Happy Juneteenth

31 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why are you open when the markets are not?

I have never paid attention to the days when the market is closed to determine my work schedule. Like @FKIM01 said, those can very productive days. Oftentimes clients might be off as well and it then becomes a convenient day to meet some of those people. Plus it gives me a chance to complain about all those people who do get the day off!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Now are you talking July 5th or actually Sunday the 4th?  My company is open Monday, but employees were granted a floating holiday to use whenever.  One employee is actually taking the 5th off but most are taking advantage of the fact that we are open to get stuff done but the phones are set to go straight to voicemail.  Those are the most productive days for us.

My schedule is Fri,Sat,Sun. Monday is a normal day off for me. 

The good thing though is if a holiday falls during the week a couple of us still get a workday off. So for Labor day I will get Sunday off and Monday. Since I'm salary I get paid for it too. 

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The good thing though is if a holiday falls during the week a couple of us still get a workday off. So for Labor day I will get Sunday off and Monday. Since I'm salary I get paid for it too. 

You work for a great company.  My buddy who is about as new as you there and is on short-term disability at 100% of pay while waiting for a spleen removal surgery agrees!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I work Wednesday-Sunday and if a Holiday falls on my day off I still get a holiday pay.  With the 4th of July on Sunday and if I work from that day I will get double time

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 5:43 PM, IU Scott said:

I work Wednesday-Sunday and if a Holiday falls on my day off I still get a holiday pay.  With the 4th of July on Sunday and if I work from that day I will get double time

Seems to me the being the 4th is on a Sunday it should be at minimum triple time...

• Like 1