Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Question for the board or maybe the Commish.

I completed a 3 for 2 trade a week or two ago. Consequently I have an open spot on my roster. When I try to fill the spot, I am asked to drop a player to add one. I don't want to drop any players on my roster. How can I add someone to fill the open spot?

Steub.  In looking at your roster, you dont really have a roster spot open.  McCaffery is classified as IR eligible, but you have not moved him there.  If you move him into IR status on your team, that frees up the roster spot.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Steub.  In looking at your roster, you don th really have a roster spot open.  McCaffery is classified as IR eligible, but you have not moved him there.  If you move him into IR status on your team, that frees up the roster spot.  

Confusing to me because when I look at my roster it shows an empty spot on my bench. I will have to figure out how to put a player on IR

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Confusing to me because when I look at my roster it shows an empty spot on my bench. I will have to figure out how to put a player on IR

I think if you click on the 'BN' button next to McCaffery, it will drop an IR spot at the bottom of your roster.  Click on the IR with Mccaffery highlighted and it should move him there.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny you bring that up. I was just looking at who I want to add this week and thought about doing that. I've got a few guys I just don't want to drop. I also have Bass as my kicker in two leagues. Trying to figure out if I should drop one of my valuable handcuffs or Bass to fill the kicker role. 

I'd keep a kicker over defense as you can pretty well count on 5-10pts....defense unless you have a killer defense/matchup you may not even get that....heck you may even end up with zero or lose points. Just depends on what you have available to you. Heck my TE last 3 weeks is only getting me like 5pts a game....pointless basically.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Steub.  In looking at your roster, you dont really have a roster spot open.  McCaffery is classified as IR eligible, but you have not moved him there.  If you move him into IR status on your team, that frees up the roster spot.  

This is what I hate about Yahoo...they mess with player status all the time....like the default status of a guy with an injury not on IR is to make him doubtful until the coach makes a decision....even when he has ZERO chance to play. They kept doing that with Gronk each week. Guy has broken ribs for crying out loud...he sat out like 3 weeks but they kept making him doubtful when he should have just stayed O until announced he was probable to play. So each week I'd have to take him off IR and make a spot for him or I'd have to leave him on IR and not be able to make a spot....and that might take til Friday for his status to change back to Out......and I'd miss out on who I wanted to pick up. So dumb. Same happened with McCaffery and probably what made confusing in this situation because instead of leaving him as Out so Stuebs could IR him they kept switching his status back and forth and he couldn't open up a bench spot. Since he is actually on IR now....should be good to go.

Tomorrow night has a chance to get real ugly. Case Keenum starting for Browns and hearing Bridgewater has problems. Might be the first time I start a kicker as P1 in my fanduel lineup.

I have Javonte Williams but am real hesitant in playing him because of timeshare still and matchup.

On an unrelated note. I think we discussed on here. Saw Robby Anderson get dropped in 2 leagues this week. Not sure if it's performance or teams needing to set rosters but certainly didn't see that coming by week 7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Tomorrow night has a chance to get real ugly. Case Keenum starting for Browns and hearing Bridgewater has problems. Might be the first time I start a kicker as P1 in my fanduel lineup.

I have Javonte Williams but am real hesitant in playing him because of timeshare still and matchup.

On an unrelated note. I think we discussed on here. Saw Robby Anderson get dropped in 2 leagues this week. Not sure if it's performance or teams needing to set rosters but certainly didn't see that coming by week 7.

Dropped....because of drops likey. Leads the league in dropped passes...which I think is under counted stat as very subjective stat. Not sure I'd drop him going against the Giants pass rush...but he has certainly underperformed this year. I can see dropping him in anything but a deep league...especially if you need a running back for bye week or something...but doubt there are too many wrs better than him on the waiver.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I dropped Robby last week in one of my Yahoo leagues (not the one I'm in with you).  Planning ahead, both my starting WRs were on byes this week. and my #3, Jeudy, is on IR.  I had zero desire to be forced to start Robby.  Thought I would jump in and grab TY Hilton coming off injury before someone else did.  I figured his weekly floor was higher than Robby's.  And, as fate would have it, my plans blew up as TY gets hurt again. 

Not related to Robby, but, as mentioned, the team I dropped him from is without my top 3 receivers this week because of byes and injury. But, that's not the worst part.  On top of that, my top two RBs are Montgomery (IR) and Gibson (quite possibly headed to IR).  I can only laugh at the team I'm having to field this week.     

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Deshaun Watson deal coming soon. I can't make the move for him in our league because of roster space but go get him in other leagues. He'll be up to speed within 1-2 weeks is my guess.

Edit. Changed my mind. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I picked him up in my ESPN league, which is a 2 QB format.  Couldn't really make the move in my 2nd HSN league because, as described in post above, the team is ravaged by injuries and I need as many able bodied people as possible on bench.  I really can't afford to use a spot on a 2nd QB.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dropped Robby last week in one of my Yahoo leagues (not the one I'm in with you).  Planning ahead, both my starting WRs were on byes this week. and my #3, Jeudy, is on IR.  I had zero desire to be forced to start Robby.  Thought I would jump in and grab TY Hilton coming off injury before someone else did.  I figured his weekly floor was higher than Robby's.  And, as fate would have it, my plans blew up as TY gets hurt again. 

Not related to Robby, but, as mentioned, the team I dropped him from is without my top 3 receivers this week because of byes and injury. But, that's not the worst part.  On top of that, my top two RBs are Montgomery (IR) and Gibson (quite possibly headed to IR).  I can only laugh at the team I'm having to field this week.     

My head hurts even reading this. Good Lord!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I picked him up in my ESPN league, which is a 2 QB format.  Couldn't really make the move in my 2nd HSN league because, as described in post above, the team is ravaged by injuries and I need as many able bodied people as possible on bench.  I really can't afford to use a spot on a 2nd QB.

