Another chance for those not invited to NBA combine?

If I’m reading this correctly these players have an opportunity to play their way into a combine invitation.

Big 10 players of note: Brown, Dickinson & Smith (Michigan), Liddell & Washington (OSU), Carr (Minnesot) & Cockburn (Illinois).

https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announces-field-of-40-draft-prospects-for-2021-nba-g-league-elite-camp-in-chicago/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

If I’m reading this correctly these players have an opportunity to play their way into a combine invitation.

Big 10 players of note: Brown, Dickinson & Smith (Michigan), Liddell & Washington (OSU), Carr (Minnesot) & Cockburn (Illinois).

https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announces-field-of-40-draft-prospects-for-2021-nba-g-league-elite-camp-in-chicago/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Aaron Wiggins of Maryland too...

A couple of other names of interest, at least to me, were DJ Carton and Dawson Garcia both from Marquette, and former IU recruiting targets...

22 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

I guess I missed Wiggins.

Isn’t it pretty much expected that other than Carr, Brown, Smith and Cockburn that all the others are returning?

I think so, unless they'd get really good feedback from this G league deal. A few of those guys will greatly affect the B10 race.

I was surprised Eric Ayala's name wasn't in there. He and Wiggins are pretty much mirror images of each other...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I think so, unless they'd get really good feedback from this G league deal. A few of those guys will greatly affect the B10 race.

I was surprised Eric Ayala's name wasn't in there. He and Wiggins are pretty much mirror images of each other...

Yeah - forgot about Ayala. I’d like to see them all leave for selfish reasons of course. Hopefully though the days of me hoping that opponents are weakened so we can rise in the standings are coming to an end. Having started my IU fandom when I arrived on campus for the ‘72/‘73 season culminating in the undefeated national championship season my senior year I NEVER worried about the strength of our opposition - I just knew we’d whip ‘em all. Honestly never considered that my attitude would ever change but the last 20 - 25 years have jaundiced me. I want my SWAGGER back!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Yeah - forgot about Ayala. I’d like to see them all leave for selfish reasons of course. Hopefully though the days of me hoping that opponents are weakened so we can rise in the standings are coming to an end. Having started my IU fandom when I arrived on campus for the ‘72/‘73 season culminating in the undefeated national championship season my senior year I NEVER worried about the strength of our opposition - I just knew we’d whip ‘em all. Honestly never considered that my attitude would ever change but the last 20 - 25 years have jaundiced me. I want my SWAGGER back!!!!

You were there during the best 4 year stretch in IU history, in my opinion. Very exciting time.

I remember going to a game in what would have been your sophomore year against South Carolina...They had Alex English, Brian Winters, and Mike Dunleavy, but IU still won. If I remember right, Abernathy had a big game for IU.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You were there during the best 4 year stretch in IU history, in my opinion. Very exciting time.

I remember going to a game in what would have been your sophomore year against South Carolina...They had Alex English, Brian Winters, and Mike Dunleavy, but IU still won. If I remember right, Abernathy had a big game for IU.

I was definitely spoiled. Double-edged sword as getting used to that kind of success for my time at IU and beyond made the fall of the program that much more disgusting and painful. I only hope others will be able to taste a modicum of the success I witnessed and I'd like to taste a bit more before I  kick the bucket. Almost gave up my season tickets but thankful now that I didn't.

• Like 1