Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

That convo he had with Brady like around week 14 of last year changed his career. He basically is who Jacksonville drafted now. Motivated, great in pass blocking, catching the ball much better, and a load to bring down. He is a steal for those that drafted him this year because I believe he was going middle to late rounds.

I agree,  I had a lot of inner turmoil during drafts this year because I have always been a believer in Fournette.  But, this season, I finally bought into all of the 'experts' opinions who though he was washed up.  I regret it because I originally had him on the side of 'who I would like to get'.    

• Like 1

ESPN League.  Chubb out for me.  I have Cook and Elliot at RB, so I am okay there.  But, need a flex among A. Robinson, Julio Jones, Melvin Gordon, and Jamaal Williams.  3 of those 4 are listed 'Questionable' as well.  And, the one that isn't is Jones who was missed 2 straight games.

Who would you go with?  I'm leaning M. Gordon because of the matchup against the Raiders.  

Edit:  I may need a high upside after D. Smith and C. Godwin underperformed last night.  Not sure there is that potential with any of these guys though.  

Edited by 5fouls

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN League.  Chubb out for me.  I have Cook and Elliot at RB, so I am okay there.  But, need a flex among A. Robinson, Julio Jones, Melvin Gordon, and Jamaal Williams.  3 of those 4 are listed 'Questionable' as well.  And, the one that isn't is Jones who was missed 2 straight games.

Who would you go with?  I'm leaning M. Gordon because of the matchup against the Raiders.  

Edit:  I may need a high upside after D. Smith and C. Godwin underperformed last night.  Not sure there is that potential with any of these guys though.  

Lots of Q's and O's in my leagues so far....and I don't think Tyreek and Mike Williams are trending in a good way. I'd probably roll with Gordon. I'm rolling with Javonte Williams in 2 leagues just because of the matchup. Bears ran for 143 last week with backups vs Raiders Rush D. 

You know ARob, Julio are going to have a breakout week at some point but it's hard to trust when. Good luck! Tons of headaches coming this weekend.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird week in fantasy. Have a couple leagues where I should absolutely not lose...and am....and a couple others where I shouldn't win and will. Strange week. Overperformance in some players....way under in others. 

Some big names put up some duds this week and a couple huge games out of nowhere from some unusual places. That said Cooper Kupp has to be in running for FPOTY so far. WR2 when drafted avg like 28pts per game right now. Stud!! He has always been a solid wr but Stafford has turned him into an mvp candidate.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Eh I’ve put up over 150 4 of 6 weeks and am only 3-3. And 150 is only significant because no one aside from me averages that much in a week and I’ll be averaging about 165 per. 

And I'm your teams biggest fan.. I have Hill and Kupp in my non ppr money league. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

But... its one week :)

Yep....going to see some interesting outcomes now that bye weeks are here. Next week is going to be rough because I have so many guys out. Sometimes you just have to eat an L and not worry about it....don't want to take a bad trade or drop a decent backup just for bye week help for one week and make you weaker the rest of the year. I know you can plan for bye weeks in the draft but in my experience playing over the years if you just build your team with the best players you can and if the bye week overlaps don't worry. Take your lump (your not going to win every week anyways).....I worry more about the schedule down the stretch when the playoff weeks hit and guys matchups then if they are bad etc. To me positioning for a playoff run is more important than getting through a couple bad bye weeks. I've had too many good seasons ruined by bad playoff matchups for my guys then winning an extra week during the regular season. Doesn't mean it will work...but I'm always planning ahead.

12 hours ago, Indykev said:

Who ever sent me the offer for Dalvin Cook, I dont remember who, you could have had him cheap..........last week. :coffee:

LOL....I somehow doubt that. I made an offer last week and you countered with McCaffrey, Mike Williams (the then #1 wr in fantasy), and Adam Theilen (clear wr2). You are a shrewd negotiator....I'd hate to see what it would take this week to pry him away 🤣 Considering what you stole him from ledies...you are the Daryl Morey of Fantasy lol. Great job there!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dgambill said:

LOL....I somehow doubt that. I made an offer last week and you countered with McCaffrey, Mike Williams (the then #1 wr in fantasy), and Adam Theilen (clear wr2). You are a shrewd negotiator....I'd hate to see what it would take this week to pry him away 🤣 Considering what you stole him from ledies...you are the Daryl Morey of Fantasy lol. Great job there!

Just so I'm following. The trade offer was Cook (who has injury issues) for CMC (last week he was expected to return, Thielen, AND Mike Williams? I need that valuation calculator next time I sell a property. 

• Haha 2

I have all kinds of issues being able to get on our league with my phone. Unfortunately because of that I just don't make many changes. 

In my other league after a week 1 loss I got my 5th win in a row. Defeating the top team in the other division. The nice thing is that Herbert only scored 11 points for me and was my worst score for the week. I love my team. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just so I'm following. The trade offer was Cook (who has injury issues) for CMC (last week he was expected to return, Thielen, AND Mike Williams? I need that valuation calculator next time I sell a property. 

We mutually agreed to part ways lol. It's all good...just saying if that was a discount I'm not sure what premium price would be. He had a couple bench guys in the mix but I'd have to drop them as they were not playable. Indy is ruthless lol!!! 😆 Besides, I'm sure some my offers weren't any better as no one is biting on any of mine lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dgambill said:

We mutually agreed to part ways lol. It's all good...just saying if that was a discount I'm not sure what premium price would be. He had a couple bench guys in the mix but I'd have to drop them as they were not playable. Indy is ruthless lol!!! 😆

Always all good. Just was curious. I have one league where trades never happen because 1 guy might think Christian Kirk is actually Davante Adams....or Alexander Mattison is worth Alvin Kamara because he's one injury away type stuff. 

Have a feeling with all the injuries people are going to have start discounting their valuations just a tad to make deals happen. With Kareem Hunt being down for a few weeks and Chubb not certain to return this Thursday I could see a team like the Browns reaching out to Colts for Mack. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have all kinds of issues being able to get on our league with my phone. Unfortunately because of that I just don't make many changes. 

In my other league after a week 1 loss I got my 5th win in a row. Defeating the top team in the other division. The nice thing is that Herbert only scored 11 points for me and was my worst score for the week. I love my team. 

You must not be the only one having issues. I've played yahoo for a long time and the app works great for me...but I noticed a couple people have IR guys not put on the reserve list....and fyi if a guy is listed as O (out) you can IR them. We have two spots so not sure why people aren't using them unless they are having issues logging in too.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You must not be the only one having issues. I've played yahoo for a long time and the app works great for me...but I noticed a couple people have IR guys not put on the reserve list....and fyi if a guy is listed as O (out) you can IR them. We have two spots so not sure why people aren't using them unless they are having issues logging in too.

My team is not very strong to say the least but I am competitive so I hate losing anything

• Like 1