I didn't want to do it either but I thought about Penny. I've seen this rodeo before in Seattle. Penny will start but Collins Homer and some guy who caught salmon over the weekend will get touches. I'm picking up Watson purely for trade value. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't want to do it either but I thought about Penny. I've seen this rodeo before in Seattle. Penny will start but Collins Homer and some guy who caught salmon over the weekend will get touches. I'm picking up Watson purely for trade value. 

You think he is getting traded? If he does you think he will play this year? I doubt Goodell will allow that. I see him going on the commissioners list if a team was going to try to play him.

• Like 1

This year is shot...if I'm Miami I make a play to sign Aaron Rodgers in the off season or make a trade (Tua+Xavier Howard for Russell Wilson) since Pete just wants to run the ball and play defense. Maybe add a couple picks. Russell wants out and Tua can hand the ball off and is on a rookie contract so Pete can stack the defense and is happy. Why take on the Watson risk.

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You think he is getting traded? If he does you think he will play this year? I doubt Goodell will allow that. I see him going on the commissioners list if a team was going to try to play him.

I'm sure that's already been spoken on because no one would trade for him. He isn't on the list this year and honestly can't until his hearings in February 2022.

In terms of Watson or Rodgers or Wilson....you could get a top 3-4 QB in the league in Watson potentially on the cheap (relatively speaking) knowing he's going to be on the list next for at least 6-8 games. Long term it makes sense for a team like Miami who isn't winning this year or maybe next. Plus it's Miami. What Watson did is called a normal day in most parts of the city....including Patriots owner Kraft. No big deal to their fanbase whatever happens with Watson. 

Unless Goodell has already informed all teams that Watson will be suspended, it would be irresponsible for him to do that just because the Texans trade him.  

If a suspension was forthcoming based on the current evidence, it should have already been put in place, or at least communicated that it would happen when a team adds him to the active roster.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This year is shot...if I'm Miami I make a play to sign Aaron Rodgers in the off season or make a trade (Tua+Xavier Howard for Russell Wilson) since Pete just wants to run the ball and play defense. Maybe add a couple picks. Russell wants out and Tua can hand the ball off and is on a rookie contract so Pete can stack the defense and is happy. Why take on the Watson risk.

Rodgers is going to go to a place where he has a shot to win it all right away. I don't see the Dolphins being that team. He seems to be reaching out to Pittsburgh and I could see him replacing Big Ben there next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Rodgers is going to go to a place where he has a shot to win it all right away. I don't see the Dolphins being that team. He seems to be reaching out to Pittsburgh and I could see him replacing Big Ben there next year.

To me his easiest path is NFC. You have Rams and Bucs probably Cardinals....vs AFC of Chiefs, Bills, Chargers. I've been thinking Saints all along. Put him with Kamara and Thomas and whoever else wants to join him and you have a 35 point offense each night. Of course Wilson might be thinking the same. Washington is a great QB away from being very good themselves.

Edited by Seeking6

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me his easiest path is NFC. You have Rams and Bucs probably Cardinals....vs AFC of Chiefs, Bills, Chargers. I've been thinking Saints all along. Put him with Kamara and Thomas and whoever else wants to join him and you have a 35 point offense each night. Of course Wilson might be thinking the same. Washington is a great QB away from being very good themselves.

You gotta include the Ravens on your list of AFC teams.  They already beat the Chiefs and destroyed the Chargers.

Oh, and dont forget the Bengals.  :coffee:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I got suckered into believing their defense was good and kept them for about 3 weeks on one of my fantasy teams. That was enough to show me that they aren't for some reason. Should be but I think Rodgers wants to go somewhere that he doesn't have to continue to put up tons of points to win. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Unless Goodell has already informed all teams that Watson will be suspended, it would be irresponsible for him to do that just because the Texans trade him.  

If a suspension was forthcoming based on the current evidence, it should have already been put in place, or at least communicated that it would happen when a team adds him to the active roster.

Goodell works for the league. It’s in the leagues best interest for Watson to stay on the down low until it is sorted. He hasn’t already put him on the list because he is not been activated by Houston and he won’t be activated by them. This has already been sorted in private conversations undoubtedly. Saved Goodell from having to weigh in. Don’t think he won’t if a team tries to activate him. He’s a detriment to the league.

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Very possibly…hard to tell. I’m sure he wants to go to the west coast. Not sure there is an opening there though. Keep an eye on Denver. They have a habit of stealing other teams qbs lol.

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure that's already been spoken on because no one would trade for him. He isn't on the list this year and honestly can't until his hearings in February 2022.

In terms of Watson or Rodgers or Wilson....you could get a top 3-4 QB in the league in Watson potentially on the cheap (relatively speaking) knowing he's going to be on the list next for at least 6-8 games. Long term it makes sense for a team like Miami who isn't winning this year or maybe next. Plus it's Miami. What Watson did is called a normal day in most parts of the city....including Patriots owner Kraft. No big deal to their fanbase whatever happens with Watson. 

No one is trading for him. (This year) I’ll be happy to eat crow if it happens. All do respect there is a huge difference in Kraft and Watson. While both disgusting acts one was accused by 22 women of forcing himself on them etc. the other was mutual. Not going to get into the validity but let’s not pretend they are even close to the same thing. 

If he is cleared well you can debate who is best to lead the team and take them to a SB….Rodgers cost just what his salary will be. Wilson will cost less then Watson if he is cleared. Whatever the case why the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward. They will wait to find out. Watson will still want out…has a no trade clause and Houston will be over a barrel to move him where he wants to go. 

Edited by dgambill