2023 SF Coen Carr Commits to MSU

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

jesus. I was simply trying to be funny, I agreed with you. I don't really see a reason to be a jerk about it, but I won't make the mistake of quoting you again. 

My apologies that was uncalled for on my part. The kid has lots of options and a very good chance we won’t make the ncaa’s again this year I thought for senior night or any night it was pretty uninspiring 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

My apologies that was uncalled for on my part. The kid has lots of options and a very good chance we won’t make the ncaa’s again this year I thought for senior night or any night it was pretty uninspiring 

I agree completely.

Absolute only thing I was trying to say was maybe he could see that we needed wing help and there would be an opportunity to play! I was trying to stay positive, but unfortunately recruits want to see wins! 

As do fans!! lol 

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree completely.

Absolute only thing I was trying to say was maybe he could see that we needed wing help and there would be an opportunity to play! I was trying to stay positive, but unfortunately recruits want to see wins! 

As do fans!! lol 

Making sure you add “lol “  at the end of a text or post is the difference between being sarcastic or pi$$ng someone off….😳🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Right?! Any recruit that *can* put the rock in the hole should be licking their chops. That is a huge need here.

The staff should have game film from all the wide open looks we miss and showing those to recruits saying "When I get you these shots, you'll be All BigTen"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Cupps was there to last night with Carr, when Coen walked past where all the students were everyone chanted "We Want Coen". I was in the student section basically just telling everyone who he was. He seemed to enjoy it from just his facial expressions. There was times when he jumped out of his seat. He was standing up for Martha The Mop Lady. I honestly think this kid is gonna come here. Doesn't hurt also that he coached Josh Smith and I think thats not a bad comp. for the kid

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mkaser said:

Cupps was there to last night with Carr, when Coen walked past where all the students were everyone chanted "We Want Coen". I was in the student section basically just telling everyone who he was. He seemed to enjoy it from just his facial expressions. There was times when he jumped out of his seat. He was standing up for Martha The Mop Lady. I honestly think this kid is gonna come here. Doesn't hurt also that he coached Josh Smith and I think thats not a bad comp. for the kid

What recruits were there? I saw an article behind a paywall that said several recruits would be there, but only knew Carr and now you said Cupps

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think, they are talking about Cupps 6'7 HS teammate. He's committed to Drexel, I believe. 2022 

I was googling him and it looks like he decommitted.  The source was a stray message board but it would make sense.

EDIT

Sounds like he’s got a jumpshot and he is uncommitted.  Link about that nationally touted team with three P5 players.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/flyin-to-the-hoop-rolf-leads-centerville-to-win-over-no-4-ranked-team-in-the-nation/HSIMDSEBWZF3NFJA2ISASYWTSE/?outputType=amp

Edited by BobSaccamanno

• 2 weeks later...