Who is the IU player you want to keep an eye on this offseason?

Straight forward. We have a whole new system. Lot's of new faces. Lots of guys with question marks. I know we want to know how everyone is progressing but if you had to narrow it down to one guy who are you most interested in hearing how things are going with?

For example...mine is Parker Stewart...just so little has been shared since his arrival and with all he has gone through I am wondering can we count on him to be that offensive threat on the wing to help lessen the blow of losing Al and Armaan's shooting. I feel like we know what we are getting with Johnson (attacking guard) but it's been so long since Parker has played and last time was at Tenn Martin so can we rely on him for that shooting/scoring threat we need from our backcourt. I'm very interested in seeing and hearing how he progresses this summer.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lander...

He's going to get the freedom under Woody that was thought to be holding him back, now the ball is in his court...

I think he has a very high ceiling...

It would be nice if by mid season he was challenging Johnson for more minutes...

He was probably number 2 on my list. I really hope Woody encourages him to focus on attacking the basket more...getting in the lane and creating and finishing. Can we teach him a little floater (ala Trae Young) instead of the kid just standing 3 feet behind the 3 pt line and chucking threes. If we can get him stronger, more confident, and pushing the ball...he has a huge upside for sure!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m interested to see the jump TJD takes from working with the new staff, specifically in the areas Woody told him he needed to improve in.  There really is no wrong answer here though. 

Absolutely...just wondering who everyone is focused on. I really am not too worried about Trayce. Even if he doesn't drastically improve on anything he is still going to be a very very effective player for us...sure if he can that will be a big deal that can open up our offense. Absolutely no wrong answer...just wondering who are the guy's whose growth and play will be instrumental in turning this season around for us. Maybe doesn't have to be our most important player but could just be a guy that has you intrigued the most. If Woody can improve Trayce jump shot...oh wow that would be a BIG signal for guys potentially coming to the program for sure!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m interested to see the jump TJD takes from working with the new staff, specifically in the areas Woody told him he needed to improve in.  There really is no wrong answer here though. 

Spot on. Imagine if TJD can hit mid range jumpers and go right? 26 ppg isn’t out of the question. Big year for him I think. Like National POY potential. 

• Like 5

Honestly the whole team. New system and all. New coaches,etc...

If I had to say which specific player it's probably Lander, TJD, and Bates in that order.

I'm also looking for what happens when guys thought they would be playing and aren't.  First year is always the toughest for new staff....and remaining players. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Lander is the player I want to keep an eye on. If he starts to play up to his potential I think that would be huge for the Hoosiers.

Also I want to keep an eye on Bates, I think he can be a very good player for IU.

The other guy I think could improve the most is Jordan Geronimo. He's gotta show Woody early that he can play if he wants minutes. The kid is a gifted athlete, but I also think he's got a ton of basketball skill we have only seen glimpses of so far...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The other guy I think could improve the most is Jordan Geronimo. He's gotta show Woody early that he can play if he wants minutes. The kid is a gifted athlete, but I also think he's got a ton of basketball skill we have only seen glimpses of so far...

Yep. Those are the type of kids I really hope flourish....and really hope he and others do. Problem with year 1. There will be guys who are good kids, good players...wrong system and will leave. I hate it. Just the way it's going to be because this staff is going to recruit top 30 guys to come in and those guys aren't coming in to ride pine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Xavier Johnson. We've been missing a hard charging point guard 

With what Woodsen is putting together I think this kid is a gamechanger.  I love Rob but he is a solid backup.

I also think he can teach Lander soooo much since they are the same kind of player. So I’m looking to see if there becomes a mentorship/friendship from those two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Let me think about this.  Tyra Buss graduated a couple of years ago.  Otherwise, she would be the obvious choice.

Jordan Geronimo.  I think the coaching change has more of a positive impact on him than anyone else.  

I thought a man with as many exes as you wouldn’t think about women of his past??? 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Let me think about this.  Tyra Buss graduated a couple of years ago.  Otherwise, she would be the obvious choice.

Jordan Geronimo.  I think the coaching change has more of a positive impact on him than anyone else.  

If you liked Tyra, you should check out the thread on the Lady Stetson Beach Volleyball team starting on page 121 in this thread -> A long meandering debate about Luke Brown (not the next Damon Bailey) and various other off-topic discussions 

I thought Luke Brown was just code to throw the mods off.

Edited by IUaic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1