Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Was in Meijer tonight and noticed the first Football magazines have hit the rack.  I recall at the end of last season we discussed having a HSN member Fantasy football league this year (bragging rights only).  Everyone still interested in that?  I believe @KDB even offered to be commissioner.

I'll leave it up to the majority, but my preference is PPR with a cap of 12 teams.  If we get more interest than that, we could possibly explore a second league.  I prefer PPR because it helps balance the field for those with later draft picks and makes a lot more players viable plays each week.

The roster construction I prefer is 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST, 1 Flex. and 6 bench.   But, I'm again open to suggestions from others.  I just think a a 3 WR setup in a 12 team league thins out the position too much.  

Who else out there is interested?

Going to keep a running list of those interested.  Taking it to 24 spots in case we have enough for 2 leagues.   If we have more than 12, but less than 24, we can evaluate if it makes sense to have smaller leagues.  If we are sitting on an odd number, I would be willing to enter a team in both leagues to ensure everyone that wants to gets to play.

1) @KDB(commissioner)

2) @5fouls

3) @Steubenhoosier

4) @rico

5) @PAHoosier

6) @btownqb

7) @Billingsley99

8 ) @Hoosier51

9) @Parakeet Jones

10) @ledies22

11) @bluegrassIU

12) @Indykev

13) @dgambill

14) @KoB2011

15) @tdhoosier

16) @Seeking6

17) @Leathernecks

18) @B_A

19) @BeerBQ

20) @mrflynn03

21) @NotIThatLives

22) @Sagamore

23)

24)

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm in. may need 2 leagues.

Yeah, we likely will.  If we get 14, we will need to stick with 1 league.  You can't really split that in two.  But, once you get to 16, that's really too many for a single league.  Ideally, for two league we'll have 20-24.  That way both league can be 10-12 teams.  

• Like 1

This post is to catch the attention of some posters who showed interest, or just participated frequently in the general fantasy football thread we had going last year.  Just in case you might be interested but don't visit the football board often in the offseason.

And, for those of you not listed, you are welcome to join as well.  Looks like we'll likely need to leagues regardless, so optimum would be 20-24, with 13 filled already.

@Leathernecks

@B_A

@Seeking6

@Stlboiler23

@IU Scott 

@tdhoosier

@KoB2011

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This post is to catch the attention of some posters who showed interest, or just participated frequently in the general fantasy football thread we had going last year.  Just in case you might be interested but don't visit the football board often in the offseason.

And, for those of you not listed, you are welcome to join as well.  Looks like we'll likely need to leagues regardless, so optimum would be 20-24, with 13 filled already.

@Leathernecks

@B_A

@Seeking6

@Stlboiler23

@IU Scott 

@tdhoosier

@KoB2011

Happy to play. Are we doing this for money or just bragging rights?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@Leathernecks

@B_A

@Seeking6

@Stlboiler23

@IU Scott 

@tdhoosier

@KoB2011

I’m in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Leathernecks

@B_A

@Seeking6

@Stlboiler23

@IU Scott 

@tdhoosier

@KoB2011

I'm fine to join....am usually in about 15 leagues each fall. If you need someone I'll join. Otherwise someone else can have my spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I would probably do it.  My fall/winter is going to be a bit crazy this year, so I was letting others sign up first.

I added you for now.  If we need a spot, have an odd number, or you determine there is no way you can do it, we can revisit.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I added you for now.  If we need a spot, have an odd number, or you determine there is no way you can do it, we can revisit.  

If we have two leagues is there a way to decide the overall champ? Overall record and maybe point total? lol just wondering for overall bragging rights lol