Devin Mockobee

I saw where former Navy recruit Devin Mockobee, grad from Booneville HS,  has decommitted and will play for the black & gold up north. He is quite the athlete having won a state championship in the long jump I believe.

This is a good one that got away.....

Boonville grad, Devin Mockobee, heading to Purdue, decommits from Navy (14news.com)

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I saw where former Navy recruit Devin Mockobee, grad from Booneville HS,  has decommitted and will play for the black & gold up north. He is quite the athlete having won a state championship in the long jump I believe.

This is a good one that got away.....

Boonville grad, Devin Mockobee, heading to Purdue, decommits from Navy (14news.com)

We didn't have room. 

This kid might end up being decent, but he isn't even in the top 2000 on 247.  They show his offers as Navy, Valparaiso, and Hanover College.

He's ranked lower than any commit we've had since 2018 (the one guy lower that year was McFadden lol).

Purdue can have him.  Their recruiting has been terrible lately.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This kid might end up being decent, but he isn't even in the top 2000 on 247.  They show his offers as Navy, Valparaiso, and Hanover College.

He's ranked lower than any commit we've had since 2018 (the one guy lower that year was McFadden lol).

I was thinking the same thing.   Not knocking the kid for taking the opportunity to get a BIG level education and play football while doing it.

But his offer list is virtually nonexistent.   There are two guys Brohm have picked up recently that had 0 power 5 offers outside of PU.  It reminds me of Lynch recruiting at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

☹️ May come back to bite us.....

I've noticed Perdont has got a foot hold in recruiting down here in southern Indiana, I don't like it.

I did some “research” on this looking at the 247 top players in Indiana. 

6. Caleb Murphy (West Washington) - IU

7. Kyle King (New Pal) - MSU

20. James Bomb (Bloomington) - Miami

4. Zen Michalski (Floyd’s Knobs) - OSU

9. Austin Booker (Greenwood) - Minny

10. Luke Collinsworth (Brookville) - Cincy

12. Aaron Steinfeldt (Bloomington) - IU

17. Jaelin AVD (Moorsville) - Purdue

19. Zach Richards (Moorsville) - Purdue

I’m not too concerned. Obviously rankings aren’t always perfect, but the recruits from the southern (very tough to get agreement on where the region even is) end up all over the place. 

10 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m not too concerned. Obviously rankings aren’t always perfect, but the recruits from the southern (very tough to get agreement on where the region even is) end up all over the place. 

Bomba is at IU now. I wouldn't count Booker, the Mooresville kids, or Kyle King as kids from So IN. I would count Preston Terrell though. He spent his first 16 years living in So IN. 

The state is producing more and more.. we just have to stay solid instate. 5 of the top 12 every year or so. OSU and ND are going to get theirs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I wouldn't be too quick to diss the southern part of the state. There's been some pretty good football teams down here lately, just sayin'.....

Not from a Big Ten recruit standpoint there isn't. 

I coach at a HS in the southern part of the state btw. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Not having on-campus visits plus a few sub-par years certainly hasn’t helped. But bringing Hagen back is already paying dividends. Great hire IMO. Will really help in the Strickland recruitment. 

8 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Totally unrelated comment, but what are the odds that a kid named Collinsworth commits to Cincinnati and isn’t related to Cris. 

9 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Are those current?  I only ask because a guy like Steinfeldt had roared up that list and had a very good ranking after the season.  I don’t see any reason why he would have fallen.  Big guy with athleticism.   

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Are those current?  I only ask because a guy like Steinfeldt had roared up that list and had a very good ranking after the season.  I don’t see any reason why he would have fallen.  Big guy with athleticism.   

That's composite. His rating on 247 is is #4 overall in the state and 25th rated TE. Idk what composite is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

That's composite. His rating on 247 is is #4 overall in the state and 25th rated TE. Idk what composite is. 

The composite takes into account the 247, ESPN, and Rivals rankings. In his case he is 4 on 247, 10 on Rivals, and 18 on ESPN. It looks like his composite is pulled down by ESPN.

I’m not entirely sure how the scores are combined, though. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

This one is 6'6 330 lol 

Well I knew it wasn’t his son, but could have been a nephew or something. Not like Collinsworth is that common of a name. 

That and you never know when it comes to kids and physical stature. My 10 year old is only about 6” shorter than me at this point. About a year ago, I had to break a 5th-6th grade football coach’s heart by telling him he was only going into 3rd grade….lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

The composite takes into account the 247, ESPN, and Rivals rankings. In his case he is 4 on 247, 10 on Rivals, and 18 on ESPN. It looks like his composite is pulled down by ESPN.

So.. we should never look at Composite. There is essentially zero chance he's the 18th best player in the state. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I’ve always given the most stock to 247.  I think they put the most resources in and their thoughts tend to bear out better.  Just IMO.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I’ve always given the most stock to 247.  I think they put the most resources in and their thoughts tend to bear out better.  Just IMO.  

There is just no way ESPN has any clue or enough scouts to have rankings.. no chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Well I knew it wasn’t his son, but could have been a nephew or something. Not like Collinsworth is that common of a name. 

That and you never know when it comes to kids and physical stature. My 10 year old is only about 6” shorter than me at this point. About a year ago, I had to break a 5th-6th grade football coach’s heart by telling him he was only going into 3rd grade….lol.

East Central is very close to Cinci.