2023 SF Coen Carr Commits to MSU

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Very raw...looks more SEC then B1G caliber player imo but who knows.

Yeah...have to admit I don't understand why we're interested in this young man?  Maybe he has other abilities, but all he seems to be showcasing is his jumping/dunking, which does zippo for me.

• Like 2

Yes, he is a raw athlete but he is working on his shooting and handle. You cannot teach that kind of athleticism. Can you imagine the defensive possibilities with this kid? Still has 2 years of high school to add to his game. Coach Woodson could mold him into an asset for the program. And with those dunks he could ignite Assembly Hall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jay edwards brother said:

Yes, he is a raw athlete but he is working on his shooting and handle. You cannot teach that kind of athleticism. Can you imagine the defensive possibilities with this kid? Still has 2 years of high school to add to his game. Coach Woodson could mold him into an asset for the program. And with those dunks he could ignite Assembly Hall.

BTB site has good background on this young man.  He realizes he needs to improve his overall game if he wants to to get a big time offer.  He's been working with Tony Delk ( boo! ) on his ball handling and shot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey no issue reaching out to a kid like this and having conversations...just think he has HUGE holes in his game for the B1G level....almost everyone is as big, strong, fast as him...he isn't Giannis...and while I'm sure he will get better...he will have to come with some sort of shot or ability to put in on the floor. Guess I'm just surprised he got an offer so quick. But what do I know.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 9:28 AM, ba43056 said:

I look at this kid and would love him to be a lock down Stacey Augmon type for us. I have hopes that CMW can get that out of Geronimo. Every great team needs that guy in the line-up. His coach gives a really honest summary of his game. 

Plastic man!

Best Stacey Augmon GIFs | Gfycat

On 6/17/2021 at 7:46 PM, jv1972iu said:

Yeah...have to admit I don't understand why we're interested in this young man?  Maybe he has other abilities, but all he seems to be showcasing is his jumping/dunking, which does zippo for me.

Doesn't hurt to take him out for a test drive and kick the tires a little bit.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The tape shows he has some range from 3, but his shot is too flat.  He's a lefty.  Hard to tell about his mid-range game.

A couple of little things I noticed.  He does play the passing lanes well.  He also hustles to get position on the weak side for put backs.  He has good timing and blocks quite a few shots.  He's very long as he has a 6'9" wing span.