2022 QB Josh Hoover Flips to TCU

https://twitter.com/jimcoyleISB/status/1467931450364284930?s=20

I spoke with Josh Hoover and he said the new OC hire at Indiana did not play a role in his decision to decommit. "No I don't really know him too well! Just had to reevaluate the situation and pray about it and I felt like it (TCU) was just a better fit for me". #iufb
Edited by PAHoosier
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

At the end of the day, the portal and the general moving and shaking of the new CFB (and college sports in general) landscape has MUCH more upside for IU than downside.  

Look at some of these MFers we're getting in on defense!! I'm still excited.  

Absolutely... and allowing a one time transfer with no penalty. Huge for us, along with grad transfer. 

WR should have 2 years and the DL guys 3. 

• Like 1

I am disappointed about Hoover but it is what it is.  He looked very advanced from the clips I saw.  He gave me a Ramsey vibe in the sense that he was very well schooled coming in and might very well kick ass over more highly recruited guys.  

You switch the OC and it's not all roses.  There is a bit of a re-set and some loss of recruits can be collateral damage.  It needed to be done here but you can't do it lightly.  (I know he says it has nothing to do with the OC, but people say the proper things to not burn bridges and not come across as an ass.  If you saw him in interviews, he was all in for IU.)

48 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am disappointed about Hoover but it is what it is.  He looked very advanced from the clips I saw.  He gave me a Ramsey vibe in the sense that he was very well schooled coming in and might very well kick ass over more highly recruited guys.  

You switch the OC and it's not all roses.  There is a bit of a re-set and some loss of recruits can be collateral damage.  It needed to be done here but you can't do it lightly.  (I know he says it has nothing to do with the OC, but people say the proper things to not burn bridges and not come across as an ass.  If you saw him in interviews, he was all in for IU.)

0 in conf. wins will make high school kids with other good offers think twice. A coaching change at a school in his backyard also played a part, i'm sure.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This has a lot more to do with our most recent hire at QB then anything else. 

I would guess, but don’t know for sure, that Dykes (who recruited him at SMU) getting the TCU job also didn’t help our cause.
All the sudden he had a Power 5 offer from a school, and coach he already knew, a hour from his house.

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I would guess, but don’t know for sure, that Dykes (who recruited him at SMU) getting the TCU job also didn’t help our cause.
All the sudden he had a Power 5 offer from a school, and coach he already knew, a hour from his house.

Well.. he had multiple of those offers already. But, yes, I agree... that certainly played a part of it. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well.. he had multiple of those offers already. But, yes, I agree... that certainly played a part of it. 

The only other one I see  (power 5) was Arkansas but maybe he had others. In any case he is a goner. A couple of his quotes to the Fort Worth paper (I also realize he is probably too classy to say anything negative about IU):

“It’s been a crazy day,” Hoover said, “But I’m excited about the decision. Whenever Coach Dykes and Coach Riley got their jobs at TCU, it changed the whole thing. ... I went over to TCU (on Sunday) and saw it and talked with the staff and just knew this was the place for me.”

I love Texas. It’s my home. As much as I want to say I’d go somewhere for a lot of other reasons, definitely a reason to choose TCU was to stay home. It’s easy for my family to come out there. We’re an hour away from my house. I take pride in having great relationships with my family, so that is a factor. It’s cool to be able to stay close to home.”

Edited by IU878176
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

The only other one I see  (power 5) was Arkansas but maybe he had others. In any case he is a goner. A couple of his quotes to the Fort Worth paper (I also realize he is probably too classy to say anything negative about IU):

“It’s been a crazy day,” Hoover said, “But I’m excited about the decision. Whenever Coach Dykes and Coach Riley got their jobs at TCU, it changed the whole thing. ... I went over to TCU (on Sunday) and saw it and talked with the staff and just knew this was the place for me.”

I love Texas. It’s my home. As much as I want to say I’d go somewhere for a lot of other reasons, definitely a reason to choose TCU was to stay home. It’s easy for my family to come out there. We’re an hour away from my house. I take pride in having great relationships with my family, so that is a factor. It’s cool to be able to stay close to home.”

A viable power 5 option, with a staff he likes, close to home.  For a Texas kid, that is huge.  We'll never know for sure, but the coaching change may have just provided the perfect opportunity to make the change. Best of luck to him either way.  We need a transfer that can play next season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

A viable power 5 option, with a staff he likes, close to home.  For a Texas kid, that is huge.  We'll never know for sure, but the coaching change may have just provided the perfect opportunity to make the change. Best of luck to him either way.  We need a transfer that can play next season.

Yeah, I can't blame the young man.  Time to move on.  Agree with you totally on the transfer comment.

• Like 1