

Can't figure out CEH. Read an article/tweet about him and the guy basically said this. Your team can't be fine without you and the Chiefs are fine with or without CEH.

18 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have the same issue. And my RB2 is CEH and has come nowhere close to playing up to the hype. I see lots of L’s in my HSN Fantasy future 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't figure out CEH. Read an article/tweet about him and the guy basically said this. Your team can't be fine without you and the Chiefs are fine with or without CEH.

CEH was on my mental 'Do Not Draft' list for any league I entered.  I think he was seriously overhyped/overdrafted because he is on the Chiefs.  Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill are worthy of their lofty draft status.    They would be elite if you picked them up and put them on another team.  Put CEH on another team and you have Myles Gaskin.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, 5fouls said:

Sounds like no Cook later if that makes things any easier. I'm going Mattison in 50% of my leagues but not all. 

Tough week to decide which handcuff or which players to trust. Between Mattison, Sermon, JuJu.....Patriots and Ravens and Broncos RB situations...plenty of tough calls. Oh and matchups too. Haha.

Good luck to everyone this week!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like no Cook later if that makes things any easier. I'm going Mattison in 50% of my leagues but not all. 

Tough week to decide which handcuff or which players to trust. Between Mattison, Sermon, JuJu.....Patriots and Ravens and Broncos RB situations...plenty of tough calls. Oh and matchups too. Haha.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Yeah.  Heard the Cook news driving to the grocery this morning.  Plugged in D. Smith.  Big drop-off in original projected points.  But, it sounds as if the Cowboys Defense will be missing a lot on Monday night.  So, hopefully, Hurts and Smith can hook up a few times